IGNORED

Query - Forever Bristol host

Shauntaylor85

51 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Why not pm him. @headhunter

Yes, it is me! 

Started doing the PA from 94 iirc after Tottle stopped. Finished in 99 when they wanted Sam Mason pitchside.

Prior to doing PA from 83-94 covered club home & away for GWR until station switched to all music programming.

Great memories dealing with TC, Joe Jordan  & Wardy. Used to travel on team coach away with Tottle & Latham. Never ever won in card school on trip home!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

19 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Yes, it is me! 

Started doing the PA from 94 iirc after Tottle stopped. Finished in 99 when they wanted Sam Mason pitchside.

Prior to doing PA from 83-94 covered club home & away for GWR until station switched to all music programming.

Great memories dealing with TC, Joe Jordan  & Wardy. Used to travel on team coach away with Tottle & Latham. Never ever won in card school on trip home!

You don’t fancy doing it again by any chance? ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Yes, it is me! 

Sounds a great mini career, I guess we would love to hear some anecdotes although what goes on pitch side stays pitch side so wouldn't want you breaking any confidences.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Il bet one of the loudest cheers you heard headhunter was when Jacki came back for the first time, under ward was a night game against Brentford and the crowd went nuts

You sure that wasn’t the Wolves match. 2-2. Jacki was immense and the atmos he generated in the stands that night was something else 

I do recall one game pre-Christmas Vs Burnley in 97/98. We were trailing 0-1 and I bigged us up as the team came out at the start of the 2nd half. We turned it around and won. Wardy made a point of thanking me in the post match presser as he said it acted as a boost.

Used to do ClubCall for  a few years too until Jed Pitman (later HTV) took on full time job of Regional Editor. Who remembers the number? 

0898 12-11-76

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Yes, it is me! 

Sam Mason.... Jesus.

Thanks for bringing that memory back!

• Haha 1

Wa

4 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I do recall one game pre-Christmas Vs Burnley in 97/98. We were trailing 0-1 and I bigged us up as the team came out at the start of the 2nd half. We turned it around and won. Wardy made a point of thanking me in the post match presser as he said it acted as a boost.

Used to do ClubCall for  a few years too until Jed Pitman (later HTV) took on full time job of Regional Editor. Who remembers the number? 

0898 12-11-76

Bell and Tins playing sweet one twos around chris waddle!

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Would be nice, and no fee as I'd do it for the crack!

Unlikely in view of some of my posts on here and X. I'm a subversive rather than from the "we're lucky to be where we are" camp! ??

True mate. One of the things I like about FBC is you will have the challenging debates, whatever the opinions of the guests it’s at least honest. 

Ever thought of getting a club representative on? (Appreciate I may have missed it you have)

Edited by One Team
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, headhunter said:

Yes, it is me! 

Brilliant! I listened to one of your podcasts and it came back to me. I knew the announcer was called David but didn’t realise it was you. Good old days of AG, bring back yourself, David Lloyd and Tim Shires. 

4 hours ago, RedHienz said:

Sam Mason.... Jesus.

Thanks for bringing that memory back!

She really got booed and I think had a defensive shout back at the fans. May have been the WBA 1.3. 

• Like 1

I can hear it now. This is an emergency test of the PA system in the Dolman Stand. If you hear this tone, followed by instructions, please wait for a safety steward to direct you to the nearest emergency exit, thank you.

It may look 100 times better these days but my do we miss the old Ashton Gate. Opposition teams have it easy now. 

7 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I can hear it now. This is an emergency test of the PA system in the Dolman Stand. If you hear this tone, followed by instructions, please wait for a safety steward to direct you to the nearest emergency exit, thank you.

It may look 100 times better these days but my do we miss the old Ashton Gate. Opposition teams have it easy now. 

Another old announcement: “Mr Ashton is no longer required in the Dolman”

• Like 1