IGNORED

When Simon Jordan demanded a replay vs City ...

BS4 on Tour...

This was on Talksport earlier today - Simon Jordan talking about that Freddie Sears ‘ghost goal’ against us - at least he admitted he’s basically grown up since his reaction to that incident when he demanded a replay.

I like Simon Jordan, he’s a fine pundit and making his recent personal health struggle public to try and alert and help others was admirable.

... but I did smile at his reaction to Jim White suggesting our Mr Lansdown is more wealthy than SJ in this vid:

• Like 1

Pfft, they were about 3 or 4 games in the season.

He is getting his dates badly wrong here!

The previous year they lost at AG..with a Maynard goal in late December a very early Maynard goal. 2007-08 was the playoffs.

This was 2009-10..and it was in August so it was hardly make or break in respect of a play-off push. Was a late winner by Maynard after the Sears goal that wasn't.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

• Admin
9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The previous year they lost at AG..with a Maynard goal in late December a very early Maynard goal. 2007-08 was the playoffs.

This was 2009-10..and it was in August so it was hardly make or break in respect of a play-off push. Was a late winner by Maynard after the Sears goal that wasn't.

We also had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside if my memory isn't failing me?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

These sort of interviews are often like this, loads of stuff is made up to make the story appear more interesting.

Each to their own but I’m amazed people are remotely bothered what the likes of him or Warnock (another serial liar) have to say about a Championship game from 14 years ago now.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1

42 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

These sort of interviews are often like this, loads of stuff is made up to make the story appear more interesting.

Each to their own but I’m amazed people are remotely bothered what the likes of him or Warnock (another serial liar) have to say about a Championship game from 14 years ago now.

I just think it's highly amusing that it's still an issue with them so I love it when they keep bringing it up.

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

My favourite memory was when he tried to drive through a large number of us walking to Selhurst Park before the now infamous play off semi final

Fair to say he got a bit of stick but he took it all in great humour at the time 

Why do you say 'infamous'. Did something happen pre or post match that I am not aware of?

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This was on Talksport earlier today - Simon Jordan talking about that Freddie Sears ‘ghost goal’ against us - at least he admitted he’s basically grown up since his reaction to that incident when he demanded a replay.

I like Simon Jordan, he’s a fine pundit and making his recent personal health struggle public to try and alert and help others was admirable.

... but I did smile at his reaction to Jim White suggesting our Mr Lansdown is more wealthy than SJ in this vid:

Jordan knows it, most of us know it, the Lansdowns know it. Two decades on and they still don’t have a clue.