3 Peaps In A PodCast

4 hours ago, 3 Peaps In A PodCast said:

Spotify - bit.ly/46xFvRa

Podbean - bit.ly/46VQuni

Apple - apple.co/3tKSmkR

Spotify - bit.ly/46xFvRa

Podbean - bit.ly/46VQuni

Apple - apple.co/3tKSmkR

FBC should have got in first and the host could explain , his relentless criticism direct , and the rude arrogant one could explain to AW that he’s like a speedboat out of control 🤣

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

It feels to me as though they are becoming a propaganda arm of the club, sponsored by huboo as well

Nothing controversial at all and all a bit bland now, don't have to be controversial for the sake of it but they appear frightened to death to say anything that doesn't tow the club's party line

Pity really as I used to enjoy them

• Like 4

11 hours ago, frenchred said:

How long we continually gonna harp back to his one good season?

Interesting that @headhunter has liked your comment here that you think he’s “only had one good season”. Obviously reverting to his famous theory of a couple of years ago that apparently he just “runs around”..

Weimann scored 10 goals in 44 games in his first season with us, but seemingly that wasn’t “good”. 9 goals in 45 games in his second (not “good” either).
Then he had his serious injury interrupted season (7 games, 2 goals) after which he came back & had THAT season (an ever present, won an international recall after 7 years out, scored against France, top scorer, most goals in a season for us at this level for 40 years, fans’ player of the year, players’ player of the year).
6 goals in his 43 games for us last year (again that’s not “good”, apparently).

To recap then he is now one goal shy of scoring 50 Championship goals for us, you have to go back to John Galley for the last person to achieve this at City, (though to be fair to Sir Tom Ritchie he would certainly have done so had he not played 4 top flight years).

But Weimann’s had just the one “good” season with us, apparently. This is the same player who cost us just over half what we paid for Kasey Palmer & the same fee that we paid for Gustav Engvall..

Opinions are of course just opinions but this one is for me, completely ******* clueless.

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting that @headhunter has liked your comment here that you think he’s “only had one good season”. Obviously reverting to his famous theory of a couple of years ago that apparently he just “runs around”..

Weimann scored 10 goals in 44 games in his first season with us, but seemingly that wasn’t “good”. 9 goals in 45 games in his second (not “good” either).
Then he had his serious injury interrupted season (7 games, 2 goals) after which he came back & had THAT season (an ever present, won an international recall after 7 years out, scored against France, top scorer, most goals in a season for us at this level for 40 years, fans’ player of the year, players’ player of the year).

To recap then he is now one goal shy of scoring 50 Championship goals for us, you have to go back to John Galley for the last person to achieve this at City, (though to be fair to Sir Tom Ritchie he would certainly have done so had he not played 4 top flight years).

But Weimann’s had just the one “good” season with us, apparently. This is the same player who cost us just over half what we paid for Kasey Palmer & the same fee that we paid for Gustav Engvall..

Opinions are of course just opinions but this one is for me, completely ******* clueless.

I'd consider yours as ******* clueless if you think 49 goals over nearly 200 appearances for a guy who arrived as a striker and has played predominantly up front as good

The comparison of fees paid is more a sleight on those that paid them at the time

So as I said one good season 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

18 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Bet you were saying that every week in his 22 goal season, or when he scored against France.

Weimann is a superb professional who was probably one of LJ’s best 3 signings.

100% agree...........Andi has been a wonderful signing, who has performed outstandingly.  However his SELL BY DATE is approaching, and  the inevitable that comes to every player is imminent?  IMHO.  He has lost that initial burst of acceleration, and as much as i admire and support him, i cannot see him performing at this level after this season........I sincerely hope i am wrong!

51 minutes ago, frenchred said:

It feels to me as though they are becoming a propaganda arm of the club, sponsored by huboo as well

Nothing controversial at all and all a bit bland now, don't have to be controversial for the sake of it but they appear frightened to death to say anything that doesn't tow the club's party line

Pity really as I used to enjoy them

If Bland means taking a grounded non personal approach to reviewing the match then fine, works for me. They’re a refreshing change from the negatively framed FBC podcast. I agree with Ian Gay at times and a lot of what he says is sound but it’s the arrogance and the I know better (with the odd, but what do I know chucked in for a little of humility) advice…that irks. 

The 3Ps in a Pod give a thorough dissection of the match not afraid to say what worked and what didn’t, but it’s all very grounded, it’s their opinion and they don’t act like theirs is the only opinion that matters. 

The difference for me is I can imagine Ian Gay salivating every time we lose. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I'd consider yours as ******* clueless if you think 49 goals over nearly 200 appearances for a guy who arrived as a striker and has played predominantly up front as good

The comparison of fees paid is more a sleight on those that paid them at the time

Do you ever veer away from whining , moaning and criticising , every player , the team , manager .....

It appears not

Gas in a red coat

• Sad 1
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

If Bland means taking a grounded non personal approach to reviewing the match then fine, works for me. They’re a refreshing change from the negatively framed FBC podcast. I agree with Ian Gay at times and a lot of what he says is sound but it’s the arrogance and the I know better (with the odd, but what do I know chucked in for a little of humility) advice…that irks. 

The 3Ps in a Pod give a thorough dissection of the match not afraid to say what worked and what didn’t, but it’s all very grounded, it’s their opinion and they don’t act like theirs is the only opinion that matters. 

The difference for me is I can imagine Ian Gay salivating every time we lose. 

Thats fair comment

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

My opinion is mirrored by Chris Honor, a fellow pro who you'll say is ******* clueless too then? His ratio is one in 4 which is OK for a championship striker but no more than that.

Reading your post I was reminded of that Steve Coogan song, "everyone has to be a **** sometimes" although in your case it's all the time!!!

Don't read my posts or listen to the podcast. It can't be good for your health us living rent free in your head. 😆😆

56 minutes ago, maxjak said:

100% agree...........Andi has been a wonderful signing, who has performed outstandingly.  However his SELL BY DATE is approaching, and  the inevitable that comes to every player is imminent?  IMHO.  He has lost that initial burst of acceleration, and as much as i admire and support him, i cannot see him performing at this level after this season........I sincerely hope i am wrong!

Fair comment & quite possible we don’t offer him another contract but the stuff about him having only had 1 good season with us is truly laughable.

He’s had one exceptional one, several good ones & last year an average one.

Great value for money signing, possibly coming towards the end of his time with us, but he’s been written off before.

Andi W is a model pro. I really enjoyed hearing his opinion. Yes, 3 Peeps is club friendly in that their critismn is always level headed and respectful. No way he would have appeared on the FBC pod, especially with Ian. "But Andi, that's an antic". I listen to both, and like them both.

6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

My opinion is mirrored by Chris Honor, a fellow pro who you'll say is ******* clueless too then? His ratio is one in 4 which is OK for a championship striker but no more than that.

Reading your post I was reminded of that Steve Coogan song, "everyone has to be a **** sometimes" although in your case it's all the time!!!

Don't read my posts or listen to the podcast. It can't be good for your health us living rent free in your head. 😆😆

So Chris believes he’s only had one “good” season with us since 2018? He definitely said that?

I don’t listen to the podcast, thanks.

Edited by GrahamC

23 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

FBC should have got in first and the host could explain , his relentless criticism direct , and the rude arrogant one could explain to AW that he’s like a speedboat out of control 🤣

They wouldn’t have the bollocks  to say it face to face 

• Flames 2

Andi Weimann has been good overall. He had one outstanding season & funnily enough that was the only season he was consistently played through the middle. The rest he has been pulled around mostly in wide positions. So perhaps had he been played predominantly through the middle I'm sure his goal scoring record would be much better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

13 minutes ago, headhunter said:

How many games has he started at no.9?

He's played the majority in midfield or as second striker, I'd say.

In which case, 1 in 4 is a good strike rate for me.

If he'd played 200 games as our main striker, it wouldn't be. But he hasn't.

He's not easy on they eye but there's a whole heap of infinitely worse players to have played for us at this level.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, headhunter said:

You really shouldn’t be putting your content out in public if you can’t take the criticism.

Btw ‘out of control speedboat’ wasn’t funny the first time or when you say it during most episodes.

23 minutes ago, Henry said:

You really shouldn’t be putting your content out in public if you can’t take the criticism.

Btw ‘out of control speedboat’ wasn’t funny the first time or when you say it during most episodes.

No problem facing criticism it's just some are relentless to the extent of being waring.

Must be doing a decent job on FBC as our stats (visible on Podbean unlike some) have shown a 80% increase in audience since last year.

Btw, the speedboat comment was Chris' and I quite like it as I think it apt too often. Watch the arm pointing too and wasting of energy chasing balls he's no hope of reaching.

In fairness, Andi is due a goal and I can see him getting a brace tomorrow!

13 minutes ago, headhunter said:

No problem facing criticism it's just some are relentless to the extent of being waring.

Must be doing a decent job on FBC as our stats (visible on Podbean unlike some) have shown a 80% increase in audience since last year.

Btw, the speedboat comment was Chris' and I quite like it as I think it apt too often. Watch the arm pointing too and wasting of energy chasing balls he's no hope of reaching.

In fairness, Andi is due a goal and I can see him getting a brace tomorrow!

It's known in the game as pressing, not trying to reach a ball he has no hope of getting. The arm pointing is his way of making sure the other forwards are  pressing the men without the ball, if you watch closely enough.

• Robin 1

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He's not easy on they eye but there's a whole heap of infinitely worse players to have played for us at this level.

Right wing back on occasion, too.

According to Transfermarkt 61 of his appearances for us have been as a striker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Just for clarity.  In Championship games for Bristol City:

IMG_8877.thumb.jpeg.a85b6d68340601b0e98235b50d0b65f8.jpeg

192 matches

49 goals, plus 27 assists (76 goal involvements as the kids now use!)

The equivalent of 165 x 90 min apps.

Thats a very solid striker record….until you look at how many times he’s played striker, and rarely as the main striker (often second fiddle to Diedhiou).  The size of the blobs on the right equate to starts in that position.

+++++

If you sit and just watch Weimann (I have done in the past for long periods in a match) you’ll see his movement can be top class.  He sometimes can be a bit too eager to make attacking runs.  But it is always with purpose, for him or his teammates, even if not always what we want him to do.  Never hides.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Andi has been a top pro for City. As others say he probably has had his best days, but still does a decent job and I imagine works well with teammates who clearly respect him (voted as captain after all). He is fine, and as long as he isn't expected to keep up energy and play full 90s twice pw adds value.

In terms of the podcasts, I find them all interesting and a totally varied mix. I have my own views on positive and negative of each but that is well exceeded by my view of thanks to those who take time to run them every week. Takes a real commitment that so well done, they make a difference to my week and I always look forward to them! 

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1