IGNORED

Clean Air Zone

TheGreenArmy

Argyle fan in peace asking for advice please.

Travelling to the game Tuesday I'll be coming along the A369 onto the A3029 and vice versa for the journey home and I wanted to know if I'll be avoiding the charging zones. Checking the government website it seems I'll be avoiding it but only just but can anyone please confirm? 

Much appreciated. 

15 minutes ago, TheGreenArmy said:

Travelling to the game Tuesday I'll be coming along the A369 onto the A3029 and vice versa for the journey home and I wanted to know if I'll be avoiding the charging zones. Checking the government website it seems I'll be avoiding it but only just but can anyone please confirm? 

Much appreciated. 

Just need to be careful as it starts on the Cumberland system. You are ok if you go straight underneath from Clanage Road (A369) underneath to Winterstoke Road (A3029).

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/residents/streets-travel/bristols-caz/view-a-map

• Hmmm 1

27 minutes ago, TheGreenArmy said:

Much appreciated. 

So pleased you said 'in peace', I automatically assumed you were here for supporter genocide and possibly a chemical attack....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, TheGreenArmy said:

Much appreciated. 

You could try using the Portway park n ride? Park up there and get the bus in?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/ashton-gate/getting-here/

12 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

When all is said and done and worst case happens, it's £9 so when you tot up the cost of an away day, its not a huge amount. I read somewhere about Welsh people saying they will never fly from Bristol again as the journey over incurs the charge. I mean, come on, honestly ?

M4-M49-M5-off at Portbury A369-South Bristol Link-A38.

Easy peasy, Taffs. 

11 hours ago, TheGreenArmy said:

Much appreciated. 

There is a nav app you can use to navigate around Caz zones - WAZE 

Used it a few times successfully.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

As someone who works near ground and drives an older Euro 5 diesel its a bit of a faff.  You will be fine driving down to J19 M5 and then as long as you go onto A3029 onto winterstoke road you are fine.  *However* the issue is if you turn into Marsh/Ashton Road and towards North Street you can only avoid it by getting back onto the A3029.  Do *not* go back up onto Coronation Road and then onto the A370 as it will ping you for 150 yards of being in the CAZ.  It has purposely been done to try and catch football/rugby supporters exiting that way.    The trouble you have on match day is Marsh Road/Ashton Road is closed after game so you will need to navigate through the back streets to get back onto A3029 - I would suggest Duckmoor Road and then Smyth Road. There are a few ways you can do it thou. 

Crikey! As someone who drives to away games, if I had to follow instructions like that I’d almost certainly end up lost…and driving into the CAZ ???

Best bet ( for me) is to come off at j 19 or 20, head for the  bedminster cricket club or to Long Ashton to park; bit of a walk but no danger of going near the zone with either. 

1 hour ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Yes but their argument is that the airport is signposted on the M4 as coming up the Portway, with no signage saying the charge will be incurred until half just before Bridge Valley. 

Aye but no one has to follow signposted routes. SatNavs can be programmed to avoid toll incurring roads.

Personally, I've never liked driving on the Portway and will always seek alternatives. Nothing to do with CAZ, I don't pay the charge. 

On 18/09/2023 at 10:09, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

When all is said and done and worst case happens, it's £9 so when you tot up the cost of an away day, its not a huge amount. I read somewhere about Welsh people saying they will never fly from Bristol again as the journey over incurs the charge. I mean, come on, honestly ?

Certainly beats having to drive at 20 mph everywhere