IGNORED

Match Report: TC15 goes CR7 for improbable win

Olé

Great report as always.  Thanks for taking the time. For what ever reason our games against Rotherham are always turgid grinding games, never pleasing to watch. 
At home Rotherham have beaten Norwich, held Preston, lost narrowly to Leicester so perhaps they stop a lot teams from playing… 

match officials get a hard time. We certainly had one really clear pen denied with almost WWF as commented on sky. 

Great report… not sure I completely agree with it though!

I do agree that Rotherham were comfortably the better side before the break but, despite how poor and lacking in ideas we were on the ball, I thought we at least put bodies on the line and showed resilience to stay in the game. We also should have had a clear penalty.

After half time, it was still a poor game of course but we had a lot more of the ball and I felt we at least matched them. It’s not a high bar but I didn’t think we were outplayed in the period at all and we probably had marginally the better chances. And, of course, we had a trump card to come on in Conway who showed us just what we’ve been missing.

Overall I’d say we lacked quality for long periods. But, their goal aside, we battled hard to keep the ball out of our net and at least showed some fight and commitment.  I could easily see us having lost that game in previous season. Oh and I would also say that was the best I’ve seen Dickie play for us. He was outstanding at times last night.

COYR

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

The pass from King to Conway and his finish was class. Otherwise we were poor but the points to us. Clear pen for us first half, wrestling Bell. 

There was a second clear one straight after, Dickie was being blatantly held by Peltier, awful officiating.

Have a feeling the ref was the one who bought that dive at Hull last season.

Rubbish, inexplicably gave a foul against Bell when their keeper & defender collided, some other very odd decisions that usually went against us, plus of course he’s missed two penalties.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Probably would have if it werent deflected... 

I think you’re being very lenient, for me he has to keep it out and had we not won i think more criticism would be heading his way. However, we picked up the 3 points so we move on. 

4 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

The pass from King to Conway and his finish was class. Otherwise we were poor but the points to us. Clear pen for us first half, wrestling Bell. 

Better grappling than in the Rugby World Cup or WWF.

But, as per usual, refereeing of worse standard than Sunday League football.

Edited by Bazooka Joe

3 hours ago, Redstart said:

TGH was playing out of position so had a tough night, but he still had the ability to find King with an excellent cross field pass in the 96th minute.  I like players that actually look up and can see and make a pass when it matters. 

I think TGH is just getting up to match speed / fitness.  Generally I think he’s been sound, but what he gives us alongside decent technical ability is longer-range passing.  Tanner rarely plays anything remotely expansive.  TGH happy to ping a pass, even a 35-yard square one to Pring to avoid having to make two passes via Dickie and Naismith.

Last night he was very efficient with his passing, and we can see that “range” in his pass-map.

IMG_8799.jpeg.2989c183d6e420d358405f5ac37bb735.jpeg

One of the few who managed to pass to a teammate last night.

Defensively he does “ok”, but last night you have to factor in Sykes had a very poor game in-front of him and left him exposed vs the marauding Bramall as well as having to deal with Onyedinma (or Green when they swapped).  That cover didn’t get any better when Bell came on.

IMG_8800.jpeg.f7286b99ca72725221a28b2757af427c.jpeg

I think he is going to be a real asset to us.  Not even 22 til December.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1