IGNORED

QPR Away

OliOTIB

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

From memory there are no barriers at Paddington. In any case you are  allowed to leave the station between connections.

Most platforms have barriers

Platform 1 doesn't because it has shops along the platform

Platforms 8 and 9 don't because there are bike racks on that platform

27 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Mine specifically says change at Paddington. I paid £19 each way from S.Wales (senior Railcard), almost half price as it was £37 each way to Paddington for the same journey.

I was going to get one before the season started, decided it wasn't worth it as I don't do many away games lately.
QPR will be my 3rd so far , could have saved a fair bit.  

20 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Mine specifically says change at Paddington. I paid £19 each way from S.Wales (senior Railcard), almost half price as it was £37 each way to Paddington for the same journey.

So unless I’m missing something, every time I go to London (which is quite often), it is cheaper to buy a ticket for Ealing Broadway than Paddington and then just hop back off at the latter? I really don’t understand our train system. 

44 minutes ago, hollydog said:

So unless I’m missing something, every time I go to London (which is quite often), it is cheaper to buy a ticket for Ealing Broadway than Paddington and then just hop back off at the latter? I really don’t understand our train system. 

I’m guessing it’s cos the advance tickets sale very quick to Paddington so go up in price unlike to EB

so yes if you were genuinely going EB you’d get of at Pad walk out through the barriers to your Pad to EB train. Likewise in way back you’d arrive in pad from EB you’d then stroll to your Pad to where ever platform so the ticket will work even if you just arrive at Pad 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I’m guessing it’s cos the advance tickets sale very quick to Paddington so go up in price unlike to EB

so yes if you were genuinely going EB you’d get of at Pad walk out through the barriers to your Pad to EB train. Likewise in way back you’d arrive in pad from EB you’d then stroll to your Pad to where ever platform so the ticket will work even if you just arrive at Pad 

Still dont make sense to me... 

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

Still dont make sense to me... 

I read somewhere recently that this can work the same with long haul airlines. If you want to fly to destination A, check if there is a stopover there and buy a ticket for the next destination B. It can be cheaper to buy a ticket for destination B but leave the airport at A. (Hope that makes sense).

6 hours ago, hollydog said:

Split ticket makes no sense, but main online ticket sites do it now. It's just (another) one of those senseless anomalies .

4 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Have we been given more tickets for this one? - looked close to a sell-out last week before more were available earlier this week and now more showing this morning?

I thought the same thing thought this has sold out and each time I go online more tickets appear in batches of around 50.

I know we were provided around 1800 tickets initially and was mentioned that QPR no longer sell restricted view tickets (around 500) maybe they’ve opened those up?! 

• Admin
43 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Have we been given more tickets for this one? - looked close to a sell-out last week before more were available earlier this week and now more showing this morning?

Looks more like the usual duplicate purchases etc being retuned - no great numbers on sale

image.png

On 19/10/2023 at 11:44, hollydog said:

Your mistake is thinking we have a “train system “, or indeed a system for anything under the current ramshackle bunch in power.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Your mistake is thinking we have a “train system “, or indeed a system for anything under the current ramshackle bunch in power.

You’re absolutely right. I admire your polite language in calling those in power as ramshackle. I can think of other descriptions.

• Like 1

Got tickets for the QPR game next Saturday and was checking on the tubes to the ground.

Usually catch the tube to Shepherds Bush, couple of pints then just walk to the ground but apparently there's a lot of planned engineering works on the Saturday regarding the tubes and the full service won't resume to 3:00pm.

So just a heads up to allow yourself a little more time if heading to the ground via the tube. 

On 19/10/2023 at 17:18, Sir Geoff said:

I read somewhere recently that this can work the same with long haul airlines. If you want to fly to destination A, check if there is a stopover there and buy a ticket for the next destination B. It can be cheaper to buy a ticket for destination B but leave the airport at A. (Hope that makes sense).

It can be cheaper but check the Ts and Cs. If you buy a return journey A to B, B  to C (and back again) and you don’t travel on any of the legs they can cancel the remaining legs. So it can be cheaper travelling to C rather than to B but only if you actually go to C. Different Ts and Cs for rail travel of course.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

It can be cheaper but check the Ts and Cs. If you buy a return journey A to B, B  to C (and back again) and you don’t travel on any of the legs they can cancel the remaining legs. So it can be cheaper travelling to C rather than to B but only if you actually go to C. Different Ts and Cs for rail travel of course.

Thanks, probably didn't make it clear, yes just buy singles as airlines will cancel the return leg if you don't show up for the outward leg, or part there of.

• Admin
12 hours ago, Pasha said:

Got tickets for the QPR game next Saturday and was checking on the tubes to the ground.

Usually catch the tube to Shepherds Bush, couple of pints then just walk to the ground but apparently there's a lot of planned engineering works on the Saturday regarding the tubes and the full service won't resume to 3:00pm.

So just a heads up to allow yourself a little more time if heading to the ground via the tube. 

Just to confirm the Circle, District and Hammersmith & City lines are ALL closed up to 3pm 

From Paddington you will need to travel Eastbound on the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus.

From Oxford Circus travel Westbound on the Central line to either Shepherd's Bush (Bars etc) or White City (nearest Loftus Road - opposite TV Centre)

image.png

• Thanks 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Last time I got a bus from Paddington, the no7 to East Acton if I recall correctly.

It goes within a 4 minute walk of the ground, gets busy when the tube lines are closed though

To confirm the above, the number 7 goes from Paddington to East Acton

If you leave from the exit on Platform 1 into Eastbourne Terrace get the bus at stop D

If you leave the main entrance get the bus at stop F

The journey takes approximately 30 minutes

image.png

You need to get off at Hammersmith hospital and as below the short walk to the ground

Bear in mind this is only a double decker bus so the capacity is limited

image.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Just to confirm the Circle, District and Hammersmith & City lines are ALL closed up to 3pm 

From Paddington you will need to travel Eastbound on the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus.

From Oxford Circus travel Westbound on the Central line to either Shepherd's Bush (Bars etc) or White City (nearest Loftus Road - opposite TV Centre)

image.png

It’s a little misleading on the map but Lancaster Gate is a 5-10 minute walk from Paddington, alternatively the Lizzy Line from Paddington and change at Bond Street. Both would be a lot less time consuming 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
8 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

It’s a little misleading on the map but Lancaster Gate is a 5-10 minute walk from Paddington, alternatively the Lizzy Line from Paddington and change at Bond Street. Both would be a lot less time consuming 

I wasn't sure about putting that due to the walking, but for those familiar with that area will know where the boozers are etc

As above walk to Lancaster Gate (no longer home of the FA) and get the Central Line as above

image.png

• Like 1

We were going to Breakfast near Paddington then tube over to meet some QPR mates before the game. Might get a little closer with no Tube on, though not sure about Bond Street . 
At least the tubes are on when we have a few on board.

9am up 8pm back what could possibly go wrong