IGNORED

GIVE US THE ATYEO BACK!!!

TheBigFatWurzel

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m a bit too nostalgic where that’s concerned; rather like The Colston Hall, I still refer to that stand as its previous name, The Williams - perhaps because when I was queuing through the night for play off tickets in 1988, dear old Des Williams turned up with a pot of tea and walked down the line pouring cups to keep us going - an absolute gent and as important to our history as people like Beryl Fudge etc ...

Do you still refer to the Dolman by the name of its predecessor - The Cowshed? 

What happened to the promises from the club when we were to return to the old east end? Which is that the south stand would have standing along the back or front and the fans decided that the back would be the best option. I think the club agreed to this but they have done nothing.

Also we're 1 and a half thousand fans down from the old east end and those fans have either gone to other stands or given up entirely. This club seems to give us false hope. The south stand is supposed to be our home end and always should be but I just feel like the club can't be bothered and are making Ashton gate a home game for the away teams which is making me extremely angry about it. Ashton gate should be a fortress for the loyal supporters.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m a bit too nostalgic where that’s concerned; rather like The Colston Hall, I still refer to that stand as its previous name, The Williams - perhaps because when I was queuing through the night for play off tickets in 1988, dear old Des Williams turned up with a pot of tea and walked down the line pouring cups to keep us going - an absolute gent and as important to our history as people like Beryl Fudge etc ...

Get thee down Broadmead before you fly from Lulsgate!

19 hours ago, TheBigFatWurzel said:

IN MY OPINION THE ATYEO WAS OUR KOP END BEFORE THE CLUB DECIDED TO GIVE IT TO THE AWAY FANS. NOW BEING THE SMALLER STAND WITH THE OLD STYLE ROOF, THE NOISE CARRIES AROUND THE OTHER STANDS AND MAKES THE AWAY NOISE DROWN OUT OUR POXY SINGING SECTION. I THINK GIVE THE AWAY FANS THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF ONE END OF THE WILLIAMS STAND. DIVIDING THE AWAY FANS INTO TWO TIERS ESPECIALLY FOR THE LARGER AWAY ALLOCATIONS. WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO GET THE ATMOSPHERE BACK DOWN THE GATE, EVERY HOME GAME IS A JOKE, IT'S LIKE BEING AT THE CRICKET ? 

THE IDEA OF A HOME ADVANTAGE IS FEELING THE SUPPORT OF YOUR HOME FANS BUT CITY HAVE LOST TOUCH WITH THE FANS. 

MAYBE THE CLUB COULD TRIAL IT ON SOME CUP FIXTURES BEFORE NEXT SEASON. 

WHO AGREES WITH A CHANGE??? 

YOURS TRULY

THE BIG FAT WURZEL

XXXX

AF1QipP8G1ENQNlRd3sqyf9rhQkYtQjIE7X6cY5G

Unless they updated the Atyeo stand after having been in the South or Lansdown it would feel really dated though I get where you are coming from as far as atmosphere goes.

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ah yes - look at the unlimited success & glory days of those years where we had the Atyeo as the home end...!

Now maybe this is a bit of an out of the box suggestion... but maybe people could just sing wherever they currently sit..?!

Don’t be so stupid ? , how dare you use logic and common sense on this forum,

think our lack of or allegedly lack of ( if the team are performing it’s decent ) atmosphere over recent years is more to do with our home form and performances as anything else , fans myself included turning up with a bit of trepidation and apprehension, 

swansea couple of years ago 2-0 win superb atmosphere- same ground and away fans in the Atyeo 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

West Brom fans have hardly made a sound, despite big numbers in the Atyeo.....

Are the acoustics in that stand rubbish...... or is it because they aren't making any noise..?!

It’s all about how well your team are playing ( usually ) West Brom been poor hence no noise , if they go in front = more noise , 

same applies to city , we have so much shite over the past 3-4 years at home the atmosphere has been generally poor 

not rocket science 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, redkev said:

It’s all about how well your team are playing ( usually ) West Brom been poor hence no noise , if they go in front = more noise , 

same applies to city , we have so much shite over the past 3-4 years at home the atmosphere has been generally poor 

not rocket science 

Nail on head 

1 hour ago, redkev said:

not rocket science 

Exactly - nothing to do with what fans are in what stands.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

West Brom fans have hardly made a sound, despite big numbers in the Atyeo.....

Are the acoustics in that stand rubbish...... or is it because they aren't making any noise..?!

West Brom were very loud first half for 20 minutes. City were very quiet, the singing section were trying but lots of poor song choices. City better 2nd half, trying to get behind the team but outsung for large parts.

4 minutes ago, red84 said:

West Brom were very loud first half for 20 minutes. City were very quiet, the singing section were trying but lots of poor song choices. City better 2nd half, trying to get behind the team but outsung for large parts.

Sick to the back teeth of saying this but 9 times out of 10 away fans nearly always out sing the home fans , unless the home team are 2 or 3 goals up , it’s just how it is . 
us at Millwall & Swansea done exactly the same 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, redkev said:

Sick to the back teeth of saying this but 9 times out of 10 away fans nearly always out sing the home fans , unless the home team are 2 or 3 goals up , it’s just how it is . 

This is fair but I still think a bigger 'Safe Standing' section may help, however yes in the era of all-seaters I tend to agree.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, red84 said:

From the singing section, I personally only heard West Brom twice, i know it depends where you are sat in the ground. 

32 minutes ago, redkev said:

Kev, you got a massive point there but it doesn’t help where people moan for example like above with “poor song choices” without them doing anything to help the atmosphere.

It’s almost like 95%+ of the crowd wants the atmosphere to be created by someone else, it’s never going to be decent. 

7 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Kev, you got a massive point there but it doesn’t help where people moan for example like above with “poor song choices” without them doing anything to help the atmosphere.

It’s almost like 95%+ of the crowd wants the atmosphere to be created by someone else, it’s never going to be decent. 

You will usually find good performances ( which have been limited at the gate the last few years ) will create there own atmosphere , I honestly think things will improve this year ( slowly ) 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

From the singing section, I personally only heard West Brom twice, i know it depends where you are sat in the ground. 

I get that, never a lack of effort from the singing section and when you're in it, it seems loud. I was E30 dolman, by halfway but closer to singing section. West Brom as you'd expect with a big away following was very loud. A general lack of joining in from dolman and South stand first half didn't help.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There was one point today where the south stand started to sing something only for the signing section to sing something else. ??‍♂️

The problem is Fev, and standing in the singing section myself, you don’t hear anything else, most certainty not another song being sung by the SS.

That is great to see though, hopefully people keep it up.

For West Brom, it clearly shows it depends where you sit, I wouldn’t had said they were loud at all and only heard them twice but the gentlemen above thought they were very loud. 

31 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Let’s be honest, the Atyeo was absolutely shite as a home end.  Why? Because it was reserved seating, and also the cheapest section. 

If I had a bat signal, bring back the YSC.  

Reserved and all seater but blocks E and H I think it was were alright but looking back historically it does seem strange that the East End, the traditional home end, was not the home end albeit obviously with the adjustments post 1994. The acoustics were superior for one- low roof etc.

Would be like Liverpool hanging the Kop, yes all seater sure, Chelsea the Shed, Aston Villa the Holte. I wonder which other clubs did this. Where exactly were away fans prior to the all-seater rules kicking in, Atyeo end?

31 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

We only have a limited number of supporters that look to proactively create an atmosphere. Where they sit/stand is largely irrelevant. 
If/when more fans get on their feet at start singing, the atmosphere can be electric - regardless where they are stood.

It's chicken and egg though in this day and age in all seated grounds- you need a better placed and larger section that facilitates and encourages this.

Generally if not in the "Singing Section" if up the top two or 2 you are expected to be seated. If you are seated you are less likely to sing and chant consistently etc..maybe a bigger section would see it spread better.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

57 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Reserved and all seater but blocks E and H I think it was were alright but looking back historically it does seem strange that the East End, the traditional home end, was not the home end albeit obviously with the adjustments post 1994. The acoustics were superior for one- low roof etc.

Would be like Liverpool hanging the Kop, yes all seater sure, Chelsea the Shed, Aston Villa the Holte. I wonder which other clubs did this. Where exactly were away fans prior to the all-seater rules kicking in, Atyeo end?

Dude, it was terrible - and I say that as someone who had a season ticket in amongst in E. 

When the East End was opened again, after many years of trying, it was an unforgettable couple of years. Night and day difference between the Atyeo and the EE.  Admittedly it petered out - would love to get the core back together for another season, though I think everyone has moved on. 

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Dude, it was terrible - and I say that as someone who had a season ticket in amongst in E. 

When the East End was opened again, after many years of trying, it was an unforgettable couple of years. Night and day difference between the Atyeo and the EE.  Admittedly it petered out - would love to get the core back together for another season, though I think everyone has moved on. 

Oh absolutely the East End was better that I can't deny. I went in there once in overspill in 2008 after my season ticket days had lapsed and had a great time but the Atyeo could generate some noise. Big games etc. Had a season ticket in there for a decade or so, but yes as an all-seater stand...

Interested as to the reasoning behind Atyeo as the new "End" in 1994, as I say other clubs giving up a chunk of their spiritual home at the same ground it seems odd.

11 hours ago, T R said:

What happened to the promises from the club when we were to return to the old east end? Which is that the south stand would have standing along the back or front and the fans decided that the back would be the best option. I think the club agreed to this but they have done nothing.

Also we're 1 and a half thousand fans down from the old east end and those fans have either gone to other stands or given up entirely. This club seems to give us false hope. The south stand is supposed to be our home end and always should be but I just feel like the club can't be bothered and are making Ashton gate a home game for the away teams which is making me extremely angry about it. Ashton gate should be a fortress for the loyal supporters.

Surely not. ?

The ATYEO was tatty when it was built. I can remember guys at a meeting telling me it would be better than the EE for home supporters. Bloody rubbish.  I like the idea of the home end being an end just not that one until it’s three times as big. In the meantime I would be for moving it behind the goal at the other end.