IGNORED

Where is our SLO?

Mr Popodopolous

I don't know whether tbis is the right thread but it adds to a bit of a sense of drift around the club. Feel more to move it to a more appropriate thread if you think it's in the wrong place:

I took a browse of the SLO section:

1) Last login, 19th September 2023.

2) Last question answered 19th September 2023.

3) Question before that, 8th August 2023.

It could be the case that the SLO is badly stretched but..it's not a great look on what is a decent sized fan platform, engagement etc.

54 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I don't know whether tbis is the right thread but it adds to a bit of a sense of drift around the club. Feel more to move it to a more appropriate thread if you think it's in the wrong place:

It could be the case that the SLO is badly stretched but..it's not a great look on what is a decent sized fan platform, engagement etc.

and while asking the question where is @Robbored who seems to have gone MIA also.

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Oh, I suppose it would've been nice to notify people though

Where's the commitment from him that he'd be answering questions on here?

Frankly he gets tagged in all sorts of irrelevant posts on here, from people who seem to want to blame him for stuff from behind their keyboard. So I don't blame him. He's a top bloke and very approachable

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think he does still attend every single game, including the women's games (maybe?), and attends every monthly SC&T meeting. 

As far as I know he attends every game, but not sure about the women's fixtures. He's often around at Senior Reds meetings.

He's on FB, maybe a FB messenger message might work?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Where's the commitment from him that he'd be answering questions on here?

Frankly he gets tagged in all sorts of irrelevant posts on here, from people who seem to want to blame him for stuff from behind their keyboard. So I don't blame him. He's a top bloke and very approachable

Oh, ok then. 

Perhaps the SLO Q&A section at the top of this forum should be deleted then? 👍

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

The SLO role is a poisoned chalice of a job.

I don't imagine it is paid fantastically well, but the expectations must be huge. A labour of love, with no chance of winning.

He is the SLO for the football club. Not the stadium, rugby, basketball or Bristol Sport.

Dare say he can ask questions of someone who might be multi-org to try and get an answer, but there a massive limits on what he could realistically achieve.

All that said, I don't entirely know what the objectives of an SLO are (other than clubs should have one), do you bite and challenge the hand that feeds you or do champion everything a support asks, knowing full well that the answer is gonna be 'no'.

He does what he can, and as others have said, he has been hugely helpful to them, is the role (not Jerry) perfect? Nope. And I'll bet that is the same for every other SLO.

Actually feel some pity for him.

Thanks Jerry. I wouldn't want the job.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think he does still attend every single game, including the women's games (maybe?), and attends every monthly SC&T meeting. 

Not the women's, but consider this, it's his job to attend all the games, it is part of his role. He used to attend all games before he was employed by the club, going back years but now he is very much working and engaging with fans. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I got stick before from certain posters for asking similar before. There is guidance from UEFA/FA and the supporters trust about the SLO should do and ours just doesn’t meet it.

I questioned why the SLO doesn’t choose to engage with the largest supporter platform. It is also far more balanced than Twitter and Facebook.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Henry said:

I got stick before from certain posters for asking similar before. There is guidance from UEFA/FA and the supporters trust about the SLO should do and ours just doesn’t meet it.

I questioned why the SLO doesn’t choose to engage with the largest supporter platform. It is also far more balanced than Twitter and Facebook.

Instructions from on high?

12 hours ago, RedM said:

Not the women's, but consider this, it's his job to attend all the games, it is part of his role. He used to attend all games before he was employed by the club, going back years but now he is very much working and engaging with fans. 

I believe he broke the 1000 consecutive away games barrier last season. Not a single match missed since something like 1985.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To be adding additional balance, SCAT would rather this place wasn't a channel for raising issues either and if you are wanting something added to their agenda (must fall under AOB, woe betide you if your topic would be an actual genuine agenda item), they would prefer it If you sent them a pigeon.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1