IGNORED

Calendar year 2023...1.48 PPG..

spudski

Running total for home games over a season period of 23 home games. 
We are Won 7, Drawn 9, Lost 7.

So basically over the last 23 home games we’ve gained 30 points. Which is 1.3 points per game. 

It’s our home record (as has been the case for many a year now) that really needs some improvement. 

• Like 2

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Will be interesting to see how long Ipswich keep their good form going for.  Certainly split opinion pre season.  The naysayers were saying the squad wasn’t good enough whereas those that thought top 8 seemed to be doing so with the belief that good managers improve players. 

I don’t mind admitting I didn’t think they’d do this well…nor do I think it’s a fluke either.  Not saying they should be top 3, but they are performing top 6-8 for sure.

Some people tend to forget when they’ve got a prediction / opinion wrong.  I never have a problem.

We will of course see where they end up.  Just about to hit a period of condensed fixtures.  They are weekend / midweek all the way up to the break now.

I think 11 games is a good time to benchmark them.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t mind admitting I didn’t think they’d do this well…nor do I think it’s a fluke either.  Not saying they should be top 3, but they are performing top 6-8 for sure.

Some people tend to forget when they’ve got a prediction / opinion wrong.  I never have a problem.

We will of course see where they end up.  Just about to hit a period of condensed fixtures.  They are weekend / midweek all the way up to the break now.

I would certainly say that’s its early days.  Not even guaranteed top half yet. They are one of teams results I look for first each week as I am a firm believer that managers improve players more often than fans talk about or appreciate. “Let’s sign XYZ” doesn’t really make sense as under a different manager and system the player won’t be the same. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I also didn't think they'd be doing as well, but its early days.

PNE also over achieving in my view, I had them down to struggle in the bottom 6. Again, early days.

As you say, a quarter of the season is a good benchmark to see how the table is shaping up.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I also didn't think they'd be doing as well, but its early days.

PNE also over achieving in my view, I had them down to struggle in the bottom 6. Again, early days.

As you say, a quarter of the season is a good benchmark to see how the table is shaping up.

PNE will fade. The numbers don't stack up.

We're... we're doing slightly better than I thought we might. I'll admit that. We've got this odd home/away schizophrenia, but overall we're doing ok. Feels like it's a bit of a knife edge and we could either start tonking teams 2 or 3 nil or are equally likely to continue to struggle to score. I don't know, but we're ok and seemingly deserve our current position.

• Like 2