IGNORED

Cornick's Goal....

handsofclay

19 hours ago, petehinton said:

Well well well

Can’t help but think there’d be a 7 page thread on him by now if he’d had as little influence on the last two games as Wells has had. 

Made up for him. Hold up play was strong again as well. 

NOT A FOOTBALLER!!!!

Strong case that he starts at Leicester in his place.

Nakhi is on a serious goal drought & at 33 three starts within a week is a big ask.

Back to Cornick, fair play to him, still think he can look scruffy at times but he never shortchanges anyone for effort & in recent away games has had a real impact as a sub.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, petehinton said:

Well well well

Can’t help but think there’d be a 7 page thread on him by now if he’d had as little influence on the last two games as Wells has had. 

NOT A FOOTBALLER!!!!

Wells has been brilliant bar his finishing?!

Anyway was a a really good finish. Made it look a lot easier that it was. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, petehinton said:

Well well well

NOT A FOOTBALLER!!!!

Wells occupied both CB last night and won loads in the air against a much bigger player, just because he didn't score doesn't mean he didn't play well. Also his dropping in and linking the play was great

• Like 5

I know he's had a couple of games where he's come on and done pretty well, but last night I thought he did everything really well. Doesn't have Wells speed, but man he's made some great challenges and can be a real pest . Specially as the defence tires and they want that extra second thinking time . Took his goal well too.
I said I hope to be proven wrong about him and with luck that goal will spur him on and he'll do just that.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, redkev said:

What ever people think of him ( splits opinion obviously ) nobody can knock his commitment 

Agree. He is the ultimate team player (listen to his interview too) - must be a Manager’s dream. Really pleased for him and I hope that it is the first of many this season. Ironically given the discussion re his WBA chance, I think the defender got a touch/partial block which helped it go in - about time Cornick had the rub of the green though. 

25 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

Wells occupied both CB last night and won loads in the air against a much bigger player, just because he didn't score doesn't mean he didn't play well. Also his dropping in and linking the play was great

13 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Glad someone else has seen this, I thought wells has been very good in his link up play

He was, don’t get me wrong. Just sayif that’s the difference in lens that some will have for him vs Cornick. Felt like he could have a 10/10 without scoring and still would get battered, ala an 8 page thread about a great goalkeeping save on Saturday!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Glad someone else has seen this, I thought wells has been very good in his link up play

Yep, been excellent in our last 3-4 games.  Last night he didn’t even get a chance / shot, everything fell to everyone else.  I guess the ball coming back off the post on Saturday sums up his luck in front of goal.

Needs one to go off his arse.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, petehinton said:

Well well well

NOT A FOOTBALLER!!!!

Sorry but I can't see the logic in that statement, Wells was superb again last night, my brother who was up from Plymouth said to me how well he was leading the line and the press. He and Matty James used their experience to the maximum effect in both games.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, petehinton said:

Well well well

NOT A FOOTBALLER!!!!

Wells has been outstanding the last two games, worked his socks off and linked up play fantastically.

Regarding Cornick, he done well at times when he came on yesterday. Let’s not get too excited though! A few mins before his goal he had a complete swing and a miss from a cross when all he had to do is side foot it. As for the goal itself, I think we may have been talking about another “miss” if it were not for the huge deflection from the defender on the way.

• Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes . For all Wells effort Cornick would be more efficient there for me . I think he starts Saturday 

If we were playing with 2 strikers, Wells is one of the 1st names on the team sheet. 

But Wells isn't a lone striker. Neither is Cornick, but Cornick is more of one than Wells. 

I would actually like to see them both play in a 2 together. 

• Like 1