IGNORED

3.5.2 at home, why not?

Shauntaylor85

I would really like us to mix it up a bit. No doubt we are solid these days overall but we need to find a way to break teams down at AG. I think we would still have ability to keep clean sheets with 3.5.2 but it will make us more potent. Sykes and Pring as wing backs, Kal, Dickie and Zak as a three, or even Kal in mid and Roberts LCB. Weimann in the ACM when fit or TGH in preferred mid role. Then two strikers. Think it would work better 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

In your opinion Dave, where was Roberts playing when he came on today? I thought he played in about 3 different positions, he seemed to move somewhere else with each subsequent substitution.

Yes I noticed this too. With each substitution we made there seemed to be a formation change with each . Surely that is not good for any sort of team rhythm .

Although I felt we where losing our rhythm and the substitutions helped to side more live and purpose.

But what would I  know I just support the team ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

In your opinion Dave, where was Roberts playing when he came on today? I thought he played in about 3 different positions, he seemed to move somewhere else with each subsequent substitution.

Came on at LCB3 as we went 343, then switched to LCM with Jamo and Joe when Dickie came on and we went 352.

Heres the 352 as West Brom take a late free-kick.

IMG_2031.jpeg

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Came on at LCB3 as we went 343, then switched to LCM with Jamo and Joe when Dickie came on and we went 352.

Heres the 352 as West Brom take a late free-kick.

IMG_2031.jpeg

I find it difficult to notice formation changes late on in games. I just go into tunnel vision mode and follow the ball around.

I must admit, I didn't notice all those red markings on the pitch either. Probably my red/green colour-blindness kicking in.

• Flames 1

59 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I find it difficult to notice formation changes late on in games. I just go into tunnel vision mode and follow the ball around.

I must admit, I didn't notice all those red markings on the pitch either. Probably my red/green colour-blindness kicking in.

It’s why I take pics during the game, sometimes from things I spot, sometimes in case it’s easier to see post-game.

I was chatting to @Harry last night re the change first half to second half to see if he spotted anything tactical.  Neither of us picked anything up per se, other than they came out full of intent and got a bit of a head of steam up.

I don’t think this is analysis btw but they definitely got more balls into Thomas-Assante’s feet who was dropping into space.  And I don’t think either Vyner or Naismith covered themselves in glory as neither got tight. That allowed T-A to spin and start feeding Furlong and Phillips out wide.  Furlong much higher second half.  He basically ignored Bell and played higher, leaving Pring in a bit of a quandary, as Jed Wallace started to play a bit narrower.  First half Vyner got tight, on one occasion made a great sliding tackle on the halfway line. Maybe that chance T-A had that Vyner got back for, made him wary of going tight?  Maja definitively caused probs too.

Ultimately I think West Brom executed their game plan better second half, and we didn’t.

Defintely work for Vyner and Naismith to do as a pairing, but also Bell too, who left Pring alone too often second half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It’s why I take pics during the game, sometimes from things I spot, sometimes in case it’s easier to see post-game.

I was chatting to @Harry last night re the change first half to second half to see if he spotted anything tactical.  Neither of us picked anything up per se, other than they came out full of intent and got a bit of a head of steam up.

I don’t think this is analysis btw but they definitely got more balls into Thomas-Assante’s feet who was dropping into space.  And I don’t think either Vyner or Naismith covered themselves in glory as neither got tight. That allowed T-A to spin and start feeding Furlong and Phillips out wide.  Furlong much higher second half.  He basically ignored Bell and played higher, leaving Pring in a bit of a quandary, as Jed Wallace started to play a bit narrower.  First half Vyner got tight, on one occasion made a great sliding tackle on the halfway line. Maybe that chance T-A had that Vyner got back for, made him wary of going tight?  Maja definitively caused probs too.

Ultimately I think West Brom executed their game plan better second half, and we didn’t.

Defintely work for Vyner and Naismith to do as a pairing, but also Bell too, who left Pring alone too often second half.

I think Vyner may have been put off getting tight because T-A spun off him too easily twice in the first half. To be honest I thought T-A was poor and his distribution was so bad we were better off letting him have the ball in front of our defenders.