IGNORED

Leroy Lita - Undr The Cosh

4 hours ago, 2015 said:

Was actually complimentary about his time at City. Had a lot of respect for Danny Wilson and Tinman.

Genuinely think his most consistent period in his career was with us as well.

Yeah definitely came accross how much he respected Tinnion. Seems like Tinnion had a real aptitude with youngsters all the way through.

Also interesting to see the contrast between professionalism at City compared to Reading. Sounds like they were leagues ahead of us. 

He scored about 20 goals in 50 games for Reading in the Championship and the Premiership so I reckon they got his best period due to the level. He never really hit those scoring heights again and I'm only an hour in. Were there injuries? 

He was amazing for us and seems he has a genuine love for playing now at Nuneaton. 

Did anyone see the Undr the cosh with Westley? Absolute David Brent with his business background and I had to give up on it. 

Edited by Rebounder
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Yeah definitely came accross how much he respected Tinnion. Seems like Tinnion had a real aptitude with youngsters all the way through.

Also interesting to see the contrast between professionalism at City compared to Reading. Sounds like they were leagues ahead of us. 

He scored about 20 goals in 50 games for Reading in the Championship and the Premiership so I reckon they got his best period due to the level. He never really hit those scoring heights again and I'm only an hour in. Were there injuries? 

He was amazing for us and seems he has a genuine love for playing now at Nuneaton. 

Did anyone see the Undr the cosh with Westley? Absolute David Brent with his business background and I had to give up on it. 

I actually find the podcast in general a bit cringeworthy. Just a load of old lads trying to relive their youth going on about how they liked to 'get on it' and stuff like that.

Interesting to listen to our ex players and that's it. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I actually find the podcast in general a bit cringeworthy. Just a load of old lads trying to relive their youth going on about how they liked to 'get on it' and stuff like that.

I really enjoy it and it’s incredible what the lads have managed to turn it into, I.e havig full time employees for them now too, but It’s astonishing how much stuff guests say is either made up or just completely bent truth as well. 

Shows how much being a footballer really is just like living in a bubble. 

2 hours ago, 2015 said:

Exactly this. 
In the main it’s players who were ‘characters’. 
And by that I mean, those who were boozers or bad boys. Most of the guests they have on could likely have made more of their careers if they had been more ‘professional’. 
It’s all very cringe in my opinion. 

I highly doubt they’ll have James Milner on any time soon, regaling them with stories of turning up for training on time every day for 25 years, or how he’d celebrate the champions league by doing the hoovering and making a lasagna. 

It’s all very much “yeah, we got soooo bladdered” and “oh I really didn’t like that manager because he disciplined me (because I was acting like an arse)”

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4

Had a listen to this episode yesterday, interesting listen about his time at city and how he joined us, I really enjoy the episodes I've listened pretty much to all of them now, It just makes you realise that we have as fans no idea 

what goes on behind the scenes and hat players have going on in their lives, Jeff Winter( ex ref), Gary Roberts, Keith Treacy, Graham Westley episodes are worth a listen and the Dorking Wanderers story is incredible too.

17 hours ago, Harry said:

I highly doubt they’ll have James Milner on any time soon, regaling them with stories of turning up for training on time every day for 25 years, or how he’d celebrate the champions league by doing the hoovering and making a lasagna. 

But you've just summed it up perfectly why they probably wouldn't want Milner on there, nobody wants to hear that as it simply isn't entertaining whatsoever for the huge majority of people. It isn't really a podcast about the serious side of the game.

I've only listened to a few because of the characters that were on there and ex players of ours. Surely back in the day when most of these players on the podcast were playing, that was just a different time, and it wasn't as professional as it is nowadays.

If there is a market for a "plain" Milner type player then there will already be a podcast out there. 

32 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Does he go into why Wilson dumped him for the playoff final? IMO that was a big factor in what cost us that game.

Something along the lines of he thinks Wilson was trying to protect him throughout his time at City. He was fuming that he wasn't selected but didn't hold it against Wilson long term as he was good for his career.

Tinnion told him before he even got the job that if he was in charge he'd be starting every week under him. He was a man of his word.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

Does he go into why Wilson dumped him for the playoff final? IMO that was a big factor in what cost us that game.

No, he says he was devastated and was in tears. And Clayton Fortune consoled him and took him to the bar.

But he also says he has massive respect for Danny Wilson, who he says he can now see, was protecting him as a youngster, when he would'nt play him all the time.

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

Listened to it yesterday. Loved hearing about his respect for Tinnion, Murray, Carey etc. Brooker sounds like a complete ***** off the pitch. 

I recommend listening to the Steven Caulker one as well. That guy has had some demons. Unbelievable how he managed to stay in football as long as he did with his lifestyle. 

Until Adam Webster came along, Caulker was the best centre back I had seen play for us. Had the potential to go to the very top 

12 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That game at Hereford in pre season he talks about, anyone recall the international we had on trial that day?

Haven’t listened to the pod yet so dunno what the story is…but I once went to a pre season game at Hereford where we had a lad from Finland playing - Eremenko. Is that who you mean? 

19 hours ago, Tony Tootle said:

The story about Lita roundhousing Brooker is great

That came up on the OSIB podcast too I think for the first time. We’d heard about the fight of course but not really an insight into why, until that interview. He expands on it a bit more here and clearly looks really bad on Brooker. 

The fight with the Gasheads was news to me though, as was the glassing by a Gashead on a different occasion.