IGNORED

Anyone worried?...

Superjack

If we are all guessing future managers I reckon if Lansdown could persuade Tinnion to have another crack at it he would, seriously. But I don't think Tinnion would be swayed. 

As for Euell, King etc I would imagine how Pearson exits would affect their loyality which would be to him rather than the club I would think, they would follow him if things were sour here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Fawthrop did steady the ship tbf, and what a mess that was, he was very close to getting the job, Till his business dealings came to light, I think it was Davidson who said 91 clubs in this league would not employ him, far as I remember moyes took him to Everton 

“So close to getting the job” that he actually did.

7 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

To add to an already well stirred pot......

Might Nige take on the role of Director of Football - or equivalent, with someone like Robins brought in as Manager?

No. I don't know either mind. 

I think he’s already undertaking a role that allows him to have as much influence over the football side without having to deal with the “other side” like Finances and Agents.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Would have Robins here tomorrow 

I wouldn't. May as well bring GJ back as they are similar sort of managers. It could be argued that their achievements in the game have been very similar. 

I've watched enough of Coventry to know I'd not want that style of football here. Coventry fans are unhappy that he's pissed 25 million up the wall on players that look out of their depth at this level. 

That's why I compare Robins to GJ. Great when there is no budget but ultimately fails when there is a budget. 

Handing JD a 4 year contract is a prime example of why I'd not want him here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I wouldn't. May as well bring GJ back as they are similar sort of managers. It could be argued that their achievements in the game have been very similar. 

I've watched enough of Coventry to know I'd not want that style of football here. Coventry fans are unhappy that he's pissed 25 million up the wall on players that look out of their depth at this level. 

That's why I compare Robins to GJ. Great when there is no budget but ultimately fails when there is a budget. 

Handing JD a 4 year contract is a prime example of why I'd not want him here. 

Let’s hope their fans remain unhappy come 5pm on the 21st 🤞

23 hours ago, GrahamC said:

What is interesting is that last summer Coventry did exactly what we did, sold 2 of their best players Gyokeres & Hamer for mega money, like we did with Semenyo & Scott.

Difference was Coventry’s chairman didn’t give Mark Robins 80p to spend like SL gave Nige, but he got all of it, breaking their transfer record for Haji Wright & paying millions for many of the 11 that he brought in.

Part of me thinks therefore why on earth would Robins want to move on, he’s just been given the biggest budget in his managerial career, however the counter argument I suppose is if he doesn’t achieve this season he can’t play the poor Coventry card any more.

.........and at present they are equal with us in the league.

😇

23 hours ago, GrahamC said:

What is interesting is that last summer Coventry did exactly what we did, sold 2 of their best players Gyokeres & Hamer for mega money, like we did with Semenyo & Scott.

Difference was Coventry’s chairman didn’t give Mark Robins 80p to spend like SL gave Nige, but he got all of it, breaking their transfer record for Haji Wright & paying millions for many of the 11 that he brought in.

Part of me thinks therefore why on earth would Robins want to move on, he’s just been given the biggest budget in his managerial career, however the counter argument I suppose is if he doesn’t achieve this season he can’t play the poor Coventry card any more.

The money Robins has spent this summer reminds me very much of when we gave LJ a war chest. 

Coventry fans don't rate their new signings, especially Wright and the consensus us that the money that has been spent has been spent badly.

So the counter argument would be, why would we want a manager who's seemingly spent 25 million plus wages on a load of donkeys? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Let’s hope their fans remain unhappy come 5pm on the 21st 🤞

I suspect it will be another game where we are going to have to try and break down an away team. 

Although Coventry do seem to have gone from being a direct team to one that has a bit more possession. 

From what I've seen of Coventry it appears that Robins sets the team up to get a point and hopes they can get a lucky goal. 

Their game against Huddersfield would not have been out of place in league two. 

• Thanks 1

On 09/10/2023 at 21:26, alexukhc said:

I like the management team we have right now atm, with Nigel taking a DoF role and moving Euell into his post with King into Jason’s place could work, Fleming is a great assistant too, full of character, players have respect for them all, but what do I know 

Exactly what do anyone know on here all spouting shite , the management team are doing ok with the tools they have available. There’s no replacement worthy within at the present 

• Robin 1

55 minutes ago, Red said:

I like James Piercy but blimey can’t you tell it is the international break.

This “story” is basically someone on the radio mentioning Nige, there’s no possibility whatsoever of it actually happening..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1