IGNORED

No one from the BoD available

REDOXO

Listened to SOTC this afternoon, many thanks to the boys that went on the show!

However the biggest take away for me was that the Board of Directors all declined (were not available). Exactly what the supporters and now the manager are saying!

The upside of this is, they know what supporters are thinking, as someone must have been listening, so they can’t pretend they don’t know what the overwhelming majority of supporters are thinking. 

The downside is they are all now seen to be a pointless bunch of ******* sucking money from the club and it’s majority shareholder having no power and scared of saying or doing anything!

This screams to me a takeover is imminent!

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Listened to SOTC this afternoon, many thanks to the boys that went on the show!

However the biggest take away for me was that the Board of Directors all declined (were not available). Exactly what the supporters and now the manager are saying!

The upside of this is, they know what supporters are thinking, as someone must have been listening, so they can’t pretend they don’t know what the overwhelming majority of supporters are thinking. 

The downside is they are all now seen to be a pointless bunch of ******* sucking money from the club and it’s majority shareholder having no power and scared of saying or doing anything!

This screams to me a takeover is imminent!

To be fair there are only 2 of them, it's quite easy for both to be busy.

******* joke board.

I don't see how it screams that a takeover is imminent though?

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To be fair there are only 2 of them, it's quite easy for both could be busy.

******* joke board.

I don't see how it screams that a takeover is imminent though?

The organization won’t speak with stakeholders from top to bottom. 

The majority shareholder has stated he is looking for investment and this looking for investment has morphed into take over 

The Chairman will not make any statements on behalf of the club, even if it’s about how crap the pies are

The manager of the team has concluded there is no one to answer anything at senior level and there are contract issues that need sorting out

It appears that a decision was made not to put a great deal of money into investment in staff

The most senior officer at the club is now a finance officer

The CEO resigned after three months in the job

The BoD will not respond to media requests and the two main people are SL and JL who appear to be hibernating. 

You’re in MnA I believe you not joining the same dots as me? 

If it’s not that the it’s total and utter incompetence with a bit of I don’t give a toss thrown in for good measure!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The majority shareholder has stated he is looking for investment and this looking for investment has morphed into take over 

The Chairman will not make any statements on behalf of the club, even if it’s about how crap the pies are

The manager of the team has concluded there is no one to answer anything at senior level and there are contract issues that need sorting out

It appears that a decision was made not to put a great deal of money into investment in staff

The BoD will not respond to media requests and the two main people are SL and JL who appear to be hibernating. 

If it’s not that the it’s total and utter incompetence with a bit of I don’t give a toss thrown in for good measure!

I am.

We know a sale is desired, but I don't join those dots and surmise one is imminently about to happen - sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick and that's not what you meant.

Personally I think it's what you say in your final paragraph combined with an ego inflated with decades of personal success and a contempt for critics, advisors, and any fresh thought.

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Wonder what Tinnion thinks and can influence. 

Probably quite a lot of the first and not much of the second.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I am.

We know a sale is desired, but I don't join those dots and surmise one is imminently about to happen - sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick and that's not what you meant.

Personally I think it's what you say in your final paragraph combined with an ego inflated with decades of personal success and a contempt for critics, advisors, and any fresh thought.

Probably quite a lot of the first and not much of the second.

What I’m saying is we have a quiet period!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

What I’m saying is we have a quiet period!

We are. I'm not sure that points to a sale. In football in particular there's normally an awful lot of rumours that swirl once a buyer/exclusive bidder is found. We've heard of offers etc ...but unless I've missed it we've not heard a name or even nationality of a prospective new owner/investor. I don't think we're close.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We are. I'm not sure that points to a sale. In football in particular there's normally an awful lot of rumours that swirl once a buyer/exclusive bidder is found. We've heard of offers etc ...but unless I've missed it we've not heard a name or even nationality of a prospective new owner/investor. I don't think we're close.

I think when you put all we know together it points very much to a sale. However to what extent it’s the whole shebang v BCFC I just don’t know.  

As you say in your industry you kiss a lot of frogs

My thought has always been that Mr Ashton was tasked with finding someone and did! Only for Ipswich (but that’s not relevant here except to say they were American) 

I don’t know how close however this ridiculous situation has been ongoing for a long time! The worlds longest quiet period maybe 🤔 

What it all says to me is that we may or not even be in an exclusivity stage but sometimes when things start to get to a point that they have here they move quickly or statements start to get made!

Im still a shareholder so maybe I should ask!

You’ll take them From my cold dead hand Steve!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I largely agree with your analysis but unsure that a takeover or a large new investment is imminent. Time will tell though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I largely agree with your analysis but unsure that a takeover or a large new investment is imminent. Time will tell though.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I agree with you, there’s no way anything is imminent, they wouldn’t be able to keep things quiet if anything was close 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Even then a takeover can move swiftly or it can really drag, ie actually that money and control becoming real due to EFL regs, maybe FCA regs in some cases, etc.

I was unwittingly (long story, over a pint one day maybe) close to what was at the time a very large sports deal! 

I was left in no doubt about who wanted to know what regarding where the money was coming from. If it’s foreign money (particularly American) there is quite a process.

Mind you City are less than a drop in the bucket by that comparison. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think what he is suggesting is that the only logical reason for all these bizarre goings on is that a takeover could be in the works. 

These things can be subject to confidentially clauses so it's not impossible that it could be the reason. 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They could have just played a recording of SL telling us again (& again) how much money he’s put in.

Or “trust me on Tinnion” or “I actually gave Lee Johnson a mock interview for his first managerial position at Oldham” or the time when he sacked Cotterill but wasn’t brave enough to do it to his face, because I’ll bet good money that’s what he’ll do to Nige as soon as we lose a game.

In truth I actually don’t want to hear from him now, more of his lies, “what football earns, football gets” more of him changing the club that we should copy for the tenth time, more nonsense about “having a good go at the top six” whilst getting in £35m & spending about £6m.

Just sell up & **** off.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

In truth I actually don’t want to hear from him now, more of his lies, “what football earns, football gets” more of him changing the club that we should copy for the tenth time, more nonsense about “having a good go at the top six” whilst getting in £35m & spending about £6m.

that was the conclusion I reached after the Guernsey interview and Alexander's SOTC one...and that's not a dig at PA either, think he knew he was on borrowed time and was just SL's mouthpiece in the hope he would get to hang around.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think what he is suggesting is that the only logical reason for all these bizarre goings on is that a takeover could be in the works. 

If someone was interested then it's reasonable to assume that they, or their representatives would want to have a good look round and a stadium tour. 

As of four weeks ago I know that no such tour/look around has taken place.

Of course something may have happened since, but I doubt it. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

They could have just played a recording of SL telling us again (& again) how much money he’s put in.

Or “trust me on Tinnion” or “I actually gave Lee Johnson a mock interview for his first managerial position at Oldham” or the time when he sacked Cotterill but wasn’t brave enough to do it to his face, because I’ll bet good money that’s what he’ll do to Nige as soon as we lose a game.

Just sell up & **** off.

Thank you....

Sick of the bullshit.

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Even then a takeover can move swiftly or it can really drag, ie actually that money and control becoming real due to EFL regs, maybe FCA regs in some cases, etc.

I think the press normally gets an early sniff and love to print rumours. As there is zero in the press my feeling is that the door is open but there are no customers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I think the press normally gets an early sniff and love to print rumours. As there is zero in the press my feeling is that the door is open but there are no customers.

True but even that notwithstanding, it can take months to get ratified.

By which I mean, it may not be of much use for a January window based on Birmingham, Huddersfield, Hull were there to he a takeover announced today.

Again new owners must agree to T+2 to demonstrate that future plans will remain within solvency, FFP and general regulations- is this a barrier to future investment.