IGNORED

Suggestions

Eddie Notgetinya

Didn’t get much joy in the current affairs chat. I’m bringing a few mates to WBA on Sat. They’ve decided they want to visit Ashton Gate to see what I waste my time and money on every week aswell as have a look around Bristol to see if it’s as good as I say it is! 

We are all aged mid 30’s up to a very young 50 year old. It’s been a while since I went out out so the question is…Where can we go Saturday night for a few drinks? I was thinking King street but I’m expecting a moderately chilly night or maybe even rain which makes sitting outside less appealing. Ideally don’t want anything too heavy on the music front but most importantly a good and friendly atmosphere 

15 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Didn’t get much joy in the current affairs chat. I’m bringing a few mates to WBA on Sat. They’ve decided they want to visit Ashton Gate to see what I waste my time and money on every week aswell as have a look around Bristol to see if it’s as good as I say it is! 

We are all aged mid 30’s up to a very young 50 year old. It’s been a while since I went out out so the question is…Where can we go Saturday night for a few drinks? I was thinking King street but I’m expecting a moderately chilly night or maybe even rain which makes sitting outside less appealing. Ideally don’t want anything too heavy on the music front but most importantly a good and friendly atmosphere 

Wapping Wharf is pretty good now.  But for me the best night is always Gloucester Road and Stokes Croft. Canteen is a good place to end up as well.  

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

If you don't mind a walk, a little crawl up North Street and over the brand spanking new bridge (they'll cream their kecks over that), The Apple for proper farmhouse ciders, Old Bristolian is killer. Got an indoor bar on a boat as well as outdoor seating on the riverside. 

King Street's quality mind, bit of jazz/blues in the Old Duke, nothing too heavy. I'd go that way. 

• Like 2

You can do a nice Wander after the game. 
Orchard's a cracking little pub, Louisianna , Ostrich & Golden Guinea all pubs I enjoy, not sure how busy they are after the game. 
Like @ZiderEyed said , King Street is good, enough selection that you'll find somewhere you like.
I like the Left Handed Giant (Finzels Reach on the river) , Bocobar around the corner where they do burgers/Pizza . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

My friend’s 55 this Saturday. He’s watching the rugby in the Old Naval Volunteer, then we’re heading down to The Old Duke. The Apple cider barge is ok and The King Bill is ok too. The Llandoger is ok too.

34 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

My friend’s 55 this Saturday. He’s watching the rugby in the Old Naval Volunteer The Volley, then we’re heading down to The Old Duke. The Apple cider barge is ok and The King Bill is ok too. The Llandoger is ok too.

It’s a long long time since I’ve seen it given its full name.  In fact, I just googled it, and it appears to be called the Royal Famous Naval Volunteer these days.  It’s Instagram is @thevolley though.

Good pub though whatever it’s name.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s a long long time since I’ve seen it given its full name.  In fact, I just googled it, and it appears to be called the Royal Famous Naval Volunteer these days.  It’s Instagram is @thevolley though.

Good pub though whatever it’s name.

I’ve never called it The Volley. I’ve only been there once though, it was ok, it was a Sunday evening so very quiet.

• Like 1