IGNORED

We have a new sub forum!

REDOXO

2 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Probably not enough ex player posts to warrant a whole sub forum IMO.

Lump them all into one thread? Perhaps pinned?

I do like an ex player post though so I would seek them out if I had to.

No harm in trialling it.

I think lumping all into one thread is unrealistic - you’d get Massengo comments next to a reply about John Galley and it’d be unreadable.

The other thing is many ex-player threads, as I’ve said, veer onto other things. The Lita Undr The Cosh one veered into discussion about that pod, the Massengo one about Burnley’s transfer strategy generally (with contribution from a visiting Claret, which would be less likely in a sub forum and for which the thread was richer). An “ex player” thread isn’t always an “ex player” thread.

Your first comment is the clincher here. And I’d also note, albeit it’s a small sample, that the new forum had a post about Bas Savage - two responses, including one person saying it justified the forum. Yesterday a post re “rise like a salmon” was made on the main forum - about Cheese, hasn’t been moved, lots of engagement. Proves the point.

It’ll make engagement worse. If there is no harm in a trial, then there’s also no harm in having a poll before splitting the forum into sub sections and surely that would have been the best thing here? As it stands, we’ve given a solution to a problem that didn’t exist. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think lumping all into one thread is unrealistic - you’d get Massengo comments next to a reply about John Galley and it’d be unreadable.

The other thing is many ex-player threads, as I’ve said, veer onto other things. The Lita Undr The Cosh one veered into discussion about that pod, the Massengo one about Burnley’s transfer strategy generally (with contribution from a visiting Claret, which would be less likely in a sub forum and for which the thread was richer). An “ex player” thread isn’t always an “ex player” thread.

Your first comment is the clincher here. And I’d also note, albeit it’s a small sample, that the new forum had a post about Bas Savage - two responses, including one person saying it justified the forum. Yesterday a post re “rise like a salmon” was made on the main forum - about Cheese, hasn’t been moved, lots of engagement. Proves the point.

It’ll make engagement worse. If there is no harm in a trial, then there’s also no harm in having a poll before splitting the forum into sub sections and surely that would have been the best thing here? As it stands, we’ve given a solution to a problem that didn’t exist. 

Yeh I agree, just chucking out some ideas to try mediate.

If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it!

Anyway, does anyone know what Bas Savage is upto these days?😀

18 hours ago, REDOXO said:

If you have not noticed @phantom and his fellow mods have started the former players forum! WELL DONE GUYS

Now just have to get a few moved

But not The Torpey one apparently!

Thanks to all involved!

So we can move the Rovers thread in there? I mean they like our old players right?