IGNORED

Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)

Selred

16 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Gosh and he'd only just managed to settle his feet under the desk. 

Normal practice would be to keep the CEO in position until the sale completes, then change it.

In my experience normal practice, if a sale is pending, is to get a CEO in to make that sale happen, so maybe no sale pending imminently or the situ has changed since PA came in and PA is now not the CEO with the right experience to facilitate the sale?

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

At what point was Gould sh1t exactly. As far as I can see none.

Jon Lansdown has frequently been lacking, less said about Mark Ashton the better and NP being classed as such shows a major lack of understanding of the situation we had for some time.

In respect of Lansdown senior, not so bad at times, poor indeed in others. Cornick okay but could he better for sure.

Your post seems more than a tad reductionist really. 

For the purposes of the comedic post he was ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I believe the planning for the next window happens right about now? 

I also believe Dave that most of the groundwork on transfers happens outside of the window. Once we've identified our targets we'll begin talks with their agents/clubs. 

Planning begins but we certainly can’t talk to other clubs or agents, in an official capacity.

Seeing as we have repeatedly been told of late we are at the top of our budget this seems irrelevant unless the ownership changes by then, which I would doubt.

8 hours ago, Scrumpty said:

Looking through OTIB, I conclude…

• Ashton was sh1t
  • Gould was sh1t
  • Alexander was sh1t
  • Pearson was sh1t, but might not be quite as sh1t as he once was
  • Jon Lansdown is sh1t
  • Steve Lansdown is sh1t
  • Harry Cornick is sh1t

Duck me, what a bunch of belters! Thank god OTIB followers aren’t representative of most City fans!

Gould and Pearson definitely not shit according to the OTIB.

Alexander was shit until last night when he made clear he is Team Pearson 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

When SL came out and said that he got involved in the Scott deal because of the amount of money involved, alarm bells rang for me. 

The guy would have been involved in big deals at Palace...so something felt ' off' when SL said what he did. 

SL ego got him involved with the Scott deal. Especially with the Guernsey link. IMO. Only time we’ve heard from him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Redland said:

It’s 13 years since Steve Coppell parted company with the club after just one game as manager and we still haven’t been told why he left. I’m not holding my breath waiting for an explanation from the club as to why PA has departed.

Wasn’t it allegedly something to do with a clash with the owner of transfers? Where have we heard that before. 

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

SL ego got him involved with the Scott deal. Especially with the Guernsey link. IMO. Only time we’ve heard from him 

The boss taking the glory it appears whilst the CEO did the hard work. Hmmmm. Who knows what really happened. 

• The title was changed to Phil Alexander Gone (Confirmed)
6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He was NOT involved in big deals when at Palace.

Read this reply to my post on their forum when he joined: https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=181641 

I can't see in the reply that he wasn't involved in finance.

The response said he wasn't involved in player recruitment. 

CEOs are involved in financial issues...which would involve transfers. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

Why are you hear then?  Ever looked at social media and see the stuff posted elsewhere

But oh no, it's ALWAYS otib that gets battered isn't it

Thank **** I'm heading out of here soon. 

It's a bit odd, isn't it? Really that post is just a different flavour of negativity. Plus it isn't as if you hold us captive here, it's remarkably easy to leave if they don't like it.

A reminder that 'BRISTOL CITY TILL I DIE' is for those that find this place too highbrow - imagine that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two things stand out for me:

1) if you appoint someone senior and they leave inside 12 months then it’s on the employer, simple. You didn’t get the right person. Ideally someone at the club with some humility would own that and explain but that’s doubtful

2) if you are say, a billionaire chairman, and appoint a C suite to lead the company, your role becomes a figurehead.  Cutting ribbons, nice interviews, community work, aspirational stuff. You wouldn’t and shouldn’t be a day to day person, that’s what you employ people to do. If you find yourself getting “hands on” perhaps in fact you are still to some extent an active C suite member yourself in all but title, which is far from ideal, and leads to a lack of clarity in the business itself. 

neither of these points are specific to our club, but resonate to me. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Do you know what?  I actually don’t want to hear from SL.  I’m not really interested in what he has to say these days.

Pretty much every time I hear him speak, he goes lower and lower in my estimation.

There. Said it! ???

Think you are being harsh on SL there. Whilst I too think we need a change and he needs to sell, we cannot forget the incredible vision with the stadium and HPC. Though I do agree, when it comes to footballing decisions it leaves a lot to be desired! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Think you are being harsh on SL there. Whilst I too think we need a change and he needs to sell, we cannot forget the incredible vision with the stadium and HPC. Though I do agree, when it comes to footballing decisions it leaves a lot to be desired! 

Is providing a stadium and a training ground, in todays age for a championship club incredible Vision?

Our ground for example is near enough a copy of pride park that was put in 1997, 

If anything we were massively massively behind with the ground and training complex for a long long time. 

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, spudski said:

When SL came out and said that he got involved in the Scott deal because of the amount of money involved, alarm bells rang for me. 

The guy would have been involved in big deals at Palace...so something felt ' off' when SL said what he did. 

I thought that as well.  It's an unusual departure, but I feel in my bones that at its heart it's because the Bristol City "vision" Alexander was sold when he came here didn't match the reality of the job. Probably he was allowed less independence and creativity than he thought he'd have, so a clash occurred and it was "agreed" he'd leave.

Of course, we may never know the actual reason.  I no longer know anyone who works or plays for the club, so I'm as in the dark as 99% of this forum. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's odd, as PA messaging was basically that he worked on the deal, but he didn't really mention completing it.

Id speculate whether SL got involved, PA got annoyed - had planned out reinvestiture, but was overriden. Hence stepping down due to disagreements at the board level.

It's all very very strange.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I thought that as well.  It's an unusual departure, but I feel in my bones that at its heart it's because the Bristol City "vision" Alexander was sold when he came here didn't match the reality of the job. Probably he was allowed less independence and creativity than he thought he'd have, so a clash occurred and it was "agreed" he'd leave.

Of course, we may never know the actual reason.  I no longer know anyone who works or plays for the club, so I'm as in the dark as 99% of this forum. 

Another thing that crossed my mind, considering Alexander's financial dealings in the past, as to whether he was brought in not just to oversee the financial side of running the club...but also to help oversee/ negotiate any possible takeover. 

We know SL wants an investor...

Edited by spudski
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Another thing that crossed my mind, considering Alexander's financial dealings in the past, as to whether he was brought in not just to oversee the financial side of running the club...but also to help oversee/ negotiate any possible takeover. 

If you put all the recent goings ons together then it does look like a takeover could be imminent. However the total lack of any rumours doesn't make me think there could be. However these things are of course subject to confidentiality. 

New owners often bring in their own people. So that could make sense, especially as the club didn't include "we will now begin a vigorous recruitment process" in the statement.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

That may be so, but as a takeover doesn't appear to be imminent, according to those that know, that provides no reason for his departure.

I suppose - *maximum conjecture mode engaged* - it's vaguely possible that Lansdown thinks Alexander bollocksed up negotiations with one prospective purchaser/investor and wanted him out because of that. 

14 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I mean…that's a bit petty, isn't it

I am currently reading Jonathan Wilson's Brian Clough biography, and if you think that pettiness is beyond people that run football clubs, manage football clubs or have a lot of money, you are very much mistaken (I don't think you are, AMax). Au contraire.

Not that I am saying anything about this particular development at AG. Only that all human foibles and many flaws can be found amongst the great, the good and the Guernsey in football. 

Truly, football clubs, at times, are like the fowl on the water: serene above ("all under control, nothing to see here"), thrashing about wildly underneath  ("wtf is going on!")

• Like 4

All very bizarre. 

Just don’t understand what’s going on. That ‘dead bat’ interview of Radio Bristol, an ultra-low profile, the parting statement referencing solely Nige and Brian - it’s all very suspect. 

Think with the Lansdown’s you have to tread a very delicate path. Gould got it just right. Ashton played a blinder and treated them like royalty - but just for his own interests. Alexander, I suspect, was too strong-willed. 

Quite where this leaves Nige I’ve no idea. If the Lansdown’s wanted him out, they had the opportunity after that West Brom match around Xmas. They stood by him though. If Nige wanted out he could just walk. 

Let’s just hope there is a plan and that Nige and Brian are signed to it.  Need some clarity soon before the Club becomes unsettled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1