IGNORED

SC&T Meeting with BCFC 13/09/23

phantom

4 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Again appreciate what you’re saying but football is our national game followed by millions of passionate fans and has a much higher profile than cricket. If City had any serious ambitions I couldn’t see Gould jumping ship when he did. Not sure he would have been too bothered about Barbados with an away game at Old Trafford on the weekend followed by a mid-week away Euro cup tie at Inter Milan (I can dream!). If we were in the prem lots of people would know the name of Richard Gould - I doubt very much anyone will know the name of someone high up within the international cricket administration? I think being in the public eye is important to people of his ilk.
To summarise I think we can all agree that there is currently something fundamentally wrong with our club and the exit of Gould I believe was a by-product of this. If for example he were the CEO of Luton last year I’m not sure he would have left them when he left us? 

I think the point you're making is, 'you don't really like cricket, and you prefer football, and therefore expect everyone else to like football more than cricket'.

If I was Gould and had the choice between the City role and the cricket role, I'd take the cricket role - and I'm a fan of City! 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

To summarise I think we can all agree that there is currently something fundamentally wrong with our club

Yep.

9 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

and the exit of Gould I believe was a by-product of this

Nope.

Barbados, maybe not, but this is a bloke who would rather wander around the HPC looking for golf balls than watch the game going on on the show pitch.  ECB was his dream sporting job, following the Somerset and Surrey roles.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep.

Nope.

Barbados, maybe not, but this is a bloke who would rather wander around the HPC looking for golf balls than watch the game going on on the show pitch.  ECB was his dream sporting job, following the Somerset and Surrey roles.

Plus, he's now working with his best mate Thompson rather than Jon and Steve Lansdown!

People forget/don't fully appreciate that financially football below the Prem and the teams with PPs is made up of pretty small businesses. £30m of revenue is, to the man on the street, a lot of money. But it represents a medium-sized business, and it's on the smaller side of medium. Most clubs in League 2, many in League 1, and even one or two in the Championship file accounts for small companies - ie they are legally defined as small companies. As a CEO, unless you're in the top 10 or so clubs in the country, there are much bigger roles available in sport.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Plus, he's now working with his best mate Thompson rather than Jon and Steve Lansdown!

People forget/don't fully appreciate that financially football below the Prem and the teams with PPs is made up of pretty small businesses. £30m of revenue is, to the man on the street, a lot of money. But it represents a medium-sized business, and it's on the smaller side of medium. Most clubs in League 2, many in League 1, and even one or two in the Championship file accounts for small companies - ie they are legally defined as small companies. As a CEO, unless you're in the top 10 or so clubs in the country, there are much bigger roles available in sport.

And from a Bristol City FC Ltd perspective, as that is what he was CEO of, not Ashton Gate or Holdings, it’s a £17m business.  So ECB is 20x as big!

• Like 1

On 15/09/2023 at 20:25, phantom said:

So why do Bristol City pay to rent ground etc etc

We're discussing Bristol Sport dictates the pricing in the ground, all of which is out of our control 

Because away supporters don't sit in either stand 

They pay their share of ground staff, ticket sellers and probably a couple of other items. This is done this way because the football club and rugby club/ basketball club, only employs player, coaching and medical staff. Unlike years ago when it was only City who played at Ashton Gate and employed all of the aforementioned functions. It's not rocket science is it. Or perhaps it needs constant explanation for some who don't want or can't understand.

Edited by cidered abroad