IGNORED

Norwich City

pl00peh91

Always liked them as a club, good people, proper loyal fan base & of course owned by a true fan of the club.

SL has never included them in his “clubs we should emulate” tombola, but they are fairly similar to us in terms of being a provincial club on the fringes geographically.

This initiative is really great, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pl00peh91 said:

Posted the above video today to mark men’s mental health day, and it is very moving. Thought it was worth a share for anyone who hasn’t seen it.

Very powerful video, just to be a little pedantic though it’s world mental health day, not just for men.

Good work from Norwich

A powerful message. Within seconds I knew it was going to be the guy on the right...seems a common denominator, outwardly bubbly and life and soul of the party, behind closed doors another thing. Common with comedians too. 

Lost my best friend to suicide...and he was outwardly the happiest friendliest bloke you'd ever meet. 

Just asking and caring a little bit more than banter, especially with blokes is worth it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Always liked them as a club, good people, proper loyal fan base & of course owned by a true fan of the club.

SL has never included them in his “clubs we should emulate” tombola, but they are fairly similar to us in terms of being a provincial club on the fringes geographically.

This initiative is really great, too.

I always used to feel the same about Ipswich, especially when they were being managed by the late, great Bobby Robson.

It is unfortunate that, like so many on here, my feelings have changed due to some irrational dislike for one of their senior personnel, late of this Parish.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I always used to feel the same about Ipswich, especially when they were being managed by the late, great Bobby Robson.

It is unfortunate that, like so many on here, my feelings have changed due to some irrational dislike for one of their senior personnel, late of this Parish.

I'm not sure any dislike of said people can be classified as irrational!

As for the video, yes...very powerful indeed. 👏

Proper lump to my throat that. Mainly because it reminds me so much of me, when you try to chat to anyone, and be friendly, hoping to get conversation and take your mind off things, or just build friendships because of the loneliness that is there when you are left with your life and misery to look at. You just want to scream out, that you really need someone, anyone, or anything, sometimes the biggest cries for help are not easy to see, but that's so relatable, it's like watching a video of myself. I knew instantly, it was the guy on the right who was depressed, and struggling, as I just see myself. 

Credit to Norwich for this video. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I wouldn't say irrational, Phil ?