IGNORED

Stoke City at home match thread

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can't see it being all that comfortable but it is definitely a game we should be targeting as a home win.

We should be targeting 6 points from the next two games. Very realistic goal. 

I'd like to say I'd be happy with 4 points but I suppose if it's a draw and home and then a win away then we'd be disappointed with the home draw.

However flip it the other way and win at home but then draw away and then we're disappointed to not beat Rotherham. 

I guess I'd be content with 4 points but happy with 6.

• Confused 2
6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'd like to say I'd be happy with 4 points but I suppose if it's a draw and home and then a win away then we'd be disappointed with the home draw.

However flip it the other way and win at home but then draw away and then we're disappointed to not beat Rotherham. 

I'll take the six as the most likely.

Predicting same team as last time. Williams wasn't very good but think he should still keep his place and then maybe rotate next Tuesday before Leeds. Would be nice to see Andi come in but as @Selred mentioned I don't know where he would fit in, I wouldn't say no to giving him a go up front but can't see Nige doing it. If there was to be any change up front it would probably be Cornick but can't see that happening. Looking forward to the game today, if we are serious this season these are the teams we need to beat so let's hope for a good performance and 3 points, COYR!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Selred said:

Lots of images of Weimann on our pre game comms. Not sure where he’d fit in, personally I’d keep the midfield 3 the same, if Andi was to come in I’d probably play him over Wells.

1 hour ago, MrRedRobin said:

Predicting same team as last time. Williams wasn't very good but think he should still keep his place and then maybe rotate next Tuesday before Leeds. Would be nice to see Andi come in but as @Selred mentioned I don't know where he would fit in, I wouldn't say no to giving him a go up front but can't see Nige doing it. If there was to be any change up front it would probably be Cornick but can't see that happening. Looking forward to the game today, if we are serious this season these are the teams we need to beat so let's hope for a good performance and 3 points, COYR!

I think that if the midfield three was changed, it would be TGH for Williams rather than Weimann coming.  But I agree that Nige isn’t likely to leave Williams out for one below par game, that’s not generally how his selection policy works.

Even rotation might not happen with an international break coming up, but I do think Wednesday 8pm / Saturday 3pm, both away, might necessitate.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Well this is ultimately with Nigel will be judged on by the board. No doubt lots of positivity but let’s not do a standard Bristol City. Win both games because it will be another Leicester type battering at Elland Road. Quality gap is huge. 

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think that if the midfield three was changed, it would be TGH for Williams rather than Weimann coming.  But I agree that Nige isn’t likely to leave Williams out for one below par game, that’s not generally how his selection policy works.

Even rotation might not happen with an international break coming up, but I do think Wednesday 8pm / Saturday 3pm, both away, might necessitate.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tommy on the bench 😁

• Like 1
2 hours ago, One Team said:

Still not got my digital season ticket for this game, anyone else the same? (Auto stuff is on!)

I had the same problem. I turned the auto off and then turned it on again. Todays ticket appeared immediately.  That the problem with modern technology - it often doesn’t work properly, but the old off / on trick sometimes works 

• Thanks 1