IGNORED

Fortuna Dusseldorf free tickets for fans story

Will Rollason

Link

Heard a brief interview with their CEO (maybe).

Something like 2/3rds of German supporters think football is far too expensive. He believes this is the case across Europe. 

From my own perspective I was a season ticket holder a few years ago , couldn't get down enough to justify it, so became an occasional visitor.. which is now far, far too expensive for me and family. 

That being said, if City are filling the Gate up as it is, why would they change it to help folk like me? Wouldn't have thought it would go down too well with the season ticket holders either. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Link

Something like 2/3rds of German supporters think football is far too expensive. He believes this is the case across Europe. 

From my own perspective I was a season ticket holder a few years ago , couldn't get down enough to justify it, so became an occasional visitor.. which is now far, far too expensive for me and family. 

That being said, if City are filling the Gate up as it is, why would they change it to help folk like me? Wouldn't have thought it would go down too well with the season ticket holders either. 

I have a ST and would have no problem with free tickets being given out for 2-3 matches a year.

What I wouldn't be so keen on is a giveaway to just anybody, you would get plenty of people that don't give a **** and just want it because it's free.

Maybe what it should be is limited to people, such as yourself, that are on the club's database but can't get to games so much any more for whatever reason.

P.S. I agree, football is indeed too expensive

Edited by richwwtk

3 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Link

Germany do it far better than us when it comes to footy and the community with ticket prices.

They also offer free public transport to games.

The Euro 24 will have free public transport for games for 36hrs. 

Imo we are idiots (strong word) but non the less, for just putting up with ticket prices and transport prices ( efficiency) in this country. 

It's not value for money imo. 

• Like 1