IGNORED

Yeboah

formerly known as ivan

28 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Watching on Sky,I was most impressed by his positioning when not on the ball.  I agree with others I think he is the real deal. Oh to have a young dynamic and charismatic centre forward.  Can’t wait to see him score.  Will he cartwheel back to the centre circle like the great John Atyeo.  Here’s hoping.

Agree, if you watch him, he takes up / tries to take up good defensive positions.  He won’t die thinking about getting into position, he just does it.

I’m big on “recovery runs” and being proactive not reactive.  @Harry is with me in this.  Sykes reacts too late to Naismith’s loopy header that they get possession of and break to score.  Yeboah finds himself at the back post from nowhere.  I think he time-shifts there! ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, if you watch him, he takes up / tries to take up good defensive positions.  He won’t die thinking about getting into position, he just does it.

I’m big on “recovery runs” and being proactive not reactive.  @Harry is with me in this.  Sykes reacts too late to Naismith’s loopy header that they get possession of and break to score.  Yeboah finds himself at the back post from nowhere.  I think he time-shifts there! ???

I want to see his relative stats for the game he's a running machine.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly what I see.

Bolasie never really worked out with us (anyone who claims they thought he was half as good as Albert at the time is definitely lying), but this lad reminds me of the early Palace Yannick.

Lightening quick, physically strong, unpredictable & sometimes a bit unfocused.

His determination & work rate are something else though, gets back to support his full back & seemingly plays without fear.

You’re right for a kid he’s completely unfazed by the physical stuff & puts in some reckless challenges at times.

Has real potential though, fair play to the lad.

I actually see more of Bolasie in Bell in terms of the knock it past 'em and run (a la Smiffy). 

I'd like to see what his shooting is like. That would give us an idea of what kind of player he'll become. Can he lace it? Can he finesse finish? Is he a fox in the box? Or is best out wide?

So many questions! But, yes, he's exciting.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Watching on Sky,I was most impressed by his positioning when not on the ball.  I agree with others I think he is the real deal. Oh to have a young dynamic and charismatic centre forward.  Can’t wait to see him score.  Will he cartwheel back to the centre circle like the great John Atyeo.  Here’s hoping.

OK, I'm going to bite here.

Unfortunately, I only saw the great John Atyeo in his final season with us, yet I am sure I never saw him even hint at such antics.

Are you teasing, or did I miss (forget?) something?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

OK, I'm going to bite here.

Unfortunately, I only saw the great John Atyeo in his final season with us, yet I am sure I never saw him even hint at such antics.

Are you teasing, or did I miss (forget?) something?

If you watch the YouTube reels of the late, great John Atyeo  scoring for England, you'll see him sliding to the corner flag . He then takes off his shirt and throws it at Harold Winterbottom before making hand and arm gestures to signify he will be having several ciders afterwards.

People will say that he never played for England in the World Cup finals (having scored the goal that got us there) because he was playing for a 2nd Division team ie us. However, the real reason is because of the above goal celebrations.

I'm sure Dave Fevs can provide an analysis on how long his celebrations lasted.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

What I like is he's an attacking player who doesn't like players going past him - he has defensive qualities.

Guy gets stuck into senior pros 10 to 15 years older than him. Shows no fear.

He'll develop, I'm sure of it. 

I'm willing him to score, I think once he gets going.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I think the ref gave it to Tanner 

And Bailey Wright awaits his suspension...

13 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Anyone else see a lot of similarities between him and Semenyo?

Obviously hasn’t had the benefit of a lower league loan like Semenyo, but Yeboah is physically strong, pacy, had a trick up his sleev. Even in the way he runs I can see similarities.

Im sure we will be asking in years to come if we think Yeboah is a natural goal scorer or not!

I actually think he has a higher ceiling than Semenyo.  Plays with courage, ridiculously quick with and without the ball at his feet, tracks back to cover others mistakes as well as his own, great ball control and mature beyond his years.  And at only just 17?  Plenty of time to get the tackling worked on. The kid is really exciting.

How good is it though that our Academy is finally producing young player after young player that is ready for inclusion in a Championship matchday squad? I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's a shame that the much maligned AshtonYate didn't live to see what the Academy ultimately has produced for us.

15 hours ago, HappyClapper said:

Went to the game with a mate who coaches at the academy. He had coached Yeboah, and said he had never come across a young player who was so competitive and so determined.

He was in danger of being released after Christmas last year, but basically said no way, and played the end of the season as if his life depended on it and silenced the doubters. That was basically 18/20 months ago.

He really really wants it. We might’ve found another gem.

So another one we will have for 18 months and then sell to Bournemouth.

12 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

If you watch the YouTube reels of the late, great John Atyeo  scoring for England, you'll see him sliding to the corner flag . He then takes off his shirt and throws it at Harold Winterbottom before making hand and arm gestures to signify he will be having several ciders afterwards.

People will say that he never played for England in the World Cup finals (having scored the goal that got us there) because he was playing for a 2nd Division team ie us. However, the real reason is because of the above goal celebrations.

I'm sure Dave Fevs can provide an analysis on how long his celebrations lasted.

I've never seen anything like that from John in real life. Was this action definitely from the match in Dublin when got a late goal to draw the match and qualify us.

However getting to see bits of film that were probably from cinema news reels, was very unlikely unless one went to cinema on a weekly basis.

Nor have I ever heard any other City fan say that's why he was left out.

Not disputing what you say @Norn Iron

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I've never seen anything like that from John in real life. Was this action definitely from the match in Dublin when got a late goal to draw the match and qualify us.

However getting to see bits of film that were probably from cinema news reels, was very unlikely unless one went to cinema on a weekly basis.

Good Afternoon Cidered,

I replied (somewhat tongue in cheek) to an earlier post suggesting that the late, great John Atyeo would sometimes cartwheel back to the centre circle after scoring, by stating that I had never seen even the slightest suggestion that he might do so.

I would suggest that the antics described in Dublin were similarly unlikely.

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Hi Cidered,

Thanks for asking. You were right to qualify what I was saying.

I was merely joining in with John's cartwheeling antics which I believe to be made up.....just like my additional info as seen on youtube! 

I never saw JA in real life let alone play for the City. A great pity.