IGNORED

John Eustace sacked

Paulton Red

From their statement..

It is essential that the Board of Directors and the football management are fully aligned on the importance of implementing a winning mentality and a culture of ambition across the entire Football Club.

With this in mind, Birmingham City has today parted company with Head Coach, John Eustace.

A new First Team Manager will be announced in the coming days who will be responsible for creating an identity and clear ‘no fear’ playing style that all Birmingham City teams will adopt and embrace.

Anyone got a house on buzzword bingo?

• Haha 1

Good win in a local derby, sitting 6th , prime candidate for managerial change obviously.

I saw that Rooney had left DC United by mutual consent , whatever that means these days. The link with Brum started soon after. Did a job at Derby, but can't help but hope they sink quickly.

6 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Tom Brady and Wayne Rooney. Christ, they'll never be off our screens.

It's going to be a long program when they talk about *deep breath ..

Tom Brady's and Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City or will it be TB&WRBC ?

I've actually been impressed with Rooney's Managerial stints and showed lots of skills, grit and a genuine desire to succeed in tough circumstances at Derby. He really grew on me and have wanted him to succeed as a manager since then.

However, this seems like madness from Birmingham... They were brilliant against us earlier this season, had a clear identity and philosophy and were better all over the pitch in every area. Felt like they were on the cusp of having a side that could challenge for Play offs so this just seems really like a really bizarre decision... Bizarre until you consider the potential documentaries anyway 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

Birmingham have sacked John Eustace this morning

Interesting I was chatting to a blues fan yesterday and they were telling me he was going to be replaced by Wayne Rooney, as the time I thought he was nuts but could be interesting. . . . 

it was being discussed on Twitter yesterday, almost as if it had already happened

24 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

I've actually been impressed with Rooney's Managerial stints and showed lots of skills, grit and a genuine desire to succeed in tough circumstances at Derby. He really grew on me and have wanted him to succeed as a manager since then.

However, this seems like madness from Birmingham... They were brilliant against us earlier this season, had a clear identity and philosophy and were better all over the pitch in every area. Felt like they were on the cusp of having a side that could challenge for Play offs so this just seems really like a really bizarre decision... Bizarre until you consider the potential documentaries anyway 🤦‍♂️

Where would they film the documentaries? The backdrop of a half built stadium doesn't look good. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Where would they film the documentaries? The backdrop of a half built stadium doesn't look good. 

Have you been to Wrexham?

They film parts of theirs there & that town looks like a rough part of Belarus.

• Haha 3

Read this paragraph Brum fans and weep:

Birmingham’s chief executive officer, Garry Cook, is said to be the driver behind the deal to bring the former England captain to the club. Last year Cook, previously chief executive of Manchester City, was part of Chris Kirchner’s failed bid to buy Derby County, the last club Rooney managed in England.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/oct/09/birmingham-city-manager-john-eustace-wayne-rooney

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Super said:

strange that the blues fans don't seem that bothered about the sacking. All knew it was coming

Birmingham fans I've seen are to exasperated to really show much emotion. Think it's a stupid decision, but a feeling of "typical Blues" when it looked like things were getting better.