IGNORED

even the young Welsh,don't want to live there

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I wonder where they are going?

University?

Wales is a cheaper place to live so seems intriguing numbers

In a word "work".

You see the same in Somerset.

We had a school reunion a couple of years ago and I'm the only graduate from my age-group to live back here. Everyone else who attended university, and quite a lot who didn't, moved away to find better-paid work.  I'm only here because I did that, lived and worked away for 30+ years and therefore was able to have the qualifications and experience to move back here and run my business. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Have to say it’s a beautiful country and has the best Lamb bar none ….try the Gower Salt Marsh Lamb …..you’ll never want to eat lamb from anywhere else it’s fantastic! ….:yawn:

Having owned a farm in Australia we had a few sheep.  Regrettably once the lambs grew to a certain age and size they were destined for the freezer courtesy of myself and a friend who worked at the local abattoir.  At the time all was fine but now for some reason I can no longer enjoy eating their meat.

23 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

An odd place. You can be driving through a forest landscape one minute, then go around the corner and be faced with a view of Port Talbot.

Having said that, the New Forest and Fawley Refinery are the same.

As are Yatton and Congresbury

• Like 1