IGNORED

John Eustace sacked

Paulton Red

Just read that Rooney is on 3 x the wage of Eustace!

That plus a payoff or partial payoff or pay until new job found, will shrink the FFP headroom a little more.

Finances aside, think he had his good points and bad points at Derby. After a rocky start carried himself well during the administration for the most part, gained 55 pts albeit they rightly got 21 deducted the whole 12 and 9 respectively, but assuming Birmingham don't go belly up he won't need to worry about that or multiple players leaving in January due to a disastrous financial position. Strong home record in his full season in charge.

He also undeniably took, okay Derby is an attractive first job on paper, a tougher path than Lampard who took Derby when they were there or thereabouts and had money to throw at it and then to Chelsea then Everton or Gerrard who went Rangers, Aston Villa.

Rooney at Derby mid November 2020 as caretaker and mid Janaury 2021 as permanent, Covid season, walls closing in FFP wise and the first signs of wider financial distress come Janaury 2021- bottom of the Championship too weren't they!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

On 11/10/2023 at 12:26, Midlands Robin said:

I live in Walsall which, apart from a core loyal band who support the Saddlers, seems to mostly be a mixture of Wolves or Villa fans. 

I don't actually know any Blues fans but I will see what the local news has to say. 

I work in Oldbury. Mainly WBA, Wolves, Villa at work. One B'ham fan (I think).

We used to have a few City fans, and even a Gastard (although he was a good bloke!)

One lad from Bloxwich...Liverpool "fan", FFS.

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz
  • Like 1

My mates a Brum fan, he said yesterday was one of the worst performances he can remember watching which caught me off guard as he's largely a positive guy. 

I think it's a terrible decision, they seemed to be doing well, sacked a man who seemed to have everyone on board and replaced him with a "name" rather than a proven manager.