IGNORED

GIVE US THE ATYEO BACK!!!

TheBigFatWurzel

IN MY OPINION THE ATYEO WAS OUR KOP END BEFORE THE CLUB DECIDED TO GIVE IT TO THE AWAY FANS. NOW BEING THE SMALLER STAND WITH THE OLD STYLE ROOF, THE NOISE CARRIES AROUND THE OTHER STANDS AND MAKES THE AWAY NOISE DROWN OUT OUR POXY SINGING SECTION. I THINK GIVE THE AWAY FANS THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF ONE END OF THE WILLIAMS STAND. DIVIDING THE AWAY FANS INTO TWO TIERS ESPECIALLY FOR THE LARGER AWAY ALLOCATIONS. WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO GET THE ATMOSPHERE BACK DOWN THE GATE, EVERY HOME GAME IS A JOKE, IT'S LIKE BEING AT THE CRICKET ? 

THE IDEA OF A HOME ADVANTAGE IS FEELING THE SUPPORT OF YOUR HOME FANS BUT CITY HAVE LOST TOUCH WITH THE FANS. 

MAYBE THE CLUB COULD TRIAL IT ON SOME CUP FIXTURES BEFORE NEXT SEASON. 

WHO AGREES WITH A CHANGE??? 

YOURS TRULY

THE BIG FAT WURZEL

XXXX

AF1QipP8G1ENQNlRd3sqyf9rhQkYtQjIE7X6cY5G

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1
  • Facepalm 16

32 minutes ago, TheBigFatWurzel said:

IN MY OPINION THE ATYEO WAS OUR KOP END BEFORE THE CLUB DECIDED TO GIVE IT TO THE AWAY FANS. NOW BEING THE SMALLER STAND WITH THE OLD STYLE ROOF, THE NOISE CARRIES AROUND THE OTHER STANDS AND MAKES THE AWAY NOISE DROWN OUT OUR POXY SINGING SECTION. I THINK GIVE THE AWAY FANS THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF ONE END OF THE WILLIAMS STAND. DIVIDING THE AWAY FANS INTO TWO TIERS ESPECIALLY FOR THE LARGER AWAY ALLOCATIONS. WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO GET THE ATMOSPHERE BACK DOWN THE GATE, EVERY HOME GAME IS A JOKE, IT'S LIKE BEING AT THE CRICKET ? 

THE IDEA OF A HOME ADVANTAGE IS FEELING THE SUPPORT OF YOUR HOME FANS BUT CITY HAVE LOST TOUCH WITH THE FANS. 

YOURS TRULY

THE BIG FAT WURZEL

XXXX

Left your Caps Lock on mate....

• Haha 2

Okay let's go with some logistics @TheBigFatWurzel

I don't think the acoustics are so brilliant in real terms but the best in the redeveloped ground yes.

I'm not totally against it but Cup figures are a challenge as FA rules for FA Cup games mandate 15 pct of capacity.

Could be trialled in some League games but would need clearance with SAG I assume, Licensing Authority etc. Is this possible mid-sesson?

In your view is the stand split or solely for home? Where do the 2k minimum (15 pct of capacity for away fans go).

Your ideal stand behind goal would have safe Standing presumably. This needs to be applied for and granted via Licensing, up to 16 criteria.

That's just for a start.

Key questions are therefore:

*Cost

*Feasibility

*Time frame

*Full approval and licensing from regulatory bodies.

To recap on the regs bit- for away fans:

*2k minimum or 10 pct allocation, whichever the lesser for EFL.

*15 pct capacity FA Cup.

*3k minimum or 10 pct capacity PL- whichever is less basically.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 3

The safety authority, I cant remember exact title, are probably to bear most of the blame because of the segregation at football league matches.

The Atyeo stand does not "belong to" the under seating concourse of the other three stands and is therefore the top candidate for easy segregation.

So whatever we, the fans, want, it will be turned down because of the safety authority.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Think it would be better if they split it down the middle. You’d get a better atmosphere then. Don’t know how that works with away fan allocation mind! Also, we’d probably have to build a new toilet block.

We build a new toilet block after every visit by Swansea City morons!

• Haha 1

I always find it funny that when home fans were in the Atyeo it apparently had awful acoustics, but now the away fans are there, it's suddenly the best stand for acoustics.

2 minutes ago, City37 said:

The same Atyeo stand that the majority on here used to say was crap for atmosphere...  crap roof .....crap acoustics.

Ah beat me to it.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The acoustics thing is so overstated. Were the acoustics a problem when Korey’s winner hit the net?

Having the singing section in the corner between the two most vocal stands is perfectly adequate to make large amounts of noise. The corner should even give a megaphone effect, compared to being in the middle of a stand with open sides, if we ARE going to obsess about acoustics. The main reason the atmosphere is so flat is because we’ve had very few games that have really mattered since the stadium was redeveloped. Generally we’ve played fairly inconsequential mid table games. We haven’t had a play off game, a must-win relegation decider or a Bristol derby. We’ve had little to get excited about. And on the odd occasion when we have, the atmosphere has been excellent.

Putting fans in the Atyeo will just disperse our vocal support over a wider area.

Also, we’re kidding ourselves if we think the Atyeo was “our kop”. That’s a bit of an embarrassing comparison frankly. It wasn’t even our traditional home end.

We need to stop pretending the only reason Ashton Gate isn’t like the Istanbul derby every week is because of the acoustics or the layout of the ground. It’s a nonsense.

Spot on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheBigFatWurzel said:

YOURS TRULY

THE BIG FAT WURZEL

XXXX

Just wondering where abouts in the ground you sit and how much noise you make during the game. A bit off referring to the singing section as 'poxy.'

Fwiw I sit roughly in the middle of the South Stand and sing along with every song.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Superjack said:

The obvious question is how you segregate the fans in the concourses. 

That's why the opposition have the Atyeo. Separate concourse.

This is the problem that @TheBigFatWurzel conveniently ignores. Splitting the Lansdown (not the Williams) stand would involve a major rebuild to ensure segregation in the upper and lower concourses. It’s not going to happen. These crazy ideas crop up on a regular basis. Perhaps we could have an “oh no not again” emoji. In fairness to the OP he/she only joined in August  so hasn’t  seen the dozens of similar threads on this subject. We’ve got a separate transfer section so why not have a separate one for Ashton Gate rebuilds? (and send the suggestions direct to SL so that he can splash a few more millions) 

• Like 1