IGNORED

Leicester best start

ashton_fan

4 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Well done Leicester. Such a great achievement with one of the championships largest ever wage bills I’d guess.

all a bit of a farce isn’t it. They are playing a different game to us and plenty of others in this division. 

Pretty sure that our wage bill the year before 1905 wasn’t £182m.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Well done Leicester. Such a great achievement with one of the championships largest ever wage bills I’d guess.

all a bit of a farce isn’t it. They are playing a different game to us and plenty of others in this division. 

I don't agree. They came down and pretty much have the same team this season. Its not like they have gone out and spent tens of millions on new players. Fair play to them.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 8

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I don't agree. They came down and pretty much have the same team this season. Its not like they have gone out and spent tens of millions on new players. Fair play to them.

Surely a wind up ? Not like the players they came down with and kept weren't signed for millions of pounds in the Premier league and put on mega money or anything 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, BCFC31 said:

Surely a wind up ? Not like the players they came down with and kept weren't signed for millions of pounds in the Premier league and put on mega money or anything 🤷🏻‍♂️

Exactly, but that's how relegation works. You come down with a good side, you will sail straight back up. To say they are playing under different rules to the rest of us is unfair. They only spent money they generated themselves in selling Maddison.

• Confused 3

• Admin
4 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Exactly, but that's how relegation works. You come down with a good side, you will sail straight back up. To say they are playing under different rules to the rest of us is unfair. They only spent money they generated themselves in selling Maddison.

As a recently relegated Prem club they get trampoline payments so literally play by different rules to us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

They’re operating at an entirely different level to the rest of the division . They actually spent nearly £40m on players for this season and generated over £200m income from sales . Nothing wrong with what they’ve done at all but nothing really highlights the have and have nots more than Leicester in this division! 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

At they’re current rate of trajectory ( stretching their lead over 3rd by 1.2 points per game on avg) they’ll be officially promoted by the beginning of March 😳😳

I assume that goes for Ipswich as well as they might (hopefully not) have the same points after tonight.

Most teams in this league have had trampoline payments at some point but Ipswich haven't in the last 20 years.

Classic Championship table right now - I think I've got it right that if we do win tonight, and if that is a better result than both Birmingham and Sunderland achieve, then we go from 12th to 5th (having been 8th on Tuesday morning). We cannot overtake both Preston and Sunderland as they are playing each other.

Equally, if we lose and Hull and Coventry both win, then we slip a little to 14th (last night's results were actually quite kind to us). 

So we could be anywhere* between 5th and 14th come 21:45 tonight. 

*it may not be possible to finish anywhere but I refuse to do that much maths.

16 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I assume that goes for Ipswich as well as they might (hopefully not) have the same points after tonight.

Most teams in this league have had trampoline payments at some point but Ipswich haven't in the last 20 years.

Looking at their squad, it seems if they dont go up they must have extremely high wages..

Don't rraĺy care for the Leicester bashing, they came down and were dog shite the whole way down, the have sold and added and are dominating.

Yes don't agree with the powechute payments , but credit where due, they had their pants pulled down last season and have reacted well, it could have easily gone the other way, and says to me they have bought the right players sho want to fight to get back to the prem.

Money or no money, the attitude needs to be right.  And you have to hand it to them.. if it continues 

Relative to two other teams - Leeds and Southampton - they're doing pretty well.

Compared to the rest - they're doing about as well as expected. Marginally better maybe.

Daka £23m, Iheanacho £25m, Pereira £22m, Ndidi £17m.

Even the players some might think are their 'cheaper' players like James Justin for example who scored last night. He probably cost way more than anyone we've got.

While it is a little farcical having that team in this league, the upside is they're killing all comers. They're so far clear that it levels out in that everyone loses to them, so for a team like us with play-off aspirations (however realistic) it doesn't change too much. For teams with title aspirations it's less ideal, as there's only one team lifting that trophy in May (or March at this rate!). 

• Like 2