IGNORED

Travelling to Cardiff on M4 - beware of go slow

sh1t_ref_again

25 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Just seen this to cheer up anyone planning to drive to Cardiff

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/23879207.20mph-protesters-get-ready-go-slow-m4-weekend/

So people protesting about people having to drive slowly; are going to drive slowly ?

Only in Wales ! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Admin
1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Just seen this to cheer up anyone planning to drive to Cardiff

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/23879207.20mph-protesters-get-ready-go-slow-m4-weekend/

The services to Central Cardiff is roughly 20 miles 

The go slow is leaving the services (if they get onto the M4) at 10am

They'll be in Cardiff by approximately 11am

Junction 29, where the protest is coming off the M4 is roughly 16 miles 

It's not going to be an issue for anyone getting over the bridge after lunchtime 

• Like 1

Nevermind that, roads that were 40 are now 30 in most places like north rd heading in from coryton on the m4, most 30’s are now the insane 20, the mobile cameras will love nothing more than catching a few outsiders with no clue…..as the roads will prob be busy you should be ok as you’ll be stuck behind them. The WAG are wonderful, now everyone is spending more time checking their Speedo and road signs than noticing traffic or people crossing rds…..

10 hours ago, phantom said:

The services to Central Cardiff is roughly 20 miles 

The go slow is leaving the services (if they get onto the M4) at 10am

They'll be in Cardiff by approximately 11am

Junction 29, where the protest is coming off the M4 is roughly 16 miles 

It's not going to be an issue for anyone getting over the bridge after lunchtime 

Doesn’t it depend how slow they go?😏

• Admin
7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

football special BTM to Cardiff NON STOP departing at 12:19pm arrive 12:58

Usual request have your tickets issued from Parson Street

I presume group save is still available

If your gonna walk to the ground you can always get the  train to Grangetown then walk the rest of the way

Any information on anything coming back?

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Doesn’t it depend how slow they go?😏

Err, they are going at 20mph 

10 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

football special BTM to Cardiff NON STOP departing at 12:19pm arrive 12:58

If your gonna walk to the ground you can always get the  train to Grangetown then walk the rest of the way

Departs platform 11 BTM, arrives platform 3 Cardiff Cent. 12.58.

13.10 from platform 8 is the train to Barry stopping at Grangetown 13.14

At 13.15 also from platform 8 there's a train to Penarth stopping at Grangetown 13.22

4 hours ago, italian dave said:

If you’re travelling by car, and planning to use the car park at the ground, according to the BCFC website you’ll be disappointed. It says that there will be no car parking at the Cardiff stadium.

Not really sure why: it’s always been available in the past as far as I remember.  

Has this been advertised before today? If it has I've missed it 🤦‍♂️ fully intended to drive and park at the ground as I have done for each of the last dozen visits...

Just now, Always Believesham said:

Has this been advertised before today? If it has I've missed it 🤦‍♂️ fully intended to drive and park at the ground as I have done for each of the last dozen visits...

Same for me. And I only found out at 5 today -  so too late to phone Cardiff and check. It’s definitely on the City website though - in the ‘Derby information for travelling fans’ news item.

Like you, I’ve always parked there in the past with no problems. 

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Same for me. And I only found out at 5 today -  so too late to phone Cardiff and check. It’s definitely on the City website though - in the ‘Derby information for travelling fans’ news item.

Like you, I’ve always parked there in the past with no problems. 

Cheers - saw the site after reading this

Will try and book somewhere that looks relatively legitimate and look forward to the inevitable queue afterwards (thanks in advance if anyone has any advice for a parking solution!)

9 hours ago, Always Believesham said:

Will try and book somewhere that looks relatively legitimate and look forward to the inevitable queue afterwards (thanks in advance if anyone has any advice for a parking solution!)

There were still some places available yesterday evening on Just Park, and not too far away from the ground. Very expensive though - £15+. 

And, mindful of the other advice on the City website, I’ve gone for one that you reach by turning right when you come out of the ground. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Always Believesham said:

Turns out the City website was talking bollocks after all that. There’s a surprise. 
parking is available at the ground as usual, and the steward on the gate has no idea why Bristol City told us otherwise.