IGNORED

Please support non league during International breaks (and beyond)

Always red

We have several international breaks during the season and also when the team is away or its a long journey (? to those fans that go home and away) please consider local non league football. They'd appreciate your support. I personally go to Clevedon town where the welcome is friendly and the football good. And you can enjoy a pint on the terraces whilst standing up! Weston, Portishead, Nailsea and Tickenham are all worth a visit.

These clubs have a hand to mouth existence and don't have access to the money swilling around at the top of the game

Give it a go if you can

1 minute ago, Always red said:

We have several international breaks during the season and also when the team is away or its a long journey (? to those fans that go home and away) please consider local non league football. They'd appreciate your support. I personally go to Clevedon town where the welcome is friendly and the football good. And you can enjoy a pint on the terraces whilst standing up! Weston, Portishead, Nailsea and Tickenham are all worth a visit.

These clubs have a hand to mouth existence and don't have access to the money swilling around at the top of the game

Give it a go if you can

Going back some 40 years now but I remember watching Keynsham a few times. It was always easy for me as I just had to drive down the notorious hill at Stockwood lane. There was also a pub across the road from the ground. Wonder if it is still there??

Local football is great especially if you can enjoy a few pints with others.

• Like 1

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Always red said:

Give it a go if you can

Very valid point 

There's a bit of non league discussion in this thread 

In the past someone from Clevedon Town has posted about games in the international windows 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, City oz said:

There was also a pub across the road from the ground. Wonder if it is still there?

Yes, the Crown is still open for business. Last I heard it was run by the landlord who ran The Robbins previously. Keynsham are a good local club that are going through a bit of a downturn but are giving youth a good chance now. Worth a few of your English pounds to watch. One thing to note is the car park right beside the ground is private and has meters. Oh, and Stockwood Lane is a bit of a headache at times, so best go on the Bath Road and head off at Hicks Gate roundabout if anyone wants to see the Ks.

• Thanks 1