IGNORED

Spain beat Scotland

SecretSam

16 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Fairly straight forward from my point of view - their players deserve to qualify. The fans who booed our national anthem recently and hate everything English do not.

England fans have booed opponents National Anthems for donkeys years.  Does that mean we don't ever deserve to qualify?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

England fans have booed opponents National Anthems for donkeys years.  Does that mean we don't ever deserve to qualify?

I don't agree with booing national anthems but the fans in Glasgow took it to another level. There will always be a few that do it, I don't ever recall the whole of Wembley booing though. If they did then they were wrong to do so, in my opinion.

Scotland have played well and deserve their success but I enjoyed watching the likes of Bellingham who was so good against them in that friendly. The booing probably inspired England, they have played much worse in friendlies at Wembley when the games have had no edge so maybe I have it wrong and we should encourage it!

• Like 1

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Interesting to read, I haven't been aware of mass booing for many years

You will always get the odd idiot at a game, but nothing like it used to be

I guess all will be revealed in a few hours, as tonight's silence etc will certainly being stirring emotions from some

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I guess all will be revealed in a few hours, as tonight's silence etc will certainly being stirring emotions from some

Depends on the definition of "mass" in this context.  If it's loud enough to be picked up on TV then that's probably more than "the odd idiot".

Just smacks a little of double standards is all to complain about it being done to us.  "They were louder" is the flimiest of excuses imo.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Should be nothing tonight I’m afraid just get on with the game with black arm bands - car crash waiting to happen I’m afraid with a period of silence they say - I might be wrong but I reckon that period of silence will last about 10 seconds ( if that ) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Depends on the definition of "mass" in this context.  If it's loud enough to be picked up on TV then that's probably more than "the odd idiot".

Just smacks a little of double standards is all to complain about it being done to us.  "They were louder" is the flimiest of excuses imo.

Tonight will be my 212th England game. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been at an England game where the opposition anthem has been booed by England fans (mostly against Scotland or Wales, where it is reciprocated, not that that excuses it in any way).

• Like 6

• Admin
10 minutes ago, redkev said:

Should be nothing tonight I’m afraid just get on with the game with black arm bands - car crash waiting to happen I’m afraid with a period of silence they say - I might be wrong but I reckon that period of silence will last about 10 seconds ( if that ) 

I thought it was interesting that it has been referred to as a "period of silence" rather than a "minutes silence" 

I think 10 seconds could be generous -and no doubt sadly will be what grabs the headlines later tonight

6 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Tonight will be my 212th England game. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been at an England game where the opposition anthem has been booed by England fans (mostly against Scotland or Wales, where it is reciprocated, not that that excuses it in any way).

Not been as many times, but completely agree

It's one of those myths that gets repeated so often that because someone hears it said they take it as fact

4 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Fairly straight forward from my point of view - their players deserve to qualify. The fans who booed our national anthem recently and hate everything English do not.

Makes you sound like the type of fan who gives players stick for 90 min

Then start crying when they score against us and stick thier finger up to you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don’t want Scotland to qualify. 
Not for any patriotic/nationalistic/partisan reasoning. 

I’d just rather see Haaland at the euros than Lyndon Dykes. 

As someone who would like to see England win a major tournament in my lifetime, I would rather Norway or Spain miss out! Gives us a better chance of winning. 

It seems highly likely that Scotland will qualify tbh. A very good start and an excellent home record going back to early 2021 in competitive games, in theory they could still drop to 3rd wirh a point in Georgia but it would require a 2 goal win for Norway at Hampden and Norway to beat Spain- head to head would come into play if Scotland and Norway were level on points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

As someone who would like to see England win a major tournament in my lifetime, I would rather Norway or Spain miss out! Gives us a better chance of winning. 

If they were to get there and we faced Norway, if we couldn’t beat them we don’t deserve anything. 
Just as likely to have a tougher game vs Scotland as we would vs Norway. 

I’d just like to see the best players in the world playing in the best tournaments, so it’s a shame Haaland won’t be there and Dykes & Che Adams will! 

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

If they were to get there and we faced Norway, if we couldn’t beat them we don’t deserve anything. 
Just as likely to have a tougher game vs Scotland as we would vs Norway. 

I’d just like to see the best players in the world playing in the best tournaments, so it’s a shame Haaland won’t be there and Dykes & Che Adams will! 

One man doesn't make a team. 

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It seems highly likely that Scotland will qualify tbh. A very good start and an excellent home record going back to early 2021 in competitive games, in theory they could still drop to 3rd wirh a point in Georgia but it would require a 2 goal win for Norway at Hampden and Norway to beat Spain- head to head would come into play if Scotland and Norway were level on points.

They will be Spain fans on Sunday .

Think if Norway lose Scotland are through .