IGNORED

John Eustace sacked

Paulton Red

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

God, can you imagine if this was true?  If i was in John Eustace's shoes i'd be considering legal action for wrongful dismissal or something. There must be grounds for some sort of legal action if this was the reason for it.

Probably almost impossible to prove, and like someone has said take the payoff and be glad you are outta there!

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It does make me wonder, if we got new US owners this season, would they sack NP and appoint a 'name'.

Albeit they would throw some money at it too unlike the current incumbent post Scott sale!

⚖️ balancing act , careful what you wish for , 

I would honestly say more take overs etc go tits up and end up with the club in turmoil than are a success, this is where I think Lansdown has us over a barrel , most of us ( I think ) now want change BUT ?.pits a big but

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You think not @grifty ?

New owners of clubs tend to want their own man sooner or later, this is a prime example.

I am still unhappy with the amount we spent in the summer post Scott and given he went but who knows if a  hypothetical owner would get rid of NP. It would be shocking to us  and grossly unfair but it's a common occurrence in football.

I'm very much NP in and tbh a new 2-3 year deal and a bigger budget is what's required IMO.

I hate that emoji along with the thinking one. It allows people to rubbish ( a bit strong maybe ) your opinion without actually debating it. Come to think of it I think you did it to one of mine after the Leeds game 😂

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

I hate that emoji along with the thinking one. It allows people to rubbish ( a bit strong maybe ) your opinion without actually debating it. Come to think of it I think you did it to one of mine after the Leeds game 😂

Did I? That's unlike me, shall go back and check. Found a thinking emoji on the Proud thread?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just read that Rooney is on 3 x the wage of Eustace!

That plus a payoff or partial payoff or pay until new job found, will shrink the FFP headroom a little more.

Finances aside, think he had his good points and bad points at Derby. After a rocky start carried himself well during the administration for the most part, gained 55 pts albeit they rightly got 21 deducted the whole 12 and 9 respectively, but assuming Birmingham don't go belly up he won't need to worry about that or multiple players leaving in January due to a disastrous financial position. Strong home record in his full season in charge.

He also undeniably took, okay Derby is an attractive first job on paper, a tougher path than Lampard who took Derby when they were there or thereabouts and had money to throw at it and then to Chelsea then Everton or Gerrard who went Rangers, Aston Villa.

Rooney at Derby mid November 2020 as caretaker and mid Janaury 2021 as permanent, Covid season, walls closing in FFP wise and the first signs of wider financial distress come Janaury 2021- bottom of the Championship too weren't they!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous