IGNORED

Yeboah

formerly known as ivan

Anyone else see a lot of similarities between him and Semenyo?

Obviously hasn’t had the benefit of a lower league loan like Semenyo, but Yeboah is physically strong, pacy, had a trick up his sleev. Even in the way he runs I can see similarities.

Im sure we will be asking in years to come if we think Yeboah is a natural goal scorer or not!

I love watching him play, and he must be an absolute nightmare to play against.

Can't say he reminds me of Semenyo at all if I'm honest, seems a completely different type of player.

1 minute ago, citywest30 said:

Watched a bit of the stream last night from Argyle TV and they said he was the son of former Leeds striker Tony Yeboah. Is that right?

No.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Watched a bit of the stream last night from Argyle TV and they said he was the son of former Leeds striker Tony Yeboah. Is that right?

???????????

4 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Went to the game with a mate who coaches at the academy. He had coached Yeboah, and said he had never come across a young player who was so competitive and so determined.

He was in danger of being released after Christmas last year, but basically said no way, and played the end of the season as if his life depended on it and silenced the doubters. That was basically 18/20 months ago.

He really really wants it. We might’ve found another gem.

• Like 13

He’s only 17, so at this young age his potential is obvious. Give him another two years and he’ll be attracting bids from Premier League clubs just a Scott did. What I particularly like is his defensive attributes, as that’s unusual in a young attacking player. 

2 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

He actually reminds me of Bolasie if I had to chose someone. Ungainly and raw but effective. Always looking to be positive. 

Id put money on him getting a red card for an outrageous challenge at some point this season ?

Could be a real gem for us in a year or two

Yes, hes pretty raw but scary quick,, and  it feels like the fanbase has really taken to him. Id love for him to get a goal!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He’s only 17, so at this young age his potential is obvious. Give him another two years and he’ll be attracting bids from Premier League clubs just a Scott did. What I particularly like is his defensive attributes, as that’s unusual in a young attacking player. 

Bournemouth bound 

• Haha 9
  • Hmmm 1

48 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

He actually reminds me of Bolasie if I had to chose someone. Ungainly and raw but effective. Always looking to be positive. 

Id put money on him getting a red card for an outrageous challenge at some point this season ?

Yes, I was just going to post Bolasie too. Love an on the edge tackle, but it's certainly heart in the mouth stuff. 

1 hour ago, ollywhyte said:

Exactly what I see.

Bolasie never really worked out with us (anyone who claims they thought he was half as good as Albert at the time is definitely lying), but this lad reminds me of the early Palace Yannick.

Lightening quick, physically strong, unpredictable & sometimes a bit unfocused.

His determination & work rate are something else though, gets back to support his full back & seemingly plays without fear.

You’re right for a kid he’s completely unfazed by the physical stuff & puts in some reckless challenges at times.

Has real potential though, fair play to the lad.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

Watching on Sky,I was most impressed by his positioning when not on the ball.  I agree with others I think he is the real deal. Oh to have a young dynamic and charismatic centre forward.  Can’t wait to see him score.  Will he cartwheel back to the centre circle like the great John Atyeo.  Here’s hoping.