IGNORED

Being a fan?

Davefevs

1 minute ago, One Team said:

One of my most ‘sick in mouth’ moments in life is when someone says  to me, “yeah but what Premier League team do you support?”!

??

That really fxxks me off when they say that then look up and say the team they so called support have never seen in there life’s 

• Like 3

Been to old Trafford quite a few times as company I work for get quite a few corporate tickets ( freebies with food & drink ?) obviously it costs me a few quid travel up  in car or train / hotel sometimes and a few quid to have a few beers early on  in local pubs or central Manchester before I go into corporate , to mix with real fans and get a feel of the atmosphere and once corporate is finished usually about 7 again go into local pubs or central Manchester ( usually shit faced then start giving it the big un about city ? ( Bristol city ) 

perhaps because of the numbers and people travelling the amount of people around in pubs either local or central Manchester is unreal at 10-1100 o clock , not so much after still loads about though . Generally when I do go up the atmosphere in the pubs before and after is really good as for in the ground so so . 

and no I’ve never gone there above watching city , only paid once to go in that was a night game against Middlesbrough in the cup as I was working up there , 

but as for the original question just one team for me , you reds - weirdly though I do have a soft spot for Fulham just really like the boozers in that part of London and love the ground ( bucket list Fulham game this year to see what grounds like with new stand )

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

That really fxxks me off when they say that then look up and say the team they so called support have never seen in there life’s 

Me too. I have a soft spot for local non league teams to a point but it’s not anywhere near being a fan like I am with City.

Hearing someone with a thick Bristol accent proclaiming their support for Liverpool/Chelsea/Man Utd is awful. I typically find I know more about ‘their’ clubs than they do!

I feel genuinely sorry for people that don’t go regularly to live football. 

20 minutes ago, One Team said:

Me too. I have a soft spot for local non league teams to a point but it’s not anywhere near being a fan like I am with City.

Hearing someone with a thick Bristol accent proclaiming their support for Liverpool/Chelsea/Man Utd is awful. I typically find I know more about ‘their’ clubs than they do!

I feel genuinely sorry for people that don’t go regularly to live football. 

Guy across the road from me is a self proclaimed 'big Man City fan',  he's never been to a live game, he doesn't even watch them on Sky/BT.. ..  but he 'watches all their goals on his phone'.  Really.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

Spoiler

Worked in Bristol when Liverpool won the league 

2 scaffolders went on about them winning the league , honestly the way they rattled on you would have thought they grew up there 

got into a heated debate with them and asked to name the 4 stands at anfield to which they replied the Kop , well my granny could tell me that … ok name the other 3.

surprise surprise they never knew the other 3 and neither had stepped foot in there …..

give me a rovers fan who goes over any plastic 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve no idea, it just appeared in my twitter feed

You're probably busy enough as is but it's a sport that is well worth checking out. Got more of an edge than football and works well for those that are disillusioned with all the play-acting endemic to the modern game 

Edited by The Nest Egg
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Nest Egg said:

You're probably busy enough as is but it's a sport that is well worth checking out. Got more of an edge than football and works well for those that are disillusioned with all the play-acting endemic to the modern game 

Charlestown Chiefs!!!

(One of my fave films)

54 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Worked in Bristol when Liverpool won the league 

2 scaffolders went on about them winning the league , honestly the way they rattled on you would have thought they grew up there 

got into a heated debate with them and asked to name the 4 stands at anfield to which they replied the Kop , well my granny could tell me that … ok name the other 3.

surprise surprise they never knew the other 3 and neither had stepped foot in there …..

give me a rovers fan who goes over any plastic 

Totally agree with you sticks ( saying through gritted teeth ) about the Rovers fan 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, One Team said:

Some on here won’t like it but I’ve more respect for a Gas head who goes to every game that a Bristol based Liverpool fan who has never been. 

This.

I drank was many "Liverpool" fans in my old local who had never been and made no attempt to go.

Far more time for a deluded fewer who goes, cares and puts up with the constant questions I'm sure we have all heard over the years, "But surely you have a premier league club as well!?!!?'.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

100%. Also for fans who support the likes of Tranmere, Stockport, Rochdale and clubs like that.

It's the way a lot of 'top flight' supporters try and justify their support of a side they have never seen, make no attempt to see and in most cases, won't buy a membership for the chance to see that baffles me.

The majority of those I drank with would buy fake shirts as well.

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's the way a lot of 'top flight' supporters try and justify their support of a side they have never seen, make no attempt to see and in most cases, won't buy a membership for the chance to see that baffles me.

The majority of those I drank with would by fake shirts as well.

Absolutely. I used to have a bit of grudging respect for those people that I used to see waiting on Broadway in Bridgwater for the coach to Manchester years ago but not the majority of the current `fans`

48 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

They do but we need a game to reignite the anger I feel. We’re ahead of them in every department so there’s not too much to get worked up about ?

How much I love to play them it always worry’s me that we may lose as in my eyes especially nowadays it’s like a free hit for them as we are expected to win and they play the underdog  to the full .

bit like England v Scotland 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redkev said:

How much I love to play them it always worry’s me that we may lose as in my eyes especially nowadays it’s like a free hit for them as we are expected to win and they play the underdog  to the full .

bit like England v Scotland 

I’ve seen this attitude recently. My take is what’s the point of sport if you’re not willing to gamble? 

I’d bet the house if we played them in the FA cup 3rd round. 

• Confused 1