IGNORED

How can this be justified?

phantom

27 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just seen the prices Fulham are charging for home supporters against Man Utd - unbelievable that anyone is prepared to pay these prices 

20230926_114047.jpg

I'd imagine it can be justified (wanting to go KLF, here) by the amount of wedge up that, there London. Yer cockernee barrow boy will spend £160 notes on his pie n mash breakfast before he's got out of bed in the morning. He will bet twice that dahn the bookies at lunchtime, then triple that dahn the boozah where the barrel will be rolled aaahhht (etc, etc).

They got more money than us up there, Phant. Is yer ans-ah

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just seen the prices Fulham are charging for home supporters against Man Utd - unbelievable that anyone is prepared to pay these prices 

20230926_114047.jpg

The answer is in the sky.

Common does Blackbirds and Magpies and Robins and Sparrows.

Look to they sky outside Craven Cottage and?

PARAKEETS. 

Edited by Sixtyseconds
  • Confused 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Glen hump said:

If it sells out that doesn’t make it right, I understand your logic but the prices are shitting on the average punter 

It would be interesting to see how it compares to other clubs in the Prem.

I'd expect Fulham to be one of the priciest, due to location & capacity being smaller than many.

I'd think that most fans have season tickets in the Prem, otherwise it would be a struggle to get tickets - so capitalising on the occasional fan/day tripper is understandable.

What is the "average punter" nowadays.?

If  games sell out at those prices, then you can blame the clubs for making as much revenue as possible.

Of course, some will sadly be priced out - but it's naive to think the club will worry about that, if they are selling the same seat to someone who can afford it.

The danger being, losing their hard-core base support (those who are priced out) should they drop back down the leagues & don't have the glory boy element splashing out on tickets regularly.

33 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

If it sells out that doesn’t make it right, I understand your logic but the prices are shitting on the average punter 

What's an average punter nowadays?

The game has completely changed and the average punter imo wants tens of millions spent on players and then a boat load more on a Stadium, and usually without wanting it to be paid for out of their own pocket.

And yes those prices do seem extortionate to us, but no more than our prices to many lower league clubs I doubt.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

I'd imagine it can be justified (wanting to go KLF, here) by the amount of wedge up that, there London. Yer cockernee barrow boy will spend £160 notes on his pie n mash breakfast before he's got out of bed in the morning. He will bet twice that dahn the bookies at lunchtime, then triple that dahn the boozah where the barrel will be rolled aaahhht (etc, etc).

Never actually tried pie n mash myself

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 18.06.42.png

1 hour ago, onlyotib said:

And it’s these sort of prices why the modern sofa glory hunter fan exist. Disgusting prices. Where’s the next generation of proper fans coming from

No. Sky TV is totally to blame for the glory hunter arm chair fan.

Occasional fans are perfectly used to paying that sort of price, or more, for concerts & shows. They wouldn't be put off by the price - they are more likely to be put off by having to get off their arse & actually bother going to the ground, when there are so many games available at the touch of a button. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

If it sells out the pricing is right

If it doesn't then it's to high

Hmm, because the market might pay those prices, doesn't make them 'right'.

Supply and demand says that a 3 bed Victorian terraced house around the corner from Ashton Gate could cost you north of £600k, but that's not 'right' either, it's f king obscene. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

I don't think many people in Fulham talk like that.

They're more likely to speak like they've had their jaws wired shut and enjoy a delightful glass of Chateauneuf Du Pape at The Hero of Maida Vale.

• Confused 1

It does make you wonder if promotion to the Prem actually results in 50% of your die hard fanbase no longer able to attend Matches and being replaced by corporates etc . Who , other than football tourists can afford these prices even on an occasional basis ? ( And we still debate why the atmosphere at English grounds is crap these days ???) I’ve been a passionate supporter for 45 years and am reasonably comfortable financially thankfully , but not in a million years could I justify spending this on football ! 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

At least the United "fans" are probably within walking distance and don't have the additional travel costs. :ph34r:

This was a topic on talk sport yesterday which I only listened to “in & out”

At least one Fulham fan rang in to support the prices as historically there is a large Man Utd presence in home areas for this fixture and he was happy for them to be “taxed” for this game.

I understand his frustration but it doesn’t encourage Fulham fans who buy on a match by match basis.

• Like 1

• Admin

Fulham fans are calling on supporters to demonstrate outside Craven Cottage before next month’s home game against Manchester United over the club’s “completely misguided” ticket pricing.

Fulham Supporters’ Trust (FST), Fulham Lillies and fan media outlets are calling for action over matchday ticket pricing – which is among the most expensive anywhere in the country.

Supporter groups say the club’s ticket pricing policy is alienating matchgoers and could price out a generation of local fans.

“The problem is a completely misguided ticket pricing policy that fundamentally misunderstands what it means to be a fan,” Fulham Supporters’ Trust and Fulham Lillies said in a joint statement released today.

“It’s a policy which, piece by piece, is alienating a large part of our core fan base to the extent that increasing numbers just can’t afford to come to a game or bring their friends and family to help create that next generation.”

The focus of their anger is the staggering matchday ticket pricing set for the visit of Manchester United in November.

The highest-priced non-corporate adult ticket for November’s Manchester United match is £160 for the new Riverside Stand – a 60% increase on the same fixture last season. The cheapest adult ticket is £67 in the Hammersmith End.

At Fulham, the issue of ticket prices has been of concern for successive seasons and supporter groups have been pushing back against the club’s attempts to increase prices.

Craven Cottage is also now home to the most expensive non-corporate season ticket in the country, at £3,000.

Fulham fans protest ticket prices outside Craven Cottage back in 2019 – © Craig Mercer/Sportimage via Alamy

“We agree with financial sustainability,” FST said. “But the shortfalls can’t be made up by a ticket policy that prices out our traditional fan base in favour of short-term attendees who are prepared to pay big money for a one-off experience and never come back.

“We are not being heard by the senior management at Fulham. It is time to turn up the volume.”

Supporters are being called on to gather before the Manchester United game on Saturday 4th November from 11am at the Tea House in Bishops Park – and from there fans will march to the ground in protest.

Fulhamish, Fulham Focus, HammyEnd, Friends of Fulham, Cottage Talk, That’s So Craven, Jack & Loz, Fulham Fan News, FFCandME are also supporting the campaign.

TAKEN FROM https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fulham-fans-call-for-protest-over-ticket-prices/