IGNORED

Only 4 minutes added on?

A Horse With No Name

Just now, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

After the women's WC I thought refs were going to add on extra time for pretty much anything resulting in 8,9,10 minutes extra. Today we had 9 second half subs, at least 2 injuries where the physio came on and we had 4 minutes added on.

Yes I agree, seems strange that it wasn't closer to double that.

1 minute ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

After the women's WC I thought refs were going to add on extra time for pretty much anything resulting in 8,9,10 minutes extra. Today we had 9 second half subs, at least 2 injuries where the physio came on and we had 4 minutes added on.

Good job were'n't it, I thought we were hanging on ?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Every season a 'clampdown' on something is announced and soon abandoned. Remember the clampdown on simulation and the one on holding at set pieces? Because the officials soon forgot and went back to their old ways.

• Like 3

To be fair I thought the ref let the game flow very well today not very many unnecessary stoppages, made the whole match more enjoyable to watch so was not surprised when only 4 went up as really didn't feel like the game had been stopped that long, one of the better refs we seen down the gate 

• Like 5

I think outside of the subs, the ball was in play a lot. As an example the incident early in the second half where we got two advantages in a row from (I think) fouls on James then Pring that could (certainly for the latter) have been yellows, the game continued with no stoppages for about five minutes. The ref let the game flow a lot and didn’t pull up minor infringements - That really helped the game flow. The overall stoppage number didn’t shock me and was reflective of a pretty good referee performance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Every season a 'clampdown' on something is announced and soon abandoned. Remember the clampdown on simulation and the one on holding at set pieces? Because the officials soon forgot and went back to their old ways.

Bang on the money,who forgets the players in refs face’s which produced a few cards years ago and was forgotten 

Just now, Super said:

Good. Nobody wants to see 12-13 mins added time.

Isn’t that getting your moneys worth tho 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think outside of the subs, the ball was in play a lot. As an example the incident early in the second half where we got two advantages in a row from (I think) fouls on James then Pring that could (certainly for the latter) have been yellows, the game continued with no stoppages for about five minutes. The ref let the game flow a lot and didn’t pull up minor infringements - That really helped the game flow. The overall stoppage number didn’t shock me and was reflective of a pretty good referee performance.

Fully agree with this. We didn't actually kick off until about 3.02 as the Lisa Fillingham tribute (which was beautifully done) started late then over ran. I thought the ref only added 2 mins to not let the game run too late. But yes he let a lot of tackles go and didn't stop the game unneccessarily.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, but I don’t really think there was any time wasting today…looks like players have got the right balance…fingers crossed.

They’re not that sort of team anyway.

Reason most games against them are entertaining & relatively easy to referee.

• Like 2

The standard of the referee and linesmen is generally clueless and inept. Why should we expect the time keeping official to have any idea and be better ?

I must add thought the officials today where better than the normal dross. Other than the time keeping  one 

Edited by Rocking Red Cyril

10 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

The standard of the referee and linesmen is generally clueless and inept. Why should we expect the time keeping official to have any idea and be better ?

I must add thought the officials today where better than the normal dross. Other than the time keeping  one 

How much bloody time did you think should be added?

Just keep going till we score?

Ref was excellent and hardly any stoppages during the game

• Like 1