IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday

Oldland2

14 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

Seem like a bit of a basket case of a club. You knew something was off when they sacked Moore after the play off win.

But the chairman has pulled funding I don't even think Warnock could turn it around.

Yep, Warnock isn't afraid of a challenge but he's not stupid. I think he'd want a lot of reassurances before he even thought about taking it.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

This is the current trend. 
German assistant managers. 

Steve will want one soon if it works out 

Or secondary, just a coach who worked under Hassenhutl, he’s now the third to land an EFL first team manager job which says a lot.  Although could drop to 2 again if FGR lose again tomorrow!

Steve will probably use random name generator to choose which one of them to say he said he wanted to appoint 6 years ago

You have to wonder his inspiration for it. The club’s a mess and even if he performs miracles that’s mid table and on no-one’s radar. 

At worst he gets a pay off. That’s all well and good, but he’s young. Does he need to have a completely tarnished reputation at this age instead of waiting for a better opportunity? 

14 hours ago, Harry said:

This is the current trend. 
German assistant managers. 

Steve will want one soon if it works out 

German managers are the current fashion but previously it was managers from Spain or Italy. In football image is everything so I’ve often thought that Steve Cotterill had the wrong image for SL. He was too traditionally British. If his name had been Stefano Cotterelli I’m sure SL would have given him greater backing 

• Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

German managers are the current fashion but previously it was managers from Spain or Italy. In football image is everything so I’ve often thought that Steve Cotterill had the wrong image for SL. He was too traditionally British. If his name had been Stefano Cotterelli I’m sure SL would have given him greater backing 

Steve Cotterill was given money he bought Kodjia for £2m and Ryan Fredericks and spent the rest of the summer chasing other Dwight Gayle, Jesse lingard, Harry Maguire and Andre Gray!
He had great backing but spent his time chasing some unrealistic targets.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 4

12 minutes ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

Steve Cotterill was given money he bought Kodjia for £2m and Ryan Fredericks and spent the rest of the summer chasing other Dwight Gayle, Jesse lingard, Harry Maguire and Andre Gray!

Or...he was ahead of the curve trying to sign the four players you mention, who all went on to have good careers in a League above ours.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

12 hours ago, petehinton said:

Or secondary, just a coach who worked under Hassenhutl, he’s now the third to land an EFL first team manager job which says a lot.  Although could drop to 2 again if FGR lose again tomorrow!

Steve will probably use random name generator to choose which one of them to say he said he wanted to appoint 6 years ago

Might be wrong but isn’t the very big difference here that neither of the others were “assistant managers”.

Wagner & Farke are vastly experienced, successful coaches, Farke has won this league twice, Wagner achieved the miracle of winning the playoffs at Huddersfield, whilst this guy clearly isn’t.

This appointment reminds me far more of Jan Siewert at Huddersfield & that didn’t go well at all.

Wednesday are a total shambles under Chansiri, I must admit to knowing absolutely nothing about this bloke but I won’t be surprised if they are on to a third manager before the season ends.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

What a terrible post that is. We had a golden opportunity of riding the wave after a promotion, but ultimately cocked it up.

That’s on SL. I can’t stand him, even to look at him and hearing his dreary voice. Same goes for his son…

I want them gone.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Might be wrong but isn’t the very big difference here that neither of the others were “assistant managers”.

Wagner & Farke are vastly experienced, successful coaches, Farke has won this league twice, Wagner achieved the miracle of winning the playoffs at Huddersfield, whilst this guy clearly isn’t.

This appointment reminds me far more of Jan Siewert at Huddersfield & that didn’t go well at all.

Wednesday are a total shambles under Chansiri, I must admit to knowing absolutely nothing about this bloke but I won’t be surprised if they are on to a third manager before the season ends.

Selles was Ralph’s assistant at saints, but tbh I’m not sure how much the seniority of them matters too much as long as they’re delivering the sessions and absorbing the philosophy of it all. McKenna moved around from assistant to first team coach a bit at United and is flying now for example. 

But agree, I don’t think anyone could go into Sheff Wed now and keep them up. They’re a basket case and their squad is crap.