IGNORED

FBC POD: the joy of victory overshadowed by potential fallout from Pearson's "irritated" comment

headhunter

1 hour ago, One Team said:

Looking forward to this episode. The FBC lads normally do a pretty good analysis of things like NP’s comments of yesterday. Now OSIB’s content is limited it’s now my favourite podcast! 

Thank you.

This weekend's episode is now available to download from on Spotify etc. etc. or just click here: 

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/coventryh-the-verdict-victory-overshadowed-by-nige-s-i-m-irritated-post-match-comment/

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

So 18 month rolling contract starting in January. Any explanation of what happens to the remaining 5 months of his current deal or is that just to be written off.

Yes, written off. It would be an agreement on new terms better than what's on the table as it stands and not grounds for constructive dismissal.

Personally I think his health condition may come into play in some way, i.e. have the op and take an extensive period to recover and ultimately a soft runway to departure with a small payoff in the summer.

Audition for Jason Youell to make a play for it permanently - a typical Lansdown appointment.

10 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Yes, written off. It would be an agreement on new terms better than what's on the table as it stands and not grounds for constructive dismissal.

Personally I think his health condition may come into play in some way, i.e. have the op and take an extensive period to recover and ultimately a soft runway to departure with a small payoff in the summer.

Audition for Jason Youell to make a play for it permanently - a typical Lansdown appointment.

Love the spelling of Euell, but that aside, after his recent Luton comments surely our Steve has his eyes blushing at the runty little Welshman that set them on their path to the PL  and is currently out of work.

I'm not sure Nigels position is influenced by his health. We shouldn't be letting that influence our decision either as that would be unethical. 

I think it's simply that the October International break is the period where our plans for the January window would be finalised. Maybe that hasn't happened as there is a huge lack of direction going on at the club at the moment. 

Its all well and good saying let's wait til Jan to see about a contract but how does that work when you're trying to plan for the window?

The negotiations with players go on a long time before the window actually opens. How can Pearson sell his vision to a prospective signing when come January he only has 6 months left on his contract? How can him and Tins plan for the window when they may not even know the budget. 

We wouldn't be signing players for 6 months, we'd be signing them for the next 3 years. 

I think that's the issues Pearson has regarding a new contract because there is no long term commitment, or plan it seems. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Love the spelling of Euell, but that aside, after his recent Luton comments surely our Steve has his eyes blushing at the runty little Welshman that set them on their path to the PL  and is currently out of work.

Nathan wouldn't go down well and similar for Rowett. Eustace would be a decent shout. 

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 meaning definitely, do you think he'll still be here when the next window opens?

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Nathan wouldn't go down well and similar for Rowett. Eustace would be a decent shout. 

On a scale of 1-10, with 10 meaning definitely, do you think he'll still be here when the next window opens?

Nor did Dean Holden but that didn't stop him. If he has blushing eyes for Coventry and Luton then Jones would be high on his list as Robins is unattainable atm.

If he lets Pearson go then I'm done with the club until Lansdown is gone, so won't care who he appoints tbh.

As for your question, it's totally hypothetical and I have no idea. Hopefully the fans will get behind NP in the next few games and give Lansdown some well deserved stick. NP is an honourable guy and I think he will still be here until May unless pushed. During which time I fully expect him to be lining up his next job, and who could blame him.

• Like 1
  • Flames 5

It’s very clear to me that Lansdown doesn’t enjoy Nige’s frank & direct approach.

But given the fact that he’s invested virtually zero this summer after bringing in £24m for Scott alone , does he really believe we can be anything more than a mid-table side?

Our whole board structure is a mess right now (no CEO and Lansdown jnr a waste of oxygen). The last thing we need is for SL to dispense with an experienced manager who has the backing of most of our fan base.

I sense a very interesting couple of weeks ahead !

• Like 2

18 hours ago, headhunter said:

This is a live stream event at 09.00 and will be available from midday on Spotify, Apple & other podcast platforms:

@headhunter - I’m a fan of the podcast and started watching this episode on YouTube for the first time. I wanted to ask if it’s possible to change the camera view to maximise the picture of the current speaker? It would help make it a better viewing experience. Thanks. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Corsham Alf said:

It’s very clear to me that Lansdown doesn’t enjoy Nige’s frank & direct approach.

But given the fact that he’s invested virtually zero this summer after bringing in £24m for Scott alone , does he really believe we can be anything more than a mid-table side?

Our whole board structure is a mess right now (no CEO and Lansdown jnr a waste of oxygen). The last thing we need is for SL to dispense with an experienced manager who has the backing of most of our fan base.

I sense a very interesting couple of weeks ahead !

Yes, because Luton got promoted. At least that’s what he keeps saying on the rare occasions he bothers to speak about Bristol City.

• Like 1

@headhuntercan you put a mute button on Ian please? If he doesn’t answer your question cut him off. I honestly thought we had lost 3 nil after his pointless two minute ramble at the start of the show.

Also remind him his view on NP doesn’t mean the fans are split. He is one fan with a very blinkered view.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2015 said:

The fans are not split on NP is the only thing I'd say. The vast majority are behind him. Other than that a good episode as usual.

Indeed, of the 600 surveyed on OTIB so far over 97% think he should get a new contract. Hardly a split. More like a sliver who don’t support him. 

12 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

He really is clueless 😂

Because he doesn't have the same opinion as you any chance?

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

The fans are not split on NP is the only thing I'd say. The vast majority are behind him. Other than that a good episode as usual.

So there is a split then, no matter how small, it's split

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Beni71 said:

@headhuntercan you put a mute button on Ian please? If he doesn’t answer your question cut him off. I honestly thought we had lost 3 nil after his pointless two minute ramble at the start of the show.

Also remind him his view on NP doesn’t mean the fans are split. He is one fan with a very blinkered view.

He really does live rent free in some people's heads!

14 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Because he doesn't have the same opinion as you any chance?

So there is a split then, no matter how small, it's split

97% who have voted on OTIB want a contract extension. I'd say that's closer to a landslide view on the issue than a split opinion.

Edited by 2015
  • Like 2

2 things I’ve picked up in the first 20 minutes…

1. Without wanting to join the Ian bashing, as he’s as entitled to his opinion as anyone else, he’s been banging on for weeks about changing to 3 at the back, exactly what happened Saturday got torn apart now saying it was a stupid thing to do?!?

2. Shat himself to death is possibly the quote of the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6