IGNORED

When does football become Panto ?

1960maaan

I've not got a lot of interest in Football in the USA, but Posh's husband starting a team was bound to raise interest (not mine) and the signing Mesi ?  Beckhams Inter Miami are becoming a bit of a sideshow now though. Bad enough "fans" streaming for the exit when Mesi had to go off on 37 minutes , with a knee injury. But seems like they are trying to screw the fans to pay for , what could be looked on as an ego project. 

I just Googled average wage in Miami, turns out it's $44k (£36k) , so 2 season tickets costing nearly $7k is excessive to start with imo ( there are some for $500 but not many left apparently) , but to raise it to over $30,000 would have me shouting "Oh no they didn't" ! Still when your top player is earning $60 Million a year ( average for a senior player seems to be $500,000) you need to do something. 

I'm off to Google sustainability in the MLS

Screenshot2023-09-30at09_33_53.png.2e72ad1f2a1da93c837681a1b100ae58.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I've not got a lot of interest in Football in the USA, but Posh's husband starting a team was bound to raise interest (not mine) and the signing Mesi ?  Beckhams Inter Miami are becoming a bit of a sideshow now though. Bad enough "fans" streaming for the exit when Mesi had to go off on 37 minutes , with a knee injury. But seems like they are trying to screw the fans to pay for , what could be looked on as an ego project. 

I just Googled average wage in Miami, turns out it's $44k (£36k) , so 2 season tickets costing nearly $7k is excessive to start with imo ( there are some for $500 but not many left apparently) , but to raise it to over $30,000 would have me shouting "Oh no they didn't" ! Still when your top player is earning $60 Million a year ( average for a senior player seems to be $500,000) you need to do something. 

Crikey , no wonder they’re all smiling . encourage ter stegen GIF by Allianz

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The whole thing sounds like a giant scam. I’m so glad I’ve got Bristol City 🥰

• Admin
39 minutes ago, chinapig said:

One of the guys from 777 Partners who want to buy Everton said recently that fans want to be monetised. That's the mindset of the game today.

I wouldn't say he's wrong.

Put together a good team so we want to buy tickets.

Put out good merchandise so we want to buy it.

Lay on good catering so we want to buy food in the ground.

I'd happily prioritise more money towards City if I felt the value was there.

4 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I wouldn't say he's wrong.

Put together a good team so we want to buy tickets.

Put out good merchandise so we want to buy it.

Lay on good catering so we want to buy food in the ground.

I'd happily prioritise more money towards City if I felt the value was there.

Agreed but I didn't make it clear that he was talking about cross-selling services from their other companies such as insurance. So exploiting fans' loyalty above and beyond football. Indeed football itself becomes just a means to an end.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Agreed but I didn't make it clear that he was talking about cross-selling services from their other companies such as insurance. So exploiting fans' loyalty above and beyond football. Indeed football itself becomes just a means to an end.

Context is everything then 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Scott McGarvey.

I'd agree.

I heard that having got kicked in a local derby ( any one under 30 ask your parents ), he said to the player something like, this isn't a Liverpool derby you know. Never liked him, him and his blonde locks never impressed me at all.

On 30/09/2023 at 11:54, chinapig said:

One of the guys from 777 Partners who want to buy Everton said recently that fans want to be monetised. That's the mindset of the game today.

Let’s see if that deal happens . There is a lot of baggage on the 777 side and a lot has to happen before they can complete. Plenty more Everton way too. Huge shame as new ground is wonderful.