IGNORED

Eddie Howe

DaveInSA

12 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Now. I’m gonna get pelters for this, so my tin hat is on.

If he isn’t the next England manager (should he want it of course) then who is better.

Total turn around at Newcastle since he’s been there. 

Not sure why you would get pelters. Obvious choice. I remember about 5 years ago when the two hotly tipped 'next England manager' was a choice of two Howe and Gary Monk. Step forward Gareth.

55 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

After the next tournament id break the bank, and get Pepe in, or try nothing more he can do in any decent leauge, I know theres more chance of it being steve McLaren though.

I think Pepe is still playing for Porto and in any case he has no experience in management.

PS: I'm being very immature and I realise you mean Pep.

• Haha 1

Don’t see Howe as the obvious choice as not sure he’d step away from the start of something he’s got going at Newcastle, could be a 5 year spell that sets his management career up with larger clubs. If Potter is still out a job think he’d be a decent shout.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DaveInSA said:

If he isn’t the next England manager (should he want it of course) then who is better.

I can't say too much, but I personally know EH. The guy is a beast. The guy lives and breathes football. 

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

I'd imagine first refusal would go to Lee Carsley

It's all well and good managing at domestic level but if he is successful at European football, that will accelerate Howe's standing hugely.

Who ever takes over England will need to continue the skills that have been on show in recent years. The way England passed the ball against Scotland was brilliant to watch. The Scots hardly touched the ball in the 1st half. I don't like the American word awesome, but it was just that.

Cant stand him

Over rated imo

Took Bmouth up to the prem only after blowing FFP out of the window

Some how got that same very talented Bmouth side relegated (every other manager in the prem or championship would have kept them up)

Took over at Newcastle at a great time The toon would have been happy if Hitler became their manager as long as Ashley was out of the club

I

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Id take the spurs boss in a heartbeat loves attacking football 

I think Ange will win something with Spurs and could well be attracted by the England job.  I don't think he's stayed too long anywhere.  Imagine being the manager that wins a major trophy.