IGNORED

Leeds Away

Red Army 75

The one that best fitted the criteria was IMO the 2017 home game, Leeds under Bielsa very good so more often outplayed. Not the best shape by us tactically for the away gsme  there in 2020 albeit they were Champions for a reason but we didn't necessarily help ourselves.

Games in the early 2010s under Millen and McInnes yes we were not great vs them.

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

What a load of rubbish. The QPR squealing on this has been astonishing.

He even puts his hands up to tell the referee no contact was made. What should he have done, let the studs smash his shin?

Any keeper going at pace like this should be sent off.

7zy9MS.jpg

Edited by SR1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, daored said:

image.thumb.png.4db4c35faf2b6258f7c731af7e412eb5.png

Going back a very long time, in 1954, we signed the Leeds captain Tommy Burden. He had got a job in Clarks Shoes and wanted to play part time near Street. A superb midfielder who captained City in his later career and gave us about eight years of quality before retirement.

So, for me, he has to be in the eleven.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SR1 said:

What a load of rubbish. The QPR squealing on this has been astonishing.

He even puts his hands up to tell the referee no contact was made. What should he have done, let the studs smash his shin?

Any keeper going at pace like this should be sent off.

7zy9MS.jpg

Difficult one. There was no contact but could be a red for being reckless.

Dont see a ban on Bamford at all. He does go down but is up very quickly. I think he is entitled to get out the way and protect himself.  If he goes rolling around clutching his shin then yea, sure.

I think you are giving him the benefit of a lot of doubt however saying he was clearly indicating no contact. Seems to be appealing for a foul, which given the play of the goalie, it arguably was, even with the no contact.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cityexile said:

Difficult one. There was no contact but could be a red for being reckless.

Dont see a ban on Bamford at all. He does go down but is up very quickly. I think he is entitled to get out the way and protect himself.  If he goes rolling around clutching his shin then yea, sure.

I think you are giving him the benefit of a lot of doubt however saying he was clearly indicating no contact. Seems to be appealing for a foul, which given the play of the goalie, it arguably was, even with the no contact.

I gave a penalty once in a very similar situation. Goalkeeper comes charging out studs in the air. The forward had to dive out of the way. 

HT was interesting with a ‘manager’ outside of the dressing room telling me that no foul was committed. It was as the intention was clear. 

No one ever asked me about it subsequently so I guess others agreed. 

• Like 4

On 05/10/2023 at 21:28, 22A said:

Fifty years ago this season, there was of course this game; 

Great memories of that era. Cashley, Sweeney, Drysdale, Gow, Collier, Merrick, Tainton, the big cheese, Tom the sticks Ritchie, Clive Whitehed, Gillies, we were getting 34,000 at some of these cup matches at Ashton Gate.

In the last 3 seasons, I've seen City play 9 times and we've won every time. I don't get to many games any more because I don't have the time, but I have taken the plunge for my business this season, and decided to sponsor a match later in the season, so I can take a few friends to a game later in the season. Well as I have a good client in Leeds, he's treated me to hospitality at Leeds today, and like I said, the last 9 games I've been to, we've won. So 3pts are in the bag lads ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1