IGNORED

When fan 'banter' goes too far...

spudski

1 minute ago, spudski said:

...I hope they get banned from all grounds. 

What is wrong with some people. 

Absolutely sick.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-66972872

Obviously is sick as you can see they are clearly doing it for a reaction but i wonder under what grounds the police have arrested them on.

It’s surely not illegal to just get a picture up on your phone and laugh is it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

...I hope they get banned from all grounds. 

What is wrong with some people. 

Absolutely sick.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-66972872

Surely that photo is Photoshopped? That image would not be that clear from that distance? Did the original video/photo have the same image but not so clearly defined?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Obviously is sick as you can see they are clearly doing it for a reaction but i wonder under what grounds the police have arrested them on.

Incitement maybe?

Certainly should be banned from football but the exact charge is an interesting legal point.

Found it now.

South Yorkshire Police said two men aged 31 and 27 had been arrested on suspicion of outraging public decency in connection with the incident on Saturday night and were being held in custody.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Surely that photo is Photoshopped? That image would not be that clear from that distance? Did the original video/photo have the same image but not so clearly defined?

Even their mum has labelled them lowlife.

7 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Being done for incitement and outraging public decency.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Incitement maybe?

Certainly should be banned from football but the exact charge is an interesting legal point.

Found it now.

South Yorkshire Police said two men aged 31 and 27 had been arrested on suspicion of outraging public decency in connection with the incident on Saturday night and were being held in custody.

31 and 27. That’s tragic. 

52 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

He's been charged now thankfully.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-66979372

Embarrassment to our fanbase, in what's been a rough weekend all round. 

Visiting Owl I am so sorry for the awful state that your club is in at the moment, my family and I have had some great times at Hillsbrough in the past. The fans have always been friendly to us and it is so sad to see the state of the ground now.

• Like 5

On 01/10/2023 at 12:30, exAtyeoMax said:

Must have if the scumbag pleaded guilty. I would give him a few weeks in the closest slammer to Sunderland as possible. See how much of a laugh he finds that!!

• Like 1

On 01/10/2023 at 12:30, exAtyeoMax said:

They were sat pretty close to the Sunderland fans, but still, shows how good some phone cameras are now.

twaats.thumb.jpg.09cf24eb022a35bf8205448e7d75b468.jpg

Edited by Owl Visiting
  • Like 2

On 01/10/2023 at 12:27, Bris Red said:

I know what you mean , but if anything happens at football they will make up anything to get you charged with something - in this case totally justified

, it also goes to show how stupid moments a couple of beers with your mates can change your life , away from the absolute shame they have brought on there selves I bet they are just 2 normal lads , what were they thinking 😡🙈

I'm not condoning what they did, it was horrendous and awful for the family of the young lad that died but I'm sure that because it happened at a football match that they have been arrested and charged. A shop local to me had some bloke go in on Saturday night who helped himself to a pack of Stella, when a member of staff tried to apprehend him a knife was pulled.. after several phone calls by different people to the police they still didn't attend the scene.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, weepywall said:

I'm not condoning what they did, it was horrendous and awful for the family of the young lad that died but I'm sure that because it happened at a football match that they have been arrested and charged. A shop local to me had some bloke go in on Saturday night who helped himself to a pack of Stella, when a member of staff tried to apprehend him a knife was pulled.. after several phone calls by different people to the police they still didn't attend the scene.

I think the point is this sort of thing wouldn't happen anywhere else apart from at a football match

35 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I think the point is this sort of thing wouldn't happen anywhere else apart from at a football match

Really?  I’m not condoning what these individuals did, but I suspect that ‘banter’ involving extreme bad taste goes on throughout society.  And that’s the problem for me: this is an example of extreme bad taste which most people are likely to find very offensive, but is that a criminal offence?  Many comedians have built their acts on extreme bad taste, but at what point does something in poor taste become criminal?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Really?  I’m not condoning what these individuals did, but I suspect that ‘banter’ involving extreme bad taste goes on throughout society.  And that’s the problem for me: this is an example of extreme bad taste which most people are likely to find very offensive, but is that a criminal offence?  Many comedians have built their acts on extreme bad taste, but at what point does something in poor taste become criminal?

In fairness it wouldn't happen in any other sport.

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I guess at the point you start to incite “trouble”.

I’ve not followed this incident other than seen the photo, so I don’t know if anything happened in the ground.

• Like 1