IGNORED

QPR Away

OliOTIB

It’s one ground I’ve visited so many times I’ve got every memory possible.

Wins, defeats and draws. Hot August days, warm autumn days and freezing winter days.

One game that I really enjoyed was a couple of years ago with the late Nahki Wells winner. I was remembering it after the Stoke game when I was thinking why can’t we win games that we’ve been second best for most of the 90 minutes. Then I remembered that QPR game. 

• Like 1

Last I heard QPR still hadn’t decided whether we’d get both tiers or just the top one. That will affect our following.

The game there I remember from the ‘70s was an evening game in foul weather when Tom Ritchie scored the only goal. We played a long, hopeful, hopeless ball hoofed up and heading straight for their keeper to collect, but first bounce it landed in a big puddle and stopped dead. And just right for Tom to run onto! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Last I heard QPR still hadn’t decided whether we’d get both tiers or just the top one. That will affect our following.

The game there I remember from the ‘70s was an evening game in foul weather when Tom Ritchie scored the only goal. We played a long, hopeful, hopeless ball hoofed up and heading straight for their keeper to collect, but first bounce it landed in a big puddle and stopped dead. And just right for Tom to run onto! 

They’ve said that they won’t start selling tickets in the lower tier until the upper tier sells out. So I shall be biding my time and waiting for the upper tier to sell out. So much better in the lower - can’t see sod all in the upper. 

27 minutes ago, Cobbsoldun said:

Nahki Wells is dead?? I thought it was a bad ankle ffs....

Fortunately it was the goal that was late, Nahki was very much still with us at the end.

Much to the annoyance of his old club who’s fans were speculating they would have won by 5 goals if Nahki had been on their side. 

45 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The OS says "The club have received a full allocation of 1,950 for the trip to Loftus Road, with no restricted view seats as there had been in previous seasons"

Is that top tier then ? I didn't think it held that many .
Thought they had gone all in from the start.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The OS says "The club have received a full allocation of 1,950 for the trip to Loftus Road, with no restricted view seats as there had been in previous seasons"

Top tier on sale first, then lower tier.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Thought the same. According to Football Grounds Guide, the top tier holds “around 1800” and the lower tier a further 700.

So maybe both tiers but with 500 ‘restricted view’ seats not on sale? I know it’s not a great end but that seems a lot of seats to choose not to sell. 

If I can get tickets I plan to take my 9y/o boy. Having not been to QPR before as a parent, to those of you who have/do, what part of the away end is the safest/friendliest place for me to try and get me and him tickets? i.e Top tier, lower tier at the front, front right, front left etc etc

1 minute ago, kmpowell said:

If I can get tickets I plan to take my 9y/o boy. Having not been to QPR before as a parent, to those of you who have/do, what part of the away end is the safest/friendliest place for me to try and get me and him tickets? i.e Top tier, lower tier at the front, front right, front left etc etc

You can only pick sections of seats for away games rather than picking exact seats, ie for QPR the options to select will be UT Gold Normal/Silver Normal/Rail Seating. 

Lower Tier seats are probably best for taking a young un. However, QPR is one where the majority of people will stand up for the entirety of the game, which is something to keep in mind. That said we’ve took the kids before and managed to squeeze them in at the bottom row.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2023 at 08:59, italian dave said:

I remember being at Loftus Road in 1980 or 1981.  They’d had a plastic, Omniturf pitch installed and the ball bounced like one of those superball toys on concrete.  We were stuffed by three or four goals but it could have been ten because we just couldn’t come to terms with it. A horrible match.