IGNORED

Reality FINALLY catching up to Preston

BCFCGav

Taking a (brief!) moment away from tonight’s jubilation, I see Preston are reverting to type. After a shockingly strong start, they’ve lost 2 on the spin by a 7-0 aggregate scoreline. I thought I was losing the plot when they were winning every week.

36 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Taking a (brief!) moment away from tonight’s jubilation, I see Preston are reverting to type. After a shockingly strong start, they’ve lost 2 on the spin by a 7-0 aggregate scoreline. I thought I was losing the plot when they were winning every week.

The data said they were outperforming their numbers and Boro were underperforming theirs.  Results are catching up.

Thats the Championship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

The data said they were outperforming their numbers and Boro were underperforming theirs.  Results are catching up.

Thats the Championship.

Just watched the highlights and they were very much in the game even after Leicester went 1 up. The Leicester fan that came on here before our game and said that they were just outlasting a lot of teams.

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Just need Dipstick to do the same and I'm a happy chappy !

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thats the Championship.

Yep, even at a very basic level there's no way a club with 0 GD after 10 games is staying in 3rd. Expect them to regress down to the 7th - 12th region of the table.

57 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Ipswich are over performing a tad XG wise depending on models.

Taken as a whole Leicester are but still probably not much points wise but goals for and against. Then again there is a chance they improve over time and the two align better.

IMG_8804.thumb.jpeg.068616e138f7f513b72ec89685d974bb.jpeg

Ipswich might be over-performing both xG and xGC but they are in the right(ish) league position.  Leeds, Sunderland, Ipswich and Leicester should be top 6…they are.

We are in a bunch with Coventry, Cardiff, Norwich etc.

Here is City’s relative position in each metric.

IMG_8805.thumb.jpeg.de2eaa273700ab4b1e434ce40580b414.jpeg

we are doing ok, we should be top half, regardless of our passing or pressing style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

While Preston are and were due a dip, decisions such as this assist the opposition. 2nd goal, probably the one that makes the game safe.

F7oteOVWkAAook6?format=jpg&name=large

I didn't draw it but if I'm not much mistaken Iheanacho is offside!

They got a 3rd goal by the end tbh so.

You seem to have completely ignored number 3, who is playing him on by quite a margin! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

While Preston are and were due a dip, decisions such as this assist the opposition. 2nd goal, probably the one that makes the game safe.

You need to go back a couple of frames. The ball has already left the foot of the passer in your example.

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

You seem to have completely ignored number 3, who is playing him on by quite a margin! 

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

You need to go back a couple of frames. The ball has already left the foot of the passer in your example.

Happy to look again. I didn't draw the lines but watching it a couple of times I did wonder..

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Whoever drew the lines needs shooting.

Miles onside.

image.png.eb12436e1b6079bce401c4e94055c5f2.png

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The arm of no. 3 playing him on?

His whole body is playing him on, there is no doubt it is onside.

I can’t draw the lines on my iPad very well, but mine are a bit more accurate than the ones on the one above.

image.thumb.png.eca0877af58bba91aaf1019cddb12263.png

you can tell by the stripes in the grass he’s miles onside.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I can’t draw the lines on my iPad very well, but mine are a bit more accurate than the ones on the one above.

DF, aren't you very slightly exaggerating ?

It looks more like 1,758 yards onside,

• Haha 2

On 05/10/2023 at 12:42, ExiledAjax said:

We had +4 GD after 10 games, and were in good company with the teams around us. Different.

Screenshot_20231005-124110.png

A fair few teams in that table back in the Championship for this season. But the club that has fallen furthest since then must be Scunthorpe. 11th in the Championship to 4th in National League North, living it up with the likes of Chorley and Spennymoor Town. Puts our “problems” into perspective!

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Perhaps the and thanks Dave, the view correct or otherwise of the line drawer was that his arm or a smidgen of his head or something off.

I wonder would VAR have unequivocally upheld?