IGNORED

Kal Naismith post match

Silvio Dante

Everything in that interview makes a lot of sense to me, we're doing a lot of things right but weren't sharp enough with and without the ball today. They're obviously a good team but we made it too easy at key times and never put them under enough pressure. If we can put 2 or 3 wins together after the international break I could see us really kicking on but we just look to inconsistent to do that at the moment like Kal says.

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don’t agree with that . He said  we have the players ( paraphrasing )  but we don’t believe in ourselves enough 

It’s one thing saying something but truly believing it deep down is another.

i dont think we’ve got the required quality for a play off push and I don’t blame anyone for that. Money talks in this division and we haven’t got enough of it to splash out on game changers.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

It’s one thing saying something but truly believing it deep down is another.

i dont think we’ve got the required quality for a play off push and I don’t blame anyone for that. Money talks in this division and we haven’t got enough of it to splash out on game changers.

We won't spend enough of it you mean. Our squad is alright but lacks depth.

Could we have made a play for Patino on loan e.g. what might he add post Scott.

One more CB, having to regularly rejig the defence due to absences..

Tanner and McCrorie both being out at once is unlucky.

Dembele along the front- Birmingham I doubt are markedly better off than us financially. I'm picking names out of a hat somewhat but we do lack depth over a long season. International break may come at a good time for once.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Basically, nobody will want it more than us but we don’t really have the quality needed right now. Which is spot on. 

Yep, it is…and playing against the likes Leicester and Leeds exposes that lack of quality, doesn’t it?  Especially away from home.

42 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I absolutely love him. Shame we didn’t have him when he was a bit younger so we could appreciate him for longer. 

The stupid thing is he was easily attainable when at Wigan when they went into administration.  I certainly recall @Graham c and myself both mentioning him and saying he’s someone we should go for, but that many fans would be dismissive.  At the time, I likened his switch from wing to CB as being like Keith Curle.

But, alas, he went to Luton.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

This is well worth five minutes of your time. It’s a bit of an insight into the mentality of the group and not typical “footballers” answers:

Thanks and yes agree. 

Based on that interview, really like him. 

Especially liked the comment nobody will out work or out fight us. That was evident today. 

I sometimes despair of modern football and modern footballers, people like him rekindle my love of football and City. 

And lastly signing players like that, shows what a great judge of character NP is. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Great to see a player pretty much saying what many of us should be saying - we are under achieving 

Outside of the three who came down - we should be challenging with everyone else. Being 14th at the quarter mark is disappointing 

We got to get better at home. That’s what’s costing us (again)

Looking at the sides up there too it’s frustrating. However it’s been the story of NP for the past three years, improved performances, in fact really good at times, but disappointing results which at the end of the day is what football is about and is why I don’t think SL will keep him. That new contract won’t happen if we carry on like this. Same lack of stringing together results. 

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Looking at the sides up there too it’s frustrating. However it’s been the story of NP for the past three years, improved performances, in fact really good at times, but disappointing results which at the end of the day is what football is about and is why I don’t think SL will keep him. That new contract won’t happen if we carry on like this. Same lack of stringing together results. 

What did you think of the interview though?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Great to see a player pretty much saying what many of us should be saying - we are under achieving 

Outside of the three who came down - we should be challenging with everyone else. Being 14th at the quarter mark is disappointing 

We are 14th largely as the result of the fixture list, playing no doubt the two best teams in the league away within two weeks. With an easier second quarter of the season I am sure we will be higher come half way

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Two home games after break but can’t remember last time we had back to back home wins ok Ipswich flying but if players can’t get up for top the table games we’ll never progress 

7 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Two home games after break but can’t remember last time we had back to back home wins ok Ipswich flying but if players can’t get up for top the table games we’ll never progress 

There is no issue around effort and players being up for it. Far from it - this squad doesn’t stop running 

Naismith's comments in the interview is bob on .

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

This is well worth five minutes of your time. It’s a bit of an insight into the mentality of the group and not typical “footballers” answers:

Well he has certainly gone up in my estimations that's for sure. A few thoughts:

1. Absolutely desperate for the Prem, must be gutted he left Luton

2. And he was really gonna join Wrexham in the summer given the above 🤣

3. Sorry Kal but if you want your team to dominate possession and control games, sorry that ain't our midfield 

I'm really happy with the team we have in terms of effort and commitment.  Love seeing young academy players like Bell and Conway play.  It was a joy to have Scott for the short period we did.   Yes, we are missing a bit of quality, but things a pretty good right now. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The academy is a huge plus point.

The football is by and large quite enjoyable.

A fully fit starting more often than not Conway could prove a gamechanger over time.

We just lack that craft, that little spark. Scott had it, Semenyo had it- Conway may well have it.

It is highly unlikely at any point in any season we will have a fit first choice 11.  Our failure, or SL’s, is we lack quality in depth.  Can’t see that being resolved anytime soon.  Has been a major problem since promotion to this level. This is definitely not a fault to be laid at NP’s door

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

It is highly unlikely at any point in any season we will have a fit first choice 11.  Our failure, or SL’s, is we lack quality in depth.  Can’t see that being resolved anytime soon.  Has been a major problem since promotion to this level. This is definitely not a fault to be laid at NP’s door

Tbh 4 out of 7 true defenders injured is a problem.

For a time 2 our of 3 main options for central striker.

I will reserve jusfmeny a bit until some of these are back. Accepting McCrorie probably will be for quite a while, a fully fit Tanner, one or both of Vyner and Atkinson then Conway and Weimann will improve this depth.

We haven't truly replaced Scott, not directly you can't but in the sense of that combination of craft, that carry albeit at a lower level.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ironically Naismith as part of the 3 may assist us in that respect.

Dunno but e.g.

Vyner Atkinson

James Naismith Knight

Bit more control and or ability to carry..natural left-right combination at CB too.

Was thinking about this today with the obvious benefits of a righty and a lefty at CB (always loathed an RR/LL pairing), balance in the midfield when RA is back and KN can be moved forward, but when we have a fully fit side - does genuinely look really good for us.

O'Leary

McCrorie - Vyner - Atkinson - Pring

James - Naismith

Knight

Sykes/Weimann - Conway - Bell

Probably need an upgrade on Bell if we're being brutal imo, as Anis hasn't done it for us yet on current showings, but that side looks every inch like it'll be one of the better mid table sides to me, all we need is a bit of luck and it could go our way. Plenty of reasons to be cheerful!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Was thinking about this today with the obvious benefits of a righty and a lefty at CB (always loathed an RR/LL pairing), balance in the midfield when RA is back and KN can be moved forward, but when we have a fully fit side - does genuinely look really good for us.

O'Leary

McCrorie - Vyner - Atkinson - Pring

James - Naismith

Knight

Sykes/Weimann - Conway - Bell

Probably need an upgrade on Bell if we're being brutal imo, as Anis hasn't done it for us yet on current showings, but that side looks every inch like it'll be one of the better mid table sides to me, all we need is a bit of luck and it could go our way. Plenty of reasons to be cheerful!

Edited by Shuffle

10 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Are we under achieving?

The league position is so volatile at this point in the season you really shouldn’t read too much into it; we’re 3 points off 6th, but 7 points clear of the relegation places. One win seperates 7th from 16th. And we’ve played the two best teams away from home.

I wouldn’t say we’re under achieving; I’d say we’re a mid-table club with a mid-table squad doing mid-table things.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are we under achieving?

The league position is so volatile at this point in the season you really shouldn’t read too much into it; we’re 3 points off 6th, but 7 points clear of the relegation places. One win seperates 7th from 16th. And we’ve played the two best teams away from home.

I wouldn’t say we’re under achieving; I’d say we’re a mid-table club with a mid-table squad doing mid-table things.

This. If we`d won yesterday (I know, if me auntie had...etc,) we`d have been sixth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1