IGNORED

important road closure for the match against Ipswich this coming Wednesday

Never to the dark side

The M5 will be closed from 10pm next Wednesday from Junction 18 at Avonmouth to the Weston super mare junction at junction 21.

The clean air zone charge will be suspended.

Considering that fixtures have been known since june2023,

you would have thought the bone heads at Highways agency would have picked a non football home mid week game to do the work.

Maybe the bone heads could delay the closure till 11pm on Wednesday night?

I have sent an e-mail to highways agency asking if these works could be delayed to start at 11pm on Wednesday night,

could I ask as many of you to do the same

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

The M5 will be closed from 10pm next Wednesday from Junction 18 at Avonmouth to the Weston super mare junction at junction 21.

you would have thought the bone heads at Highways agency would have picked a non football home mid week game to do the work.

I have sent an e-mail to highways agency asking if these works could be delayed to start at 11pm on Wednesday night,

Maybe the boneheads thought...

Can't imagine that many football fans will be impacted in the grand scheme of things, if the club are concerned they'll get in touch.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

According to the Highways Agency website, for light vehicles the closure is limited to 

southbound - Portishead to Weston

northbound - Weston to Clevedon.

I can’t imagine that will seriously affect too many?

And I’m sure they’ll say that if they start at 11 then they won’t finish til 7 - and that potentially impacts far more. 

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe the boneheads thought...

Can't imagine that many football fans will be impacted in the grand scheme of things, if the club are concerned they'll get in touch.

Or...from Ashton Gate it's just as easy to go down the Weston Road than the M5.

51 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Or...from Ashton Gate it's just as easy to go down the Weston Road than the M5.

Which is what I’ll do.

These night time closures are a pain and they don’t always seem to announce them, I was driving back from the last evening game and all of a sudden we were led off the motorway for a junction. It wasn’t too bad but those who travel further than me can end up with huge delays which make evening games nowadays almost not worth the effort.

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

These night time closures are a pain and they don’t always seem to announce them

Not sure where or when they send that information out, but not many will get it if my experiences are anything to go by.

Used to work in Bedminster and live in Fishponds. The occasionally shut the M32 , seemingly without warning.
I have been caught on the St. Pauls roundabout at 10:15pm ish and it's been worse than the busiest rush hour. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure where or when they send that information out, but not many will get it if my experiences are anything to go by.

Used to work in Bedminster and live in Fishponds. The occasionally shut the M32 , seemingly without warning.
I have been caught on the St. Pauls roundabout at 10:15pm ish and it's been worse than the busiest rush hour. 

They have been closing various bits of the A30 overnight down here in Devon for months. Trying to find out which bits and when is a nightmare - none of the travel sites ever seem to have any details. I`ve given up looking and just take my chances these days.

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They have been closing various bits of the A30 overnight down here in Devon for months. Trying to find out which bits and when is a nightmare - none of the travel sites ever seem to have any details. I`ve given up looking and just take my chances these days.

I'll be glad when they finish that expansion or whatever they are doing now. Such a busy road and absolutely horrible to navigate at times. I've had more than my share of 6 hour trips back to Bristol.

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I'll be glad when they finish that expansion or whatever they are doing now. Such a busy road and absolutely horrible to navigate at times. I've had more than my share of 6 hour trips back to Bristol.

It`s always mental down here this time of year with roads closed all over the place - it`s that window between the end of the holiday season and winter coming in.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

These night time closures are a pain and they don’t always seem to announce them, 

Might be worth checking on the one.network website which all the utility companies use for notifying  work being done? It can be set for today, next few weeks or 6 months.

Obviously emergency closures for a few hours won’t get posted but it might be worth checking for any journeys you need to do?  

• Thanks 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

A request to those visiting Ashton Gate for the game against Coventry,just to pass the info on,as not every one is connected to the internet.

I’d be pretty surprised if anyone who travels that distance to Ashton Gate does not have any internet access, barring possibly some ancient old boy who travels with family or friends.