IGNORED

The truth about Millwall fans

northsomersetred

Enjoy?

Meet the Millwall fans in this picture. Because I know you want to know who they are. Allow me to introduce you. ??Image
Colin, 52. Started going to Millwall a few years ago as part of a midlife crisis. Doesn't know what he fears most between His wife and privately-educated kids finding out he goes Millwall or his fellow fans finding out he runs a vegan cafe and bookshop and votes Green Party.Image
Big Den, 51. Cheeky chappie London cab driver. Heart of gold, do anything for anyone, never pushes in the Kings Cross rank because it's against the code. Thinks the channel migrants should be rounded up and gassed.Image
Carl 37. Once pushed an away fan outside the tube station before ducking behind his mate. Still spins it down the boozer that he wrote off half of Charlton's mob forgetting that everyone he's telling the story to was there and saw it all. Hasn't had a real punch up since year 7Image
Pete 52. Quietly fancies himself the top lad. Jokes that his best days are behind him. Shadow boxes in the mirror before setting off to the game. Thickens his cockney accent at weekends to hide the fact that he's a deputy headteacher at a prep school. Divorced.Image
Maurice 57. Mysterious and vaguely threatening quiet man. Rumours among the lads that he's an armed blagger who was best mates with the Krays and did 30 years in Belmarsh. He allows them to think this.

Only conviction was for non payment of TV Licence Lives with his elderly mum.Image
Ronnie, 58. He actually tells people he was an armed blagger and did 30 years in Belmarsh and was best mates with Reggie Kray.

Train cleaner at a TFL depot. Suspended sentence for voyeurism.Image
Derek 61. Retired plumber. Fancies himself a man of the world. Has a story from every country you've been to. Books him and the wife into the same self-catering apartment in Benidorm EVERY year.. Sings"Dirty Old Town" on karaoke every chance he gets.Image
Edited by northsomersetred
  • Facepalm 3

10 minutes ago, Jose said:

I don’t get the hate Millwall fans seems to get. Yes you get the odd idiot like you do at any club but the atmosphere in stadiums are getting worse and worse so give me a game with a little edge over what we and most clubs experience every week. 

It isn't "hate", the OP summed it up well.

Most football clubs have fans who live, or lived, local to the club or have a family connection.

Then you have the successful clubs who attract fans with no connection to the club but support it because it wins things, like supporting a successful Formula 1 franchise. 

Then you have Millwall with its popular reputation as the club with the nastiest, hardest, most violent fans in Britain. (Note - "popular reputation", I'm not trying to start a pissing contest here.)

As such it attracts the "walk on the wild side" types who want to be associated with such despite their biggest transgression ever being stealing some Pick and Mix from Woolworths aged eight.

The "deputy head at a prep school" example nails the type well.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Watch the bloke in the kids tracksuit on his trampoline. Not good gestures from the Millwall fans especially the little shit at the front. Watched this a few times some strange goings on

Nowt as queer as folk so the saying goes. I suspect this scene is played out up and down the country.

• Like 1

Football grounds are full of middle aged blokes shouting 'come on then' from a distance of 100 yards behind several lines of police, I don't think Millwall are any different in that respect.

My cousins on my mum's side are pretty much evenly split between Palace and Millwall and with the exception of one of the Millwall (I was with him in the open end at Ashton mid80s? where it went absolutely mental ) most of them are just your normal everyday blokes who like football and follow their local team. They definitely do attract a 'type' though, I've been to Millwall games with cousins and ended up talking to several  'geezers' with strong mockney accents who turn out to be from Slough, Hertfordshire, Basingstoke and the like.

They aren't the only ones Rangers, Chelsea and West Ham do and on the other side of the coin I've bumped into a few weapons at Celtic over the years.

If you think about it logically, Andrew Tate must get his followers from somewhere :)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Football grounds are full of middle aged blokes shouting 'come on then' from a distance of 100 yards behind several lines of police, I don't think Millwall are any different in that respect.

My cousins on my mum's side are pretty much evenly split between Palace and Millwall and with the exception of one of the Millwall (I was with him in the open end at Ashton mid80s? where it went absolutely mental ) most of them are just your normal everyday blokes who like football and follow their local team. They definitely do attract a 'type' though, I've been to Millwall games with cousins and ended up talking to several  'geezers' with strong mockney accents who turn out to be from Slough, Hertfordshire, Basingstoke and the like.

They aren't the only ones Rangers, Chelsea and West Ham do and on the other side of the coin I've bumped into a few weapons at Celtic over the years.

If you think about it logically, Andrew Tate must get his followers from somewhere :)

Middlesbrough native, now living in rural Dorset, Rod Liddle, for example.

They are a victim of their previous rep, in getting these sort of football-violence glory hunters along, but that rep was well deserved.  I remember my dad telling me that it was the only ground he'd visited when working for City, that they got to their seats covered in gob from the Neanderthals on the terraces.

There are still enough nutters and wannabe nutters who follow them for them to be disproportionately involved in unpleasant incidents, given the relatively small size of their fanbase.

Like all clubs, the majority of their supporters are decent men and women. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Middlesbrough native, now living in rural Dorset, Rod Liddle, for example.

They are a victim of their previous rep, in getting these sort of football-violence glory hunters along, but that rep was well deserved.  I remember my dad telling me that it was the only ground he'd visited when working for City, that they got to their seats covered in gob from the Neanderthals on the terraces.

There are still enough nutters and wannabe nutters who follow them for them to be disproportionately involved in unpleasant incidents, given the relatively small size of their fanbase.

Like all clubs, the majority of their supporters are decent men and women. 

I've said it before I think, but Mrs Fudge and a few of the regulars on coach one were telling me what happened the season before my first trip, when the coaches got their windows smashed.

To be fair, I was more intimidated in my earlier years when Milwall made a bonfire in the open end with the seats lobbed from b block (I think).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jose said:

I don’t get the hate Millwall fans seems to get. Yes you get the odd idiot like you do at any club but the atmosphere in stadiums are getting worse and worse so give me a game with a little edge over what we and most clubs experience every week. 

The odd idiot! My first experience of Millwall was 54 years ago. I was six. My old man was warned we are gonna kick your f******* heads in you Bristol C***** walking to the match.

I’d happily watch as their ground was burned down!

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

A few weapons at Celtic. :laugh:. 

In 2008 I was in Barcelona for a European Cup tie. I went into a bar with a chic I got talking too from Hamburg. Longkesh 89 and about ten others in a bar packed to the gunnels with green hoops started on me. At this point they thought I was Catalan. When they realized I was English I got chased up the Main Street until I dived in a taxi while they were quite literally trying to open the car door to get to me. 

Yep the odd weapon!

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

The odd idiot! My first experience of Millwall was 54 years ago. I was six. My old man was warned we are gonna kick your f******* heads in you Bristol C***** walking to the match.

I’d happily watch as their ground was burned down!

54 years ago? Hold a grudge much?! ?

I got to be honest I got a lot of time for wall fans and I wish Ashton gate showed a little more passion at the bigger games ie tonight. The game was a working MANS game years ago and shouting a little at away fans was part of the 90 minutes after a few beers in local boozer NOW full of wannabes holding a mobile phone ffs long live the wall ?

• Hmmm 1