IGNORED

Stoke City at home match thread

We deserved to lose that, but it’s so painfully clear we are bloody desperate for some real quality to make a tangible difference in games like these. 

When’s even a small portion of the nest egg going to be made available, Steve? You talk about PL but that will never happen if you don’t win games like that, and a bit of quality is the difference. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1
3 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

He may be a decent player in time, but it is a pointless bring Yeboah on in games at the moment.

Should have scored but thought he had a lot more time than the Championship will give you. However Naismith two mins earlier was even worse.

1 minute ago, 22A said:

OK; I'll say it; Well Done Stoke.

You were on a run of poor results. You were away to a team that's won twice as many  games as they've lost. You were 2-0 down after 15 mins, but kept going and managed to win 3-2.

I don’t think they deserve any praise whatsoever. Awful awful side. They’ll be down there.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, 22A said:

OK; I'll say it; Well Done Stoke.

You were on a run of poor results. You were away to a team that's won twice as many  games as they've lost. You were 2-0 down after 15 mins, but kept going and managed to win 3-2.

That was a rare shoot yourselves in the foot moment nowadays when it was constant a few years back,as for Stoke they will defo be bottom half 

Just now, BUTOR said:

It’s. The. Hope. That. Kills. 

Just now, BUTOR said:

It’s. The. Hope. That. Kills. 

Long since given up on hope with City.  We have been so inconsistent for seasons now.  Just accept or not what the team deliver.  Still say we need an inspirational player, almost certainly a forward, to get behind.

The question for the players and coaches is why?  Unfit, arrogance, insufficient competition for places, or just not at required standard week in week out for this league? ?

Just now, OddBallJim said:

This. Sorry but it is absolutely criminal we have lost this game. 

I need to look at the stats a bit more closely. But initial reflections on the game are that that Stoke were presented with 3 good chances, and scored all 3. 

Unacceptable is the word.

Pretty much that I think - 3 shots on goal, 3 goals. All 3 of them arguably defendable, that was city defending of last season, not this, just looked really disjointed at the back again especially after the substitutions

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

Thought we’d turned a corner from that sort of shite. No matter how you dress it up that’s not acceptable. Weak 

We never ever turn corners successfully.  We always always turn backwards very soon afterwards

Long way off a promotion side, let alone a side that could stay up

3 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Vyner is looking a huge miss and that doesn’t augur well for our next games. We let 3 goals in despite not being under much pressure. It’s a typical Alex Neil/Daniel Johnson team snatching a win despite being largely outplayed, when will we learn Too often we lost 50/50 challenges. 3 points handed on a plate to Stoke.

Nail on head.

• Like 1