IGNORED

James - Williams - Knight (and Naismith)

hinsleburg

TGH was very good last night. But for me the one player who makes us better overall is Naismith. It’s clear you take him out and we get a Preston/Birmingham type game. The pass for Cornick was sublime. I would even play him in goal if it meant he was starting. What a great pro too, love his positive approach when interviewed. Seems a top individual! I was also impressed with Roberts, what a strike he has on him! So refreshing. What concerns me though is Plymouth could easily have scored 4 with sitters missed. Max is the weakest link in our team, a GK would suddenly be a priority for me. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Fair play lads 

Half decent start to the season and all of a sudden James, Williams and Knight have turned into prime Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta 

Let’s not get carried away here. I still say these two get overrun by the more physical / dynamic teams. Birmingham proved that 

Still think Williams needs replacing if we want to be pushing top 6-10 this year 

They we’re both excellent last night though 

16 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Fair play lads 

Half decent start to the season and all of a sudden James, Williams and Knight have turned into prime Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta 

Straw man argument. Nobody is making any exaggerated claims.

Let’s not get carried away here. I still say these two get overrun by the more physical / dynamic teams

Like they were overrun by a physical Millwall team for instance?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Let’s hope if we are up there in January we don’t do a 17/18 and we use the January window to get us over the line. 

The problem is I’m not sure how exactly we go about avoiding doing a 17/18. The reality is that if we signed a highly rated young midfielder from a premier league club on a permanent deal, a winger from a top four premier league club on loan and a French striker on loan who had a decent scoring record in Ligue 1 last season then we’d probably be quite happy and feel the club were showing ambition. In 2018, none of those three signings worked out but I’m not sure anything was “wrong” with the logic underpinning them.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Let’s hope if we are up there in January we don’t do a 17/18 and we use the January window to get us over the line. 

We are in a much better FFP position for one than January 2018. Still what we did spend we could have spent better for sure...albeit the profile as LB said didn't look too bad.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

41 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The problem is I’m not sure how exactly we go about avoiding doing a 17/18. The reality is that if we signed a highly rated young midfielder from a premier league club on a permanent deal, a winger from a top four premier league club on loan and a French striker on loan who had a decent scoring record in Ligue 1 last season then we’d probably be quite happy and feel the club were showing ambition. In 2018, none of those three signings worked out but I’m not sure anything was “wrong” with the logic underpinning them.

I guess for two of them (Diony / Kent) the big question marks were DNA…not something us fans will have insight into to challenge the football logic.  Maybe even Walsh too who from memory fell out very quickly at Brum on loan.  Happy to be corrected.

The hindsight is of course the integration of these players, things were kinda ripped up to accommodate them.

Hey-ho.

30 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We are in a much better FFP position for one than January 2018. Still what we did spend we could have spent better for sure...albeit the profile as LB said didn't look too bad.

But as we now know, FFP isn’t a consideration…it’s wage budget! ?