IGNORED

Tonight`s games

Lanterne Rouge

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It is funny to see Alex Neil bitching about refs, given Saturday.

Supposedly they as per him should have had 6 this season..you'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh!

I love the fact that despite having only the 13th best support and no parachute payments, there are comments on their forum that play offs are the bare minimum expectation this season for Neil to keep his job

• Like 1

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I love the fact that despite having only the 13th best support and no parachute payments, there are comments on their forum that play offs are the bare minimum expectation this season for Neil to keep his job

Their commercial revenue is surely toppy based on friendly Bet365 deals, but I suppose they have outspent a lot of non Parachute sides this season.

These comments are priceless coming from who they're coming from..

Alex Neil moaning about timewasting and soft contact anyone??

"I think certainly if you look at the foul that they get for their goal and you look at the foul [on Lowe] in the box, you're going to compare both in terms of contact.

"I think if you look at the two directives at the start of the season, one was based around soft contact for fouls and not buying into soft contact, which I thought for the first foul was really soft, and the other was was timewasting.

"I didn't think any of the directives this evening were carried out well enough in terms of the game at all."

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Firstly I hope the person is okay.

Secondly I seem to recall a rather unsettling medical incident a fit or similar v Swansea late last October. Played on despite widespread calls not to. Will depend on the circs I guess ie the severity of the medical condition etc.

Sadly it seems he/she was being treated and receiving CPR right next to the touchline, so it seems pretty insensitive try to carry on playing.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Game's gone !

On the face of it, it seemed odd but supporters sat around the incident went onto the pitch to draw attention to the fact urgent medical assistance was required 

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Firstly I hope the person is okay.

Secondly I seem to recall a rather unsettling medical incident a fit or similar v Swansea late last October. Played on despite widespread calls not to. Will depend on the circs I guess ie the severity of the medical condition etc.

I remember a gentleman sadly passing away in the Dolman Stand many years ago it was a very unsettling site to see him being taken through the stand to an ambulance 

I guess the location and severity of an incident dictates the protocol to follow, but if the only emergency response staff are treating a supporter HSE clearly directs a game must be paused as there is no longer anyone available if an urgent medical situation occurs on the pitch 

3 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Sadly it seems he/she was being treated and receiving CPR right next to the touchline, so it seems pretty insensitive try to carry on playing.

Absolutely unbelievable that the referee and assistant referee actually tried to continue the game as the person was receiving life saving CPR on the touchline 

Screenshot_20231004_054539_Flashscore.jpg

After the recent Scunthorpe Vs Buxton match was ordered to be completely replayed despite being abandoned in the 85th minute, it's anyone's guess what the outcome would be here 

Screenshot_20231004_054733_X.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Fair play to them are looking the real deal.

Hard to see them not in the top 3 or 4 at the end of the season.

They've had the best ever start by a promoted team in the history of the Championship. 

Definitely a well drilled team. Watching them, you can see the pre meditated movement by every player. 

They remind me a bit of how Leeds played on the offensive under Bielsa in the Championship. Especially down the flanks. 

Good Coach. 

6 hours ago, phantom said:

On the face of it, it seemed odd but supporters sat around the incident went onto the pitch to draw attention to the fact urgent medical assistance was required 

I remember a gentleman sadly passing away in the Dolman Stand many years ago it was a very unsettling site to see him being taken through the stand to an ambulance 

I guess the location and severity of an incident dictates the protocol to follow, but if the only emergency response staff are treating a supporter HSE clearly directs a game must be paused as there is no longer anyone available if an urgent medical situation occurs on the pitch 

Absolutely unbelievable that the referee and assistant referee actually tried to continue the game as the person was receiving life saving CPR on the touchline 

Screenshot_20231004_054539_Flashscore.jpg

After the recent Scunthorpe Vs Buxton match was ordered to be completely replayed despite being abandoned in the 85th minute, it's anyone's guess what the outcome would be here 

Screenshot_20231004_054733_X.jpg

Apparently it’s EFL guidelines not to stop the game but sure some common sense could have been used .

Sadly the poor chap has now died .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/leyton-orient-fan-heart-attack-dead-b2423692.html

RIP

2 hours ago, spudski said:

They've had the best ever start by a promoted team in the history of the Championship. 

Definitely a well drilled team. Watching them, you can see the pre meditated movement by every player. 

They remind me a bit of how Leeds played on the offensive under Bielsa in the Championship. Especially down the flanks. 

Good Coach. 

Wonder how long it’s gonna take opponents to realise that they don’t cross for the 6 yard box, but that pretty much every cross is a “pull-back”…to players hanging around the edge of the box.  They don’t try to hit that “corridor of uncertainty” (Boycott) between defender and keeper, but have everyone rush towards it whikst Chaplin etc hang around the edge.

15 hours ago, petehinton said:

TNT sport/BT sport coverage is so so so so soooooo bad. Galatasary have just missed a pen at old trafford….

Darren Fletcher - “OHHHH HES MISSED THE PENALTY!!!!! What drama!!!!!!”

Glen Hoddle - “….for me, that’s a poor penalty” 

Fletch is terrible. Dramatises everything. Almost as bad as the Sky EFL commentator

31 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Fletch is terrible. Dramatises everything. Almost as bad as the Sky EFL commentator

If you’re talking about Gary Weaver that is blasphemy, he spends all his time talking about away teams planting their flags on opposition soil as if it’s a civil war re-enactment, it’s excellent

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Wonder how long it’s gonna take opponents to realise that they don’t cross for the 6 yard box, but that pretty much every cross is a “pull-back”…to players hanging around the edge of the box.  They don’t try to hit that “corridor of uncertainty” (Boycott) between defender and keeper, but have everyone rush towards it whikst Chaplin etc hang around the edge.

I've noticed this. 

Stretch the pitch hugely. Use a lot of overlapping down the wings. Delay runs towards box and cut back. 

The CF they use as a decoy. 

He runs towards the 6 yard box. Defenders follow him and then they cut back to players delaying run. 

24 minutes ago, Tony Tootle said:

Best team I think I’ve ever see play us at this level. So well drilled. That opening day game where they beat us 3-1 they were outstanding.

Best at this level is quite a shout but they're up there for sure. The 4-3-3 of Phillips, Forshaw and Klich did have a great balance.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous