IGNORED

Anyone worried?...

Superjack

Just now, Superjack said:

Home to Coventry next. Given that nobody knows who may be in charge next season, anyone worried that Lansdown might invite a certain opposition manager up for a chat? 

Disclaimer: Just mischief making really... though I wouldn't be ****ing surprised. 😠

No chance robins would leave cov to come to us 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Home to Coventry next. Given that nobody knows who may be in charge next season, anyone worried that Lansdown might invite a certain opposition manager up for a chat? 

Disclaimer: Just mischief making really... though I wouldn't be ****ing surprised. 😠

If SL lets Nige leave, I think Jason Euell’s name will be high on the list. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

I wouldn't say 'no chance'.

My bet is Lansdown would suddenly find a treasure chest.

Whilst I agree lansdown would give robins more than what big nige has had it still wouldn’t match the budget cov has . He’s been able to spend some of the gykores money and will still have other money remaining in their budget . 

Obviously we all have differing opinions but mine is that if we don’t keep Pearson after this season we won’t get anyone better under the current ownership .

• Like 9

Just now, Winterstoke toad said:

Whilst I agree lansdown would give robins more than what big nige has had it still wouldn’t match the budget cov has . He’s been able to spend some of the gykores money and will still have other money remaining in their budget . 

Obviously we all have differing opinions but mine is that if we don’t keep Pearson after this season we won’t get anyone better under the current ownership .

Well, we don't differ on this. 

The reason that I am (slightly) worried is that I think we have the best manager we have had in a long time. Just for clarification.

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Yes. I think that you are correct. 

I don't like your first five words though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

More likely Andy King

Hope not. 

Not with any justification really, I have nothing against King, but if we were to go along the internal appointment route (which we all know, bar Robins, Lansdown will), I just have a feeling (nothing more) that Euell would be the best option. 

What the **** am I talking about? The best option is to keep Nige. Obvs!

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

19 minutes ago, glynriley said:

But only after a long and extensive search. #Holden 

Please kindly note that this ISN'T a dig at Jason, more a poke at the intensive recruitment process undertaken when Holden was appointed.

HE WAS PART OF THE PROBLEM.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Hope not. 

Not with any justification really, I have nothing against King, but if we were to go along the internal appointment route (which we all know, bar Robins, Lansdown will), I just have a feeling (nothing more) that Euell would be the best option. 

What the **** am I talking about? The best option is to keep Nige. Obvs!

A new contract for NP is also my preferred option. 

But I can see a situation where if we don’t finish top 10, Nige is let go and Euell promoted. Conway, Vyner or Pring sold for decent money, Euell given about 10% to spend and expected to perform miracles. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I really wouldn’t rule it out

I could see him coming here. But do we really want him? Someone who thinks Palmer and JD on decent wages are good signings…..yes he’s done a great job at Coventry but don’t think he’s a step up on Nige. However the current 14th place is grating. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

So it would mean Lansdown hasn’t learnt from Fawthrop, Tinnion, Millen, Holden. 

Well Scott Davidson was chairman when Fawthrop was appointed, but no I don’t think he has learnt and I think he’d love to see an internal appointment succeed. Otherwise why keep doing it?

3 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I could see him coming here. But do we really want him? Someone who thinks Palmer and JD on decent wages are good signings…..yes he’s done a great job at Coventry but don’t think he’s a step up on Nige. However the current 14th place is grating. 

I would have had him here years ago. 

But now we have someone better. Who is a better fit. 

Robins wouldn't have the first idea how to do the job that Pearson has done here.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have to. And Lansdown has (allegedly) wanted him for years. 

It's scary 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I really wouldn’t rule it out

What is interesting is that last summer Coventry did exactly what we did, sold 2 of their best players Gyokeres & Hamer for mega money, like we did with Semenyo & Scott.

Difference was Coventry’s chairman didn’t give Mark Robins 80p to spend like SL gave Nige, but he got all of it, breaking their transfer record for Haji Wright & paying millions for many of the 11 that he brought in.

Part of me thinks therefore why on earth would Robins want to move on, he’s just been given the biggest budget in his managerial career, however the counter argument I suppose is if he doesn’t achieve this season he can’t play the poor Coventry card any more.

• Like 6

Just now, GrahamC said:

What is interesting is that last summer Coventry did exactly what we did, sold 2 of their best players Gyokeres & Hamer for mega money, like we did with Semenyo & Scott.

Difference was Coventry’s chairman didn’t give Mark Robins 80p to spend like SL gave Nige, but he got all of it, breaking their transfer record for Haji Wright & paying millions for many of the 11 that he brought in.

Part of me thinks therefore why on earth would Robins want to move on, he’s just been given the biggest budget in his managerial career, however the counter argument I suppose is if he doesn’t achieve this season he can’t play the poor Coventry card any more.

Because Lansdown likes Robins. So he will give him assurances that the wallet would be opened. And it would. 

Not for the bloke that has earned it though. 😠😠😠😠😠😠

• Like 2

Cov fans not overawed with their performances this season, feel like their funds from Hamer & Gyokeres not been spent in the correct positions. Simms has a lot more to do to convince them of his £8m pricetag. Particularly troubling them are having Liam Kelly & Josh Eccles in the midfield, with some injuries in those positions as well, which I think Kelly has just added to. Cov there for the taking if you ask me!!!

42 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Well Scott Davidson was chairman when Fawthrop was appointed, but no I don’t think he has learnt and I think he’d love to see an internal appointment succeed. Otherwise why keep doing it?

Scott Davidson didn’t want Fawthrop, he was outvoted by the board, SL was a strong supporter. You may recall Scott made that infamous quote that no other club in the football league would appoint TF as manager. Astonishing. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Scott Davidson didn’t want Fawthrop, he was outvoted by the board, SL was a strong supporter. You may recall Scott made that infamous quote that no other club in the football league would appoint TF as manager. Astonishing. 

Tony Fawthrop...... now if there was ever a more nonsense bizarre appointment

Managed / ran some successful boys teams in Bradford / Leeds area , got his nose in at Leeds but never managed anything other than schoolboys in his life , and not a coach either.

His scouting pond was anywhere he could watch within a short drive from his home base in Yorkshire , didn’t scout opponents , just players

One of those in life who stumbled....or ....schemed....upwards

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Cov fans not overawed with their performances this season, feel like their funds from Hamer & Gyokeres not been spent in the correct positions. Simms has a lot more to do to convince them of his £8m pricetag. Particularly troubling them are having Liam Kelly & Josh Eccles in the midfield, with some injuries in those positions as well, which I think Kelly has just added to. Cov there for the taking if you ask me!!!

I think Coventry will be thinking the same about us.

With good cause as well.

I can see us getting a point from the next two home games.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Tony Fawthrop...... now if there was ever a more nonsense bizarre appointment

Managed / ran some successful boys teams in Bradford / Leeds area , got his nose in at Leeds but never managed anything other than schoolboys in his life , and not a coach either.

His scouting pond was anywhere he could watch within a short drive from his home base in Yorkshire , didn’t scout opponents , just players

One of those in life who stumbled....or ....schemed....upwards

In fairness he, Burnside and Leroy Rosenior did a good job after the Pulis debacle, taking us all the way to Wembley in AWS final. Still can’t forgive Louis for racing away moaning at the ref whilst Kavanagh fed Thorne for the winner (always wanted both of those at City). 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

In fairness he, Burnside and Leroy Rosenior did a good job after the Pulis debacle, taking us all the way to Wembley in AWS final. Still can’t forgive Louis for racing away moaning at the ref whilst Kavanagh fed Thorne for the winner (always wanted both of those at City). 

That's for reminding me of that. One of the most unprofessional things I've seen a City player do. 

Also remember Billy Mercer had been injured for a while but then miraculously declared himself fit for the final, got beat at the near post by Father Ted (Kavanagh) and then went back on the sick list after the final.

• Robin 1